The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

WTB RomRom Amp

Started by Tw3ek, 08/08/2017, 12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tw3ek

Hello everyone!

I'm looking to get my karaoke on, PCE style. I know this is going to probably be a long shot, but if anyone doesn't want one anymore, lemme know!

esteban

Good luck, comrade.

For those who have not seen this item:

IMG

SOURCE: https://archives.tg-16.com/Gekkan_PC_Engine_1990_05.htm#p01
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

You'll have a better chance of people who own one at all finding your thread in the PCE Sales section, but they aren't cheap.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Tw3ek

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/08/2017, 12:56 AMYou'll have a better chance of people who own one at all finding your thread in the PCE Sales section, but they aren't cheap.
The worst part is that it's here because I missed the / between PC Engine and SuperGrafx. I have no one to blame but me lol

esteban

Quote from: Tw3ek on 08/08/2017, 01:03 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/08/2017, 12:56 AMYou'll have a better chance of people who own one at all finding your thread in the PCE Sales section, but they aren't cheap.
The worst part is that it's here because I missed the / between PC Engine and SuperGrafx. I have no one to blame but me lol
UNACCEPTABLE.

crazydean

Quote from: esteban on 08/08/2017, 12:34 AMGood luck, comrade.

IMG

Is there some sort of green problem here? Also, I still don't know what the ROMROM Amp is, as I can't read Japanese  ](*,)

CrackTiger

It's basically a receiver/speaker/kaoroke set.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

crazydean

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/08/2017, 07:26 AMIt's basically a receiver/speaker/kaoroke set.
Ah. I see it now. Wasn't there a karaoke for the Sega Genesis?

CrackTiger

Quote from: crazydean on 08/08/2017, 10:11 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/08/2017, 07:26 AMIt's basically a receiver/speaker/kaoroke set.
xcrement5x has one. It perfectly compliments the model 1 set, just as the Rom2 Amp does the white PCE/IFU.

I was disappointed that it wasn't included in the final boss fight of Segagaga.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: crazydean on 08/08/2017, 02:38 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/08/2017, 12:34 AMGood luck, comrade.

IMG

Is there some sort of green problem here? Also, I still don't know what the ROMROM Amp is, as I can't read Japanese  ](*,)
It's...an amp.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/09/2017, 04:22 PM
Quote from: crazydean on 08/08/2017, 10:11 PM
xcrement5x has one. It perfectly compliments the model 1 set, just as the Rom2 Amp does the white PCE/IFU.

I was disappointed that it wasn't included in the final boss fight of Segagaga.
This is an older pic, but it really is a slick looking piece of hardware that goes with the MD/CD1 and makes a cool set. 

IMG

Sadly (but maybe for the best since I'm a horrible singer) I do not do much karaoke with it.  It has some neat audio settings that were fun to play around with in games sometimes though.  Mine has been MIA after a move though, I try not to think about it and hope it's just hiding somewhere :(
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SignOfZeta

My God that's thing is tits as fuck.
IMG

NecroPhile

Yarr, that's slick.  Please tell me there's matching speakers too.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

I've never seen Mega Drive speakers, but I've seen WonderMega speakers and Genesis ones.  Neither of them look that cool (probably just branded bookshelf speakers from what I can see).

There is a MegaDrive modem though, I have that also for maximum collectarding.  :dance:
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SignOfZeta

The real question is: which one is better?

I think they are both two channel, right? Can anyone compare sound quality? Is there a reverb? It's hard to imagine karaoke without it. Maybe one reverb sounds better than the other?

I'd imagine the constant squeal coming from the PCE would be a mark against probably even MegaCD when it comes to sound quality.
IMG

esteban

I am a collectard.

I still want the RomRomAmp.

Damn.