@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Dragon slayer US map

Started by Keith Courage, 08/23/2017, 06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Courage

Hey, I was wondering if any knew if there were any repros made of this map and or how to tell if you have an original one or not.

I have the original game with manual and a map but the map almost looks to be in too good of condition. The paper doesn't feel super glossy like photo paper or anything like that and it does have some fraying.

CrackTiger

Lots of repros of maps and misc docs from Turbo games going around. A couple members here got busted selling incomplete games with fake parts at premium prices.

The edges usually don't line up right and you'll see some white in places. The real one folds with creases almost like cardboard. Some of the repro maps being people buy as real actually have "repro" printed on them.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keith Courage

thank you for reminding me that it should feel more like cardboard. After you mentioned that I remember what it was like having my original when I was a kid.

this one that I have on hand is definitely a Repro since it feels a little more like paper than cardboard. This doesn't bother me at all because I didn't pay extra for it or anything. it's just good to know so that way if I do decide to sell this game in the future I can inform the buyer that the map is a Repro.

ToyMachine78

I'm not sure about that... I have my original DS with original map. It feels nothing like cardboard. It feels like glossy poster paper. Here's pics

IMG
IMG
IMG

Sparky

I did a repro of that map for a few members here but I made sure I put it was a repro on in. It was not super big lettering but could be spotted easily. Like Zero said above the original is a paper, not super glossy but good poster paper.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/23/2017, 10:46 PMThe repro map is slightly smaller than the original.  I forget the dimensions, though.  Maybe toymachine and Keith should break out the tape measures and compare... maps?
Mine is pretty much 35×24cm +- a mm because of end of tape measure.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

ToyMachine78

Also pretty much same size as CD book/manual folded.

IMG

CrackTiger

It's not that their like cardboard so much as the creases seemed to be scored by a machine and the material is some kind of card stock that feels much different than the repros made by color copiers on copier paper and then folded by hand. The difference in look and feel is similar to how PCEWorks productions have a different finish and are made from different materials that all look and feel different from real Turbo/PCE games.

Even when worn, the Turbo Dragon Slayer map in stiff and thick and has real heft and the same professional finish is on the back side.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keith Courage

hah, no need for me to measure it. I just looked over the map again and found a place where it says that is it a repro. Never noticed it before because it's so small. The exact wording is "Not Official. This is only a copy 2010"

NoSexGex

I had a fake one a couple weeks ago actually, now sure who did it though. No reproduction was print on it at all
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Sparky

Quote from: Keith Courage on 08/24/2017, 12:50 AMhah, no need for me to measure it. I just looked over the map again and found a place where it says that is it a repro. Never noticed it before because it's so small. The exact wording is "Not Official. This is only a copy 2010"
That would be one of mine, damn that's not cool not being told it's a repro as the person who bought it from me for the big $2 should be passing that info on. Sorry I meant well making these for peeps, luckily I only made a small amount.

Digi.k

yes the map that I have doesn't feel like cardboard but the paper quality is much thicker than standard 80gsm paper that is used for printing.  It's also larger than A4