RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

A 100$ fucking SNES SF2 repro

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 08/30/2017, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Killjoyy027

I like how the warning says this might cause you SNES to burn or catch fire. What a great advertisement...

bartre

Quote from: Killjoyy027 on 08/30/2017, 09:19 PMI like how the warning says this might cause you SNES to burn or catch fire. What a great advertisement...
https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

but it has "Retro Pack-In Surprises"
 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

o.pwuaioc

Has anyone actually bought this? Besides the braindead collectards, of course.

TheClash603

It's limited, so you better get it before they run out of the limit.

BigusSchmuck

Arkhan Asylum

I hope his SNES ignites and flies straight into his dick
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 08/31/2017, 12:43 AMRGT85 did lol.
Who the hell is this sorry excuse for an mouth breather and why does he have almost 50,000 subscribers??? I'm gonna go find a rock to crawl under and weep, for this world is beyond hope.

SignOfZeta

Man, of all the fucking games to reissue...even in today's idiotic Retro bubble this thing can be had for $6.

Of course I'm dying to see the guts.

If this keeps going to the point where original labels start issuing real carts again I'm %100 A-OK with that but at the moment it kinda feels like the dream of the Retro VGS has been borrowed.
IMG

crazydean

You guys are all looking at it the wrong way. This is a good thing. If a collector idiot spends $100 on this shit, that's $100 he doesn't have to spend on real turbo games.

The market will crash, people, and Capcom is here to help.

Johnpv

Quote from: Mishran on 08/31/2017, 02:24 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 08/31/2017, 12:43 AMRGT85 did lol.
Who the hell is this sorry excuse for an mouth breather and why does he have almost 50,000 subscribers??? I'm gonna go find a rock to crawl under and weep, for this world is beyond hope.
Youtube has pushed some of his videos on me, and they're all half assed poorly shot.  I do NOT get how he has 50,000 subscribers.  People making deals with Satan for youtube followers or some shit.   

Ohh and this thing is fucking stupid, you can go into any retro game store and find a shit ton of copies of this in good condition for 20 - 30 bucks, and they won't set your console on fire.

I could ALMOST see this if it was some updated version with new characters or some crazy shit like that, but this is just stupid.

NecroPhile

Agreed, this is maybe the stupidest game to repro.  I can see paying good money (though $100 is ridiculous) for a repro of a previously unreleased game or a nicely translated RPG, but SFII?!?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

And Capcom/iamderpbit think there is $500,000 worth of money in it. LOL.

Psycho Punch

The many posts I've made over the years here wishing that companies reissued their games just flashed before my eyes. THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT DAMMIT
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

CrackTiger

This much worse than Capcom or another classic publisher doing this. It's just another one of these collectard industry companies which makes some extra garbage to repackage goods with, so they can sell it as limited collectors editions.

The fact that Capcom is willing to accept a licensing fee from a bootlegger who is admittedly using parts that they believe will fry your console and burn down your house is what's troubling. Because Capcom will be making much more profit from this than if they were to physically publish an old cart game themselves. If they get paid upfront, then it doesn't matter if this is successful or not, it's going to get every bootlegger and indy publisher applying to license the rights to all kinds of old games and retail them for more than CIB copies currently sell for.

It's easy money for owners of old catalogs that they don't give a shit about.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

xcrement5x

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/31/2017, 11:53 AMThis much worse than Capcom or another classic publisher doing this. It's just another one of these collectard industry companies which makes some extra garbage to repackage goods with, so they can sell it as limited collectors editions.

The fact that Capcom is willing to accept a licensing fee from a bootlegger who is admittedly using parts that they believe will fry your console and burn down your house is what's troubling. Because Capcom will be making much more profit from this than if they were to physically publish an old cart game themselves. If they get paid upfront, then it doesn't matter if this is successful or not, it's going to get every bootlegger and indy publisher applying to license the rights to all kinds of old games and retail them for more than CIB copies currently sell for.

It's easy money for owners of old catalogs that they don't give a shit about.
If they actually license it.  Piko Interactive has had some luck getting older IPs licensed but having the company still around makes it a lot easier.  Look at stuff like  older JP groups that go out of business, get sold to another holder, which goes out of business and who knows where the IP still lives. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SignOfZeta

This is how a lot of weird records get issued. Like, a 45RPM pressing of Peter Gabriel's So with no cover art limited to 500 copies or that surprisingly great audiophile LP version of the Bulitt OST that came out a few years ago. Some companies exist just to reproduce something in different form...which, again, I'm totally fine with it done in a certain way but I don't think this is that.
IMG

seieienbu

I think this is mostly something that won't make Capcom much money and is just a thing they think is fun to do for the 30th anniversary.  I wouldn't buy it as my old copy is good enough but I personally know a couple of guys already who have already bought it.

As for the youtube idiot?  I am 100% convinced that he bought subs and views.  He's a rumor regurgitator and has a mediocre collection that he stands in front of.  I watched two more of his relatively more popular videos and I don't think that I need to see more.  "I got a Sega Holy Grail!  It's a CDX!"  "I think I'm going for a 32X Complete Set.  I'll do cart only.  I just picked up MK2 and WWF."  I just don't see how anything this guy says is interesting enough to warrant the views/subs.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Medic_wheat

Saw this yesterday in my email feed.

It sounds. Different?

However it may cause damage when used or a fire?  And they blame a 30 year old system?

This really isn't for me based on MSRP, potential for damaging my property, and SF II? Not turbo or any other SNES revision of the game but the slow first one that isn't very good?

csgx1

I'm a huge Street Fighter II fan, but no way I would buy this for any price.   $100 for snes SFII World Warrior repro is insane.  Definitely made specifically for collectards.

Bought the original snes SFII for $80 when released and played the shit out of it until CE/Turbo/SE versions were released.  I can't remember the last time I've played snes SFII World Warrior, but I've never had the urge to play it after better SFII versions/ports came out.

SignOfZeta

Yeah, there's a reason this is a one yen game. They made millions and they made two better sequels that also sold millions.
IMG

TR0N

It's price is a joke but really they picked it over for SFII turbo or even SFII Super !? Id rather play those versions instead then the slow ass of the original SFII.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NoSexGex

"make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby"

Yeaah ok :lol:
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

NecroPhile

At $100 you'd think they could afford to use the right gear.

NoSexGex

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/31/2017, 04:22 PMAt $100 you'd think they could afford to use the right gear.
Yeah like a fire extinguisher so I don't loose my house playing Street Fighter
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

NoSexGex

Maybe that's on its way next, Capcom can't surprise me anymore

xcrement5x

Quote from: NoSexGex on 08/31/2017, 04:35 PMMaybe that's on its way next, Capcom can't surprise me anymore
Lol, that's the LE.  It comes bundles with a mini-extinguisher to put out errant hadoukens as well.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

So an extinguisher instead of an energy drink.

To take the place of the rubber stake dildo, I'm hoping it comes (so to speak) with a Chun Li fleshlight.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/31/2017, 05:41 PMTo take the place of the rubber stake dildo, I'm hoping it comes (so to speak) with a Chun Li fleshlight.
Sign me up for this raffle ^^
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

CrackTiger

Nothing will top the Virtual Cushion ass vibrator when it comes to random fighting game accessories.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Groover

This has been bugging me all day. Why pay $100 on a repro cart. This is a very common game. Also I would rather play Turbp. Why not have a 30th anniversary Street Fighter release like Fighting Street for $20 or less. I also have my original copy. I think please that want this are just willing to buy anything.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Or better yet some sort of re-make newly sported SF whatever iteration game made for SNES hardware with crazy memory on a physical cart for the SNES.

Liven it up.

I'd be throwing fire retardant money so fast.

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/31/2017, 11:17 PMOr better yet some sort of re-make newly sported SF whatever iteration game made for SNES hardware with crazy memory on a physical cart for the SNES.

Liven it up.

I'd be throwing fire retardant money so fast.
Id take the rainbow edition of SFII on a snes  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

I ordered 5 because I hope to be lucky enough to get the *glow-in-the-dark* version!

The glow-in-the-dark copies will be randomly mixed...

I wanted to order 10 copies but my credit card was declined due to "transaction cannot be processed due to purchaser being a complete and utter fuckwad"...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

TheClash603

I've been working hard since I got my first job 20 years ago to try to enjoy life a little and I find out today it is this easy to make half a million dollars?  I've been going at life all wrong.

Blood Red Mortal Kombat for Genesis preorders will open up in a separate thread soon.

o.pwuaioc

Someone pointed out that they're the same board, meaning they probably just bought up a bunch of SFII carts online and threw away the shell...

Johnpv

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/31/2017, 01:02 PMThis is how a lot of weird records get issued. Like, a 45RPM pressing of Peter Gabriel's So with no cover art limited to 500 copies or that surprisingly great audiophile LP version of the Bulitt OST that came out a few years ago. Some companies exist just to reproduce something in different form...which, again, I'm totally fine with it done in a certain way but I don't think this is that.
I honestly think something like this for certain classic titles or harder to find titles would be great. Though it definitely needs to be done right, at a proper price, and you know not risking blowing up your system.  Like do this for Demon's Crest for 60 bucks, or a legit from Konami repressing of Rondo of Blood, I would be all for it.  100 bucks for a common as fuck cart that isn't even made right, WTF at that. 

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2017, 08:35 AMSomeone pointed out that they're the same board, meaning they probably just bought up a bunch of SFII carts online and threw away the shell...
Delicious!

sirhcman

bob

TelcoSurveyor

My shelf candy portfolio doesn't contain any of these retro gaming investments. I just don't know how to retro properly.
I'm the Wind, Baby!

bob

Quote from: TelcoSurveyor on 09/01/2017, 10:25 AMMy shelf candy portfolio doesn't contain any of these retro gaming investments. I just don't know how to retro properly.
You need to diversify.  I hope your portfolio is split with heavy weight on short term investments (items to flip/immediate income) vs. long term futures (speculation).  Don't get fooled with extra items being a slice of your futures pie.  When black monday hits this market (and it will), being rich today "on paper" is just going to dilute you later.

That's how you retro

csgx1

Back in the mid '90s Babbages had brand new SFII World Warrior snes on clearance for $1.99.  I remember the store had boxes of them on the floor underneath the bargain bin.  No one wanted them then and I don't think anyone really cares about World Warrior now.

All this retro/classic collector repro bs is really getting out of hand. 

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2017, 08:35 AMSomeone pointed out that they're the same board, meaning they probably just bought up a bunch of SFII carts online and threw away the shell...
Wait, they're actually are re-using old SF2 games for this shit?!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

LostFlunky

Quote from: seieienbu on 09/01/2017, 01:35 PM
Seems really unlikely - 100 maybe - but 5000?  I hope to fuck it is true, but I don't think so...

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/01/2017, 02:01 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 09/01/2017, 01:35 PM
Seems really unlikely - 100 maybe - but 5000?  I hope to fuck it is true, but I don't think so...
Could be a mock up instead of the actual product.

nopepper

I am actually surprised at how long it took to sell out.

I think it's only a matter of time until bigger companies start to capitalize on the second hand market. In this case, the game being re-issued is one of the most common and cheap originals, and it still found an audience, so imagine the money to be made when companies start re-releasing games that are fetching high prices, either due to scarcity or demand.

With that said, I wouldn't even pay $10 to add this cartridge to my curated collection, let alone ten times that. But if Sega were to re-release Elemental Master (given they own the IP), or Capcom the original Mega Man for say, $50 MSRP, I would definitely consider it.

DragonmasterDan

This isn't like Jaleco or whomever currently holds their IP rights licensing out some company to make collection multi-carts of their games. This is a single overpriced release. Just ridiculous
--DragonmasterDan