OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Matching serial numbers

Started by bob, 08/19/2017, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

fighting street has been super boring lately, and the "insertion marks" thread was inspiring.

if you care about things like matching serial numbers, then you are probably somebody i don't care to get to know very well

what other collectardism tendancies drive you to drink?

LostFlunky

Baggies...

I got a hate filled email from a guy who bought a Jaguar game from me that didn't have the original baggy in the package.  I had mistakenly listed it as CIB, and listed the contents...

in99flames

Not sure if collectard to complete their game with a guide or just retard....but here it goes

***Be Prepared...long hateful post incoming***

****you have been warned

I must chime in.  although this happened a good 10 years ago...its massive retardation needs to be told. Now, this person who bought it from me is most likely dead now due to their sheer lack of intelligence and common sense. In fact, I found it difficult that they even achieved adulthood without dying a terrible death.

Alas I digress:
 I forgot how i got it, but I had a second instruction manual for the PS2 game "Shadow Hearts". Not sure if it was worth anything I decided to sell it. I listed it stating its the instruction manual that comes with the game amd I posted a picture of it.  I started the bidding at $1.00. The person who bid(i will henceforth be referring to this scumbag as "Dick") ended up winning the instruction manual for $1.00. Shipping was $2.50 so Dick paid a total of.......$3.50.
Upon receiving the item, I got an angry email from Dick saying what I sent them is not what they were expecting(despite including a photo in the auction). Dick said "I thought you were selling the instruction manual. This is the in-disc booklet. I want the instruction manual, the book that tells you how to complete the game. I already have this in-disc booklet. Please send me a refund for the item".

That response is just unbelievably inane and absurd.  Ok where do I begin....the "in-disc booklet"? What in the hell is that exactly? Are we to physically open the cd itself and expect a book inside? That term is nonsensical. Next, Dick says that he HAS this booklet already....ok.....didnt you see the picture? Why the hell would you bid on an item you already have expecting something else? Mind you the booklet itself says "Instruction Manual" printed on it. Dick wants a refund for the $1.00 he spent(minus the S&H). Really. You want your dollar back even though its your terminology and lack of common sense that was the problem? Seriously...you want your whole dollar back??
Dick obviously is extremely confused and is looking for a strategy guide. Which leads to the next part. I did a search of completed items at that time for a Shadow Hearts strategy guide. They were selling for $60 to $70 at that time. So from a price perspective, did you think you were getting the deal of a fucking lifetime? Wow these sell for 60 to 70 bucks and I got mine for a dollar!  Despite all this I calmly replied stating to Dick that he was looking for a Strategy Guide and not an instruction booklet(or in-disc booklet for the layman).I also informed Dick that I would not be refunding his DOLLAR because I felt the item was described well enough and even included a photo. 
Dick replied with an all caps message stating i am a terrible seller and should be ashamed of myself. Dick then left me negative feedback stating "false advertising".  Besides being deaf from Dick yelling at me, I got to keep my dollar(more like 75 cents after fees). Good thing this feedback is so old that it is off my record. It was my first and only negative feedback on eGay thus far. Who knows what became of Dick but I bet he has a large in-disc booklet and instruction manual collection.

***end ridiculously large hate filled post. Thank you for reading(if you did)! This is what fighting street is all about :-) ***
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

Dicer

Grading, fuck off with that noise...

CrackTiger

What kinds of things have serial numbers to match?

Console boxes and hardware?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

Quote from: guest on 08/20/2017, 03:21 PMWhat kinds of things have serial numbers to match?

Console boxes and hardware?
yes.  i was reading an ebay auction where they made a big deal of this and i have heard people care about it before.

now i dont blame sellers for mentioning it because some buyers DO care about it.
i just dont understand WHY people care.

PukeSter

Limited edition Physical copies for all the crappy (or decent) PS4 indie games. Just look at Night Trap

It's 2017. There's nothing exciting about a Blu-ray Disc.

Switch owners will tell me that has carts. But who wants a $30 cave story when you can get it for half on steam (or freeware). How about a $40 binding of issac? I can get the original for $5

Physical is nice if you want to sell a game or get it on discount. But not everything needs a disc. Shop smart

crazydean

The need to buy Turbo CIB because CIC simply isn't good enough. I could see it if the box had special art, but it's nearly identical to the case.

deubeul

Sealed games. And keeping them sealed.

NecroPhile

As far as I know, all of my boxed hardware has matching serial numbers, but it's not something I really care about.  Most of it was either bought new in box or used and boxless, with the PC-FX being an the exception (used and with a matching box).  It's just a sticker, so I'm not going to lose sleep if they don't match.

The aforementioned VGA grading, LEs for meh games that nobody really cares about, and sealed collectards are much more vexing than serial number bullshit.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Damn, that guy sounds like a straight up scammer.  I hope you reported him to ebay over that, if people do it enough then ebay notices the scammer pattern and will suspend their account.  They've also started keeping an eye on people that leave a very large number of negative/neutral feedback and acting accordingly.  That said, I think a negative or unpaid only stays on your account for like a year before it falls off?

I care about stuff matching but not so much that I'm gonna flip my shit over serial numbers.  That's a whole other level of OCD, lol. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

CrackTiger

I care about my original Nintendo Power mags that have my name and address on them, just as I do about the original games and hardware that I still have from bitd.

I can see somrone choosing a matching console and box over a mismatched set if the two listings are roughly the same price and condition. But I don't think that people without a disorder would have either known or cared about serials if they hadn't learned about it and all of the other rules of collecting from the collectard collective.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

blueraven

Fuck matching serial numbers.

I have two Duo's that I resurrected, recapped, RGB modded and then found boxes for them later. They are all piecemeal. This does not mean two fucks to me, but if some of you have a hard-on for matching serials, then I really must question how much money you want to waste on this hobby.

The fun for me is finding a wreck that someone else wants to throw in the trash, and bringing it back to life, if for no other reason than I am told that it cannot be done. Then, with the box, I can pack it away neatly as I have a very small studio apartment.

So if you need to have that security blanket, then fine. I'm not judging, some people think I'm off my rocker for buying a cardboard box from japan, so I don't have a milk-crate full of shit. We all have our weird collectardations that manifest in one way or another. Sinistron only played loose hueys, others only collect sealed games so they can display them as art or lock them in a vault. It's their prerogative. I just think serials is a totally unnecessary thing that is waaaay too anal retentive and would result in me spending ACTUAL MONEY equivocal to a month of rent... I'd rather just trade for someone else's dumpster fire.

*edited because I can't spell

SuperGrafx

Nothing wrong with requesting or insisting on matching serials.
I'm of the mindset where I want my collection to be pristine and as pure/complete as possible.

esteban

Like most things in life, the answer is deceptively simple:

You will never be happy, matching serial numbers or not.

Personally, I don't keep anything unless it matches the console's serial number (I don't want to soil my house with impurities).

As a result of my high standards, my consoles are all loose.

NEW DILEMMA: to achieve maximum authenticity, I only purchase sealed games that contain the DNA of former Software Etc. employees (if you are fortunate, trace amounts may reside in the creases/hanging tabs).

This is a dilemma, however, because if I try to verify the presence of dandruff/skin cells/hair/etc. , I would have to sacrifice a sample for testing.

Scraping/swapping for DNA residue is, basically, tampering with the integrity of the game.

PRESERVING PATINA: Also, I try not to disturb the dust and patina of my sealed games. As we all know, some games were dusty, even when they were "new" in retail stores, because they were ignored by customers.

This is why Syd Of Valis (Genesis) was completely enshrouded in dust (almost immediately) at retail, whereas RealSports Football had, at most, a few specks of dust settle upon it (and these were probably errant specks dislodged from  Syd of Valis hanging directly above it).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

o.pwuaioc

I never kept any boxes for my consoles, so I have no idea what matches and what doesn't. I can't even begin to imagine caring about something so trivial.

VGA grading is for suckers.

How do you guys feel about the foam that came with Turbo chips?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2017, 08:20 AMI never kept any boxes for my consoles, so I have no idea what matches and what doesn't. I can't even begin to imagine caring about something so trivial.

VGA grading is for suckers.

How do you guys feel about the foam that came with Turbo chips?
NO JOKE, I like having to stupid foam bar (TG-16 boxes), but it is the total collectard in me because I keep the games on a shelf. The foam only serves a purpose if you keep the game in the box....

ALSO, I like the sponge foam that comes with the PCE HuCARD games... even though that really was for  *shipping the game to Japanese retailer (so contents were nice for customer upon opening case)*

NOW, I have moved many times and I've never had a problem with HuCARDs dislodging from their spot in a case during the packing/unpacking deshelving/reshelving process.... so that sponge foam is not necessary, so why do I keep that shite?

A: collectardism

It's a fetish, I tell you. SAD BUT TRUE.

Of course, I don't feel the urge to get sponge or foam for all my games. But, then again, I don't throw it out, either.

I know its fucking stoopid, but I enjoy my stupidity.

nopepper

Matching serials is also a thing among the most asinine group of gamers in the universe, the Neo Geo. The ones who could not afford the AES, took to the MVS scene, and decided that matching serials in kits was important for their health.

These are the poor Chunks, that should be content with nice shuffle moves and Dominos pizza, but instead, want to join Troy in the country club, with the douche-y elite.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2017, 08:20 AMHow do you guys feel about the foam that came with Turbo chips?
I don't throw 'em away, but I never worried if a game had it or not when buying used games.

I remember years back some goofball was selling 'em on ebay and getting something like $5 each.  Man, you can buy a whole sheet of foam for that!...... which is what I've done to keep my empty boxes filled (the games are out for playing) so they don't get crushed or bent up in storage.

CrackTiger

What I would like to have is pieces of styrofoam that completely fill Turbo boxes and help them keep their shape. I don't have a lot of boxes though and don't plan on getting them all.

I never thought that I'd ever buy those plastic protectors for game boxes, until I realized that they were the solution I was looking for for Intellivision games. Even crushed/flattened boxes can sit in one and fit wuth the rest on a shelf, instead of sliding around in a messy pile.

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/22/2017, 11:41 AMWhat I would like to have is pieces of styrofoam that completely fill Turbo boxes and help them keep their shape.
That's what I've done, though it's extruded polystyrene instead of the white expanded polystyrene like what it came with.  Higher density (firmer) expanded foam is produced, but it's not stocked at Menards or Home Depot, so that's why I went with extruded.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: PukeSter on 08/20/2017, 03:42 PMLimited edition Physical copies for all the crappy (or decent) PS4 indie games. Just look at Night Trap

Switch owners will tell me that has carts. But who wants a $30 cave story when you can get it for half on steam (or freeware). How about a $40 binding of issac? I can get the original for $5

Physical is nice if you want to sell a game or get it on discount. But not everything needs a disc. Shop smart
I hate the disappearance of physical media. Sure, its great to save $$$, but what happens when you want to play the game again in 20+ years, like this forum and the Turbografx? Sonic Mania's release is super stupid. An LE with a crappy statue, but no physical copy of the game? Fuck that.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

CrackTiger

Hopefully hackers are ripping and backing up every digital game, good and bad, so that we can still experience them decades from now.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2017, 01:36 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/20/2017, 03:42 PMLimited edition Physical copies for all the crappy (or decent) PS4 indie games. Just look at Night Trap

I hate the disappearance of physical media. Sure, its great to save $$$, but what happens when you want to play the game again in 20+ years, like this forum and the Turbografx? Sonic Mania's release is super stupid. An LE with a crappy statue, but no physical copy of the game? Fuck that.
Yeah, I am pretty tarded for the physical copy.  I bought a Zelda Windwaker Wii U (years ago) and it bugs me every time I see it that it didn't come with a disc...

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esteban on 08/22/2017, 10:05 AMOf course, I don't feel the urge to get sponge or foam for all my games. But, then again, I don't throw it out, either.
Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/22/2017, 10:47 AMI don't throw 'em away, but I never worried if a game had it or not when buying used games.
These two quotes, for me, exemplify the difference between collectardism and gamers just having shit.

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 08/22/2017, 01:36 PMAn LE with a crappy statue, but no physical copy of the game? Fuck that.
Yeah, that's just plain silly.  Don't give me fake physical releases that're essentially nothing but a box for a download code.

DildoKKKobold

I can't believe no one has mentioned spine cards. Once the game is opened, there is really no decent place to store them, aside from shoving them awkwardly in the manual. Unlike TG16 boxes, which *at least* look good on the shelf, they don't really add extra art, or anything of interesting value to a game. Its a friggin' piece of paper with the game name and manufacturer on it. Honestly, I prefer my games come with pre-lost spine cards. Getting a spine card in a game is like getting an ugly sweater from Grandma at Christmas, you can't throw it away, but you hate keeping it.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 08/22/2017, 07:39 PMI can't believe no one has mentioned spine cards. Once the game is opened, there is really no decent place to store them, aside from shoving them awkwardly in the manual. Unlike TG16 boxes, which *at least* look good on the shelf, they don't really add extra art, or anything of interesting value to a game. Its a friggin' piece of paper with the game name and manufacturer on it. Honestly, I prefer my games come with pre-lost spine cards. Getting a spine card in a game is like getting an ugly sweater from Grandma at Christmas, you can't throw it away, but you hate keeping it.
Same as you here. If there's ever been a more useless addition to a game, it's a spine card.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2017, 08:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/22/2017, 07:39 PMI can't believe no one has mentioned spine cards. Once the game is opened, there is really no decent place to store them, aside from shoving them awkwardly in the manual. Unlike TG16 boxes, which *at least* look good on the shelf, they don't really add extra art, or anything of interesting value to a game. Its a friggin' piece of paper with the game name and manufacturer on it. Honestly, I prefer my games come with pre-lost spine cards. Getting a spine card in a game is like getting an ugly sweater from Grandma at Christmas, you can't throw it away, but you hate keeping it.
Same as you here. If there's ever been a more useless addition to a game, it's a spine card.
A spine card can be (but for PCE, it rarely if ever occurred) an opportunity to add something neat/kool.

So, in principal, it's not a bad thing (quite the opposite--I **love** the idea of getting UPC code off the actual product...but, then again, I care too much about the aesthetics of pop culture media products).

TO PROVE MY POINT, this is what the obi/spine card for Zeroigar should have looked like:

IMG

TheClash603

Are there any examples of spine cards that actually look cool, rather than examples of spine cards that should've looked cool?

The only spine cards I collectarded over were LA, for some unknown reason.  I don't think I have many at all for my other systems and the ones I do have, I maybe have looked at for a fraction of a second, so I don't recall if any had anything nice to look at.

NecroPhile

Spine cards are another thing I keep if it has it but don't look for when buying.  I stuff 'em in the manual (they're no more 'awkward' than the registration card and other loose notices and adverts sometimes found in manuals), but some people put 'em behind the disc tray to get 'em out of the way.  Don't forget to check back there when you buy a game - there might be a surprise!

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/23/2017, 07:44 AMAre there any examples of spine cards that actually look cool, rather than examples of spine cards that should've looked cool?
Spine cards for many games were a way to extend the art all the way to the border of the package on some games.  I don't see it as regularly on PCE stuff, but lots of Mega CDs used this kind of trick, like Dennin Aleste:

Dennin-Aleste-cover.webp

I also see it regularly on audio CDs, as it is a neat way to get the consumers attention I'm guessing.  Here is a random example of some from my own collection (did a random Flickr search), the 2 on the left do not have obis, the others do.

IMG

Personally, I love getting spine cards with games as I think it's a cool little thing to go with the package, but I will not cry into my cheerios if it's missing.  Like NecroPhile said they are easy enough to stick in the manual if you want to go that route. 

I actually picked up a bundle of poly-bags from Japan for single and double-CD cases so that I can put them in the bag and display them that way.  It adds like no bulk to the package and the obi just stays in the bag when I pull it out to play, then slides back around when I put the game away to go on the shelf again. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NoSexGex

Whenever I find boxed TG16 games, there's a good chance the box has french writing on it (bilingual Canada thing). Doesn't matter how sparkly new it is, or even if the games any good; people want nothing to do with it. I can't trade them for the life of me
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

seieienbu

Linda^3 has the best spine card that I've seen from PC Engine.  I never cared an iota about spine cards but I didn't want to throw them away so I would tuck them in the manual or behind the cd tray.  A couple of years ago I traded a few spine cards for a couple of PC Engine games, so, I feel like I won out on that one.

I started throwing my boxes away, like, immediately.  I didn't keep the packaging because why would I?  The jewel cases were so nice and convenient that I didn't care about the cardboard.  Jokes on me now that the cardboard is worth more than the rest of the game, but whatever.  The only old box I still have was Drop Off.  I was so disappointed with the game I put it back in its box and don't recall playing it again for 20 years.  I've picked up a few with boxes over the past couple of years and they all have the styrofoam but I'm not exactly going out of my way looking for boxes.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2017, 02:24 AMWhenever I find boxed TG16 games, there's a good chance the box has french writing on it (bilingual Canada thing). Doesn't matter how sparkly new it is, or even if the games any good; people want nothing to do with it. I can't trade them for the life of me
I want all the French boxes.

SRSLY.

:)

NoSexGex

Quote from: esteban on 09/01/2017, 07:29 PMI want all the French boxes.

SRSLY.

It's all the earlier released TG16 boxes too i've noticed. I've seen the later released games (TTI) get lazy and just add a french insert, instead of redesigning the manual/box. At least that was the case for darkwing duck.

Or how about a black and white Bonk 3 manual?? Yeah! Apparently this photocopied rental store lookin manual was what Canadians got buying Bonk 3. TTI really saved the best for last with this one
IMG
Only picture I had, sent my buddy a text for a better picture. So i'll edit when he send a clearer pic.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/23/2017, 02:29 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/23/2017, 07:44 AMAre there any examples of spine cards that actually look cool, rather than examples of spine cards that should've looked cool?
Spine cards for many games were a way to extend the art all the way to the border of the package on some games.

Personally, I love getting spine cards with games as I think it's a cool little thing to go with the package, but I will not cry into my cheerios if it's missing.  Like NecroPhile said they are easy enough to stick in the manual if you want to go that route. 
Yes, I concur--spine cards that extend the art or "add" to the visual presentation are quite neat.

I also think that "boring" spine cards are totally OK if silly/ugly/marketing crap resides **only** on the spine card **instead** of living permanently on the actual cover/tray insert. 

So... spine cards have a purpose in this universe.

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 02:00 AM

SRSLY.

It's all the earlier released TG16 boxes too i've noticed. I've seen the later released games (TTI) get lazy and just add a french insert, instead of redesigning the manual/box. At least that was the case for darkwing duck.

Or how about a black and white Bonk 3 manual?? Yeah! Apparently this photocopied rental store lookin manual was what Canadians got buying Bonk 3. TTI really saved the best for last with this one
IMG
Only picture I had, sent my buddy a text for a better picture. So i'll edit when he send a clearer pic.
Yes! I am intrigued by that manual...it seems like TTi was providing the minimum required by law (understandable)...but I can't help but feel that folks up North felt slightly less loved...

POOR CANADA...

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2017, 02:00 AM

SRSLY.

IMG
It is black and white, but on a paper similar to the Dragon Slayer map.  It isn't blurry like a photocopy.   I remember when I opened mine up and saw that, I went back to the store (Radio Shack) and asked to exchange because the 'manual was missing', but they didn't have any more...

esteban

I have a Dungeon Explorer II manual from tzd.com (the real turbozonedirect) that is a "photocopy" (I have to look at it again)... I think the last batch of copies tzd.com (original) sold were like this....and I was warned in advance.

BUT, you are talking about a retail store back in the day... that's a different experience :)

**THE SHACK IS BACK**

(did radio shack have that campaign in Canada?)

LostFlunky

Quote from: esteban on 09/03/2017, 08:12 AM**THE SHACK IS BACK**

Don't remember it - it hasn't been Radio Shack for quite a while - they were bought out by Circuit City, and renamed "The Source by Circuit City", then when CC went tits up, they were bought by Bell Canada and are just called "The Source" now.  They sell most of the same stuff as before, but are very aggressive with the cell phone sales.  No matter what you ask about, Wii games, HDMI adapter, soldering iron, batteries, bluetooth speakers - they will start talking about cell phone plans.

esteban

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/03/2017, 11:24 AM
Quote from: esteban on 09/03/2017, 08:12 AM**THE SHACK IS BACK**

Don't remember it - it hasn't been Radio Shack for quite a while - they were bought out by Circuit City, and renamed "The Source by Circuit City", then when CC went tits up, they were bought by Bell Canada and are just called "The Source" now.  They sell most of the same stuff as before, but are very aggressive with the cell phone sales.  No matter what you ask about, Wii games, HDMI adapter, soldering iron, batteries, bluetooth speakers - they will start talking about cell phone plans.
Ha!

I guess "The Shack is Back" was only in the States. It was a very sad attempt to rebrand/revitalize a dying retailer who, not surprisingly, was following a strategy similar to "The Source" (pushing phones).

Even if they were owned by different corporate entities, Radio Shack devolved to similar retail tactics.

CrackTiger

Radio Shack in Canada was never affiliated with RS in the U.S.

They only licensed the name and did whatever they wanted, which is why we never had the kind of selection of the stuff RS is known for down there.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/03/2017, 01:08 PMRadio Shack in Canada was never affiliated with RS in the U.S.

They only licensed the name and did whatever they wanted, which is why we never had the kind of selection of the stuff RS is known for down there.
Ha! That would also explain why I never saw any TG-16 stuff in Radio Shack.

Unless, of course, I was just unlucky and passed over it.

seieienbu

I never saw any either.  I went to Radio Shack as a kid with my father who would need to buy electric components.  Some years passed and I needed some capacitors, so I went to a Radio Shack nearby and as far as I could tell all they had was cellphones and extended warranties.  I guess people don't fix electronics as much as they used to but either way I could tell that the store had gone pretty far downhill.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/03/2017, 02:11 PMI never saw any either.  I went to Radio Shack as a kid with my father who would need to buy electric components.  Some years passed and I needed some capacitors, so I went to a Radio Shack nearby and as far as I could tell all they had was cellphones and extended warranties.  I guess people don't fix electronics as much as they used to but either way I could tell that the store had gone pretty far downhill.
The old RS catalogs used to have everything in there... pages and pages of everything... it's where I learned what an LED was! ha! I used to read the whole damn catalog over and over. The "updated" catalogs were 99% the same...year-over-year...

HOLY SHIT HOW DID WE SPEND THIS MUCH TIME TALKING ABOUT RADIO SHACK.

Motherfucking shit!

esteban

I almost forgot about this:

IMG 

Classic Realistic poop stereo (I say this because it ate a cassette of mine around 20 years ago) that is at my father-in-law's house. It still plays records...not the greatest, but it sounds decent enough.

I PLAY CARE BEARS LP from when my wife was a little kid to torture my 13 year old.

LOUD CARE BEARS = sonic torture

NoSexGex

Just got the pictures of the French CDN Bonk 3 manual. Doesn't look too bad tbh, like Lost Monkey said it's very similar to how the Dragon Slayer map feels.

IMG
IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2017, 11:15 PMJust got the pictures of the French CDN Bonk 3 manual. Doesn't look too bad tbh, like Lost Monkey said it's very similar to how the Dragon Slayer map feels.

IMG
IMG
Wow, that actually looks pretty nice!

The layout, the nice, large graphics and screenshots... I like it.