OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Blue Breaker series

Started by exodus, 08/07/2017, 07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exodus

I didn't quite realize how far this series had gone. Not far past 1998, but still, for a PC-fx origin game, it's quite something.

As far as I can tell, there was:

Blue Breaker: Ken Yorimo Hohoemi o (PC-fx): Sep 27, 1996

Blue Breaker: Ken Yorimo Hohoemi o (saturn): Nov 27, 1997

Blue Breaker: Egao no Yakusoku (PS): Dec 25, 1997

Blue Breaker Burst: Bishou o Anata to (PS): Jul 23, 1998

Blue Breaker Burst: Egao no Asuni (PS): Sep 10, 1998

As far as I understand:
The first two games (PC-fx, Saturn) are largely the same game.
Egao no Yakusoku is *more or less* the same game, with several added scenarios.

The two "Bursts" are fighting games, and seem to be super similar - they even have the same HUD. but the second game appears to have 2X as many characters.

it's clear the franchise didn't exactly set the world on fire, but not bad for a game of PC-fx origin - it probably has the most ports and sequels of any PC-fx game!

Filler

I didn't know about some of these!

It's too bad that some good PC-FX games such as Blue Breaker, Fire Woman Matoi Gumi, and Boundary Gate came out on other platforms since they would be cool FX exclusives.

Incidentally, Blue Breaker plays a role in Megami Tengoku II as a discoverable advertisement.

esteban

Quote from: filler on 08/07/2017, 10:02 PMIncidentally, Blue Breaker plays a role in Megami Tengoku II as a discoverable advertisement.
TELL ME MORE.

Take a photo, if you can (or capture or whatever)....

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

exodus

I'm also curious about this!

And for me, I'm happy to have games come out on other platforms, because then they're more accessible to others - exclusives only wind up making developers poor :P

NecroPhile

'Tis good to hear at least one game had some legs.

Quote from: exodus on 08/08/2017, 02:13 PMAnd for me, I'm happy to have games come out on other platforms, because then they're more accessible to others - exclusives only wind up making developers poor :P
Yarr, console exclusives don't mean shit to me.  Either a game is fun or it isn't, no matter how many other systems it's on.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!