@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

WTB: Magical Chase Manual

Started by sonikthehedgehog, 11/06/2017, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSexGex

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-Manual-Only-TurboGrafx-16-1993/253257134946?epid=56252959&hash=item3af74d3362:g:yoMAAOSwhVxaCbYY

Christmas came early?? If the seller goes outside eBay and accepts a lower bid, maybe he'll accept something closer to your offer. I kind of like the rental stamp on it lol, kind of want it. But a starting bid of 2K just for the manual is ludicrous. Even if it is OBO
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

sonikthehedgehog

Ha, saw that. That stamp is all charm.

OldRover

Quote from: sonikthehedgehog...various things...
Couple of protips for ya, friend...

1. In general, anything regarding MC is gonna raise ire. Everyone knows that it's overpriced tosh.
2. Talking about how much money you have to throw at something is gonna raise more ire. People willing to throw a shitload of cash at something only encourages the current trend of bullshit price gouging. In essence, you are contributing to the problem. Laying it bare on the forum like this ain't gonna do ya no favors, and veteran forumites like Necromancer are gonna call ya out for it.

This place isn't toxic, it just has an extremely low tolerance for shitty price inflation, and anyone contributing to this greedy trend isn't going to be very welcomed here. People here care more about playing the games than about collecting them as trophies. If you just want to collect then fine, but you're not likely to find many accepting forumites here with that kind of mindset.

Just sayin'.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NecroPhile

Quote from: sonikthehedgehog on 11/13/2017, 10:02 PMYeah you know me. My 52 posts really paint the picture of a guy that needs to be told to fuck right the fuck off. I made a for trade post when I first joined and that was a big no no. Then I tried to participate in some threads but was turned away by the negativity. Go check out my my posts from 2012-13 just a terrible  guy all around on these forums.
Now, now, there's no need to lie;  there wasn't any real negativity until you tried to sell a bunch of uncommon games for well above sold ebay averages.  Even in your opening "no no" trade post, nobody attacked you for the post or had anything negative to say other than you not responding to PMs, and that's hardly an unwarranted attack (or even much of an attack at all).

If you don't understand why anyone would mind you spending years buying stuff off the forum for presumably less than ebay prices and then trying to get max dollar when you have something to sell yourself, we can't help you.  You've been blinded by your selfish greed.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

sonikthehedgehog

Quote from: The Old Rover on 11/14/2017, 01:01 AM
Quote from: sonikthehedgehog...various things...
Couple of protips for ya, friend...
Hey, I actually get what you are saying and I have no problem with how you put it.

I like to play games. I get together with friends and we either play something from my collection (even if it's rare or expensive) or play pinball (which honestly has taken over in terms of what I enjoy playing at my house) Me and my best friend for the last 6 years have been going through every NES game I have alphabetically and playing them (Some Games for much longer than others.)

I have some everdrives but I prefer to play physical copies. I mean we've all had roms on our computers back in the day but just preferred to have physical copies. 

When I got into collecting heavily everything was cheap so I was never in it for the money and my collecting slowed as prices climbed. I have just accepted that as time has gone on so have the prices and there are a couple things I just want to finish up. So, the question is Do I wait and hope prices go down or because I have the means right now do I finish my set? I've chosen to finish my set. Who knows when/if prices will go down.

So, when you are looking for something that doesn't pop up every day you kind of hit up every avenue you can. I can understand how this rubs people the wrong way.

Also, in regards to the for sale post from 3 or 4 years ago... As I said then I was doing it for a friend. This was a guy whose Father in Law was a hoarder (Mostly all video games) and had died. The mom was in a house that was in rough shape due to the hoarding. They needed money for the mother in law to fix up the house because obviously the Father in Law has spent most of their money on his hoarding (also, boarded tons of glassware) This guy was trying to sell all of these games for about 2k on Craigslist. I'm sure this will keep your torches lit but I offered to tell him the value of everything and help him sell it and not take advantage of him (so selfish) He had no idea what he had. I did not take a cut of any money he made. He did let me have some games (That I told him the value of at the time) for helping him out. I listed his stuff up on the forums and he collected payment and shipped. Everything from those original forum posts was sold. We made his Mother in Law the money she needed to fix up her house and get back on her feet and I felt pretty good about it. It honestly was just fun going through all the boxes as they kept cleaning out the house. I helped out someone and I made a friend.

It's funny because he had a Magical Chase Manual that I told him to sell on EBay and a Dynastic Hero that I also told him to sell on EBay (The last 2 things I needed). I should've offered to buy them but I was at a different point in my life.

So, I guess light those torches up. I won't continue to try to defend myself because it's honestly not worth it and you can believe my story or not... Just thought it would make for a good read. I'm sure some people are mad that I told the guy the value of his games but would it have been better to just buy everything up from him and lie? I probably could of made 50k off the guy but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did that to someone. I also could've walked out of his garage with that manual and he would've never known the difference. I won't speak for everyone but what would you guys do in that situation?

I will go and try to find the manual somewhere else and I'm cool with that. It's honestly not something I just have to have.

NecroPhile

Quote from: sonikthehedgehog on 11/14/2017, 12:25 PMAlso, in regards to the for sale post from 3 or 4 years ago... As I said then I was doing it for a friend. This was a guy whose Father in Law was a hoarder (Mostly all video games) and had died. The mom was in a house that was in rough shape due to the hoarding. They needed money for the mother in law to fix up the house because obviously the Father in Law has spent most of their money on his hoarding (also, boarded tons of glassware) This guy was trying to sell all of these games for about 2k on Craigslist. I'm sure this will keep your torches lit but I offered to tell him the value of everything and help him sell it and not take advantage of him (so selfish) He had no idea what he had. I did not take a cut of any money he made. He did let me have some games (That I told him the value of at the time) for helping him out. I listed his stuff up on the forums and he collected payment and shipped. Everything from those original forum posts was sold. We made his Mother in Law the money she needed to fix up her house and get back on her feet and I felt pretty good about it. It honestly was just fun going through all the boxes as they kept cleaning out the house. I helped out someone and I made a friend.
Every time someone gets shit after trying to take advantage of the forum, they come up with some sob story explaining why it's okay to gouge.  Whether it's true or not, your story isn't special and it doesn't excuse your actions.

Quote from: sonikthehedgehog on 11/14/2017, 12:25 PMI'm sure some people are mad that I told the guy the value of his games but would it have been better to just buy everything up from him and lie? I probably could of made 50k off the guy but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did that to someone. I also could've walked out of his garage with that manual and he would've never known the difference. I won't speak for everyone but what would you guys do in that situation?
You don't know this forum at all if you think any of us would've lied about those game's values, bought 'em cheap to flip, or stolen anything.  Personally, I would've suggested he sell each separately on ebay with good pics, accurate descriptions, and 99 cent starting prices.

sonikthehedgehog

Quote from: guest on 11/14/2017, 12:47 PMEvery time someone gets shit after trying to take advantage of the forum, they come up with some sob story explaining why it's okay to gouge.  Whether it's true or not, your story isn't special and it doesn't excuse your actions.
Ha, I really don't care who believes me on the story and at the time I didn't think I was gouging. As some people said some were high and some were low. I kept lowering prices as things didn't sell. 

Quote from: guest on 11/14/2017, 12:47 PMYou don't know this forum at all if you think any of us would've lied about those game's values, bought 'em cheap to flip, or stolen anything.  Personally, I would've suggested he sell each separately on ebay with good pics, accurate descriptions, and 99 cent starting prices.
Wasn't trying to call out the forum. Was honestly asking what someone else might do in that situation. (A fun hypothetical) As far as the Ebay thing goes he was awful at listing things. I thought it would be easier for him if I listed them in the forums and it was. Seriously his Ebay listings were all lower case titles and no descriptions. He was a bit older than me and had didn't have an Ebay account when we met,

SignOfZeta

My hope is that all the guys here who have $10,000 collections manage to leave them all to the same scene and keep them off eBay forever. As has been mentioned, a lot of us bought these games at $50 or less new and could cash in big time at any minute but have held off. I'd like to hold off until the market collapses completely and everything is worthless like it was before.

Cash Ruins Everything Around Me. It certainly doesn't help this forum. The more valuable the games get the more carpetbagger scum show up circling around us like basic cable vultures.

It would be a trivial thing to modify my will to including raffling off all my NEC shit to PCEFX forum goers with more than 5000 posts. Maybe we need a thread for that...granted, I sold most of my US stuff or traded it away back when the JP stuff was expensive so it's a bit easier for me to give it up but...I'll be fucking DEAD, and I'm not planning on making that transition for decades...
IMG

Sparky

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/14/2017, 08:53 PMMy hope is that all the guys here who have $10,000 collections manage to leave them all to the same scene and keep them off eBay forever. As has been mentioned, a lot of us bought these games at $50 or less new and could cash in big time at any minute but have held off. I'd like to hold off until the market collapses completely and everything is worthless like it was before.

Cash Ruins Everything Around Me. It certainly doesn't help this forum. The more valuable the games get the more carpetbagger scum show up circling around us like basic cable vultures.

It would be a trivial thing to modify my will to including raffling off all my NEC shit to PCEFX forum goers with more than 5000 posts. Maybe we need a thread for that...granted, I sold most of my US stuff or traded it away back when the JP stuff was expensive so it's a bit easier for me to give it up but...I'll be fucking DEAD, and I'm not planning on making that transition for decades...
I am with ya zeta, I do hope the market collapses and watch the cold sweats start on the big spenders and gougers. I might not play my stuff as often as I would like but I appreciate what I have and see value in the fond kid memories of always wanting this system, seeing ads in flyers and cutting them out like playboy centerfolds :P and now owning pretty much all I ever wanted in the TG16 wet dream aisle. When I die I will leave it all to my kids and I want you all to come to cover my coffin in sparky labels and send me off proper :).

OldRover

I was kind of hoping that the influx of repros would drive values down but it didn't seem to help at all.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

ClodBusted

Quote from: sonikthehedgehog on 11/14/2017, 04:11 PMHa, I really don't care who believes me on the story
Makes no sense since you write posts that are too long to read.

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 11/13/2017, 10:44 PMhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-Manual-Only-TurboGrafx-16-1993/253257134946?epid=56252959&hash=item3af74d3362:g:yoMAAOSwhVxaCbYY

Christmas came early?? If the seller goes outside eBay and accepts a lower bid, maybe he'll accept something closer to your offer. I kind of like the rental stamp on it lol, kind of want it. But a starting bid of 2K just for the manual is ludicrous. Even if it is OBO
I saw that same manual a year ago for $800 at a retro game show.  Some time later, I saw a guy make his "haul" post on a facebook group including that manual and a bunch of other stuff.  This manual is kinda fun because you can track it to some degree.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

OldTurboBastard

OP has nothing at all to be ashamed of. The market is the market. I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know by saying the supply is low for these late run games and there are people out there that want them.....which means the price goes up to these ridiculous amounts. Mind you no way in hell i'd ever pay these amounts but low supply + demand = $$$$. Why should games be any different?

Do coin collectors get this much flack for not spending their mint rare 1943 pennies at face value?
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

turboswimbz

Quote from: OldTurboBastard on 01/28/2018, 09:37 PMOP has nothing at all to be ashamed of. The market is the market. I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know by saying the supply is low for these late run games and there are people out there that want them.....which means the price goes up to these ridiculous amounts. Mind you no way in hell i'd ever pay these amounts but low supply + demand = $$$$. Why should games be any different?

Do coin collectors get this much flack for not spending their mint rare 1943 pennies at face value?
If a collector walked into a pawn shop and asked for a double eagle out of the blue, for 10-20% off market value, they would get a ton of shit.  Over the years this has happened here repeatedly to people who don't care much other than to make money or earn shelf candy.  You've been here long enough to see one or two I'm sure. 

I'm not saying the OP did anything wrong per say,  but when you are looking for the rarest of items, know there is only a small chance anyone has one, and aren't an active member other than to buy/see/trade, people here are going to say something about it.  probably a bit unfair at times, but justified most of the time.

No one is saying that supply and demand aren't affecting the price or that the price is wrong, just that most of us, like you, won't pay it.  (Although I would argue there are more MC than some other late games out there and that the supply is somewhat exaggerated by E-bay and the internet culture of youtube/twitch/amazon/ etc.)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

tbone3969

Holy shit.  $1,800 for a manual with a rental stamp on it.  Cray, Cray......
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

NecroPhile

Quote from: OldTurboBastard on 01/28/2018, 09:37 PMOP has nothing at all to be ashamed of. The market is the market. I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know by saying the supply is low for these late run games and there are people out there that want them.....which means the price goes up to these ridiculous amounts. Mind you no way in hell i'd ever pay these amounts but low supply + demand = $$$$. Why should games be any different?

You must have reading comprehension problems.

Nobody really gives a fuck about OP paying "market value" for the manual; the ire comes from him trying to buy for LESS than current "market value" but when he has something to sell he wants MORE.  It has been (and always will be) about him being a greedy leech that only cares about himself and giving zero fucks for the community.

Gypsy

Cool bump.

Quote from: guest on 01/29/2018, 11:16 AM

You must have reading comprehension problems.

Nobody really gives a fuck about OP paying "market value" for the manual; the ire comes from him trying to buy for LESS than current "market value" but when he has something to sell he wants MORE.  It has been (and always will be) about him being a greedy leech that only cares about himself and giving zero fucks for the community.
His last posts were in this thread, lol.

wildfruit

turboswimbz

Quote from: wildfruit on 01/29/2018, 12:51 PMIs this raffle still on?
Yes entrance fee is 1 human soul. does not need to be yours.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

VestCunt

Threads like this are why I love PCEFX.
Thanks to the obligatory bump from the 40-year-old, white, video gamer that believes the free market can do no wrong and totally missed the point. I might have missed this topic!
Topic Adjourned.

seieienbu

Quote from: OldTurboBastard on 01/28/2018, 09:37 PMDo coin collectors get this much flack for not spending their mint rare 1943 pennies at face value?
Do coin collectors get flack for going on random forums and trying to buy mint rare 1943 pennies for 60% off the "market" price?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ClodBusted

I'd like to buy 100 dollars at the price of 60 dollars, please.

NecroPhile

Quote from: VestCunt on 01/29/2018, 04:59 PMThreads like this are why I love PCEFX.
Thanks to the obligatory bump from the 40-year-old, white, video gamer that believes the free market can do no wrong and totally missed the point. I might have missed this topic!
And posts like this are why I love vesty.

NoSexGex

I'm surprised Sonik hasn't made a deal with the guy who has his manual posted on eBay. They're both NA users and seem pretty likeminded. Surely by now the seller has come to the conclusion that his BIN price isn't realistic. It's been almost 2 months now I think? Or maybe he's waiting for tax season or something. I've had NA sellers in the past tell me they'll wait until this time of year to sell.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: NoSexGex on 01/31/2018, 06:14 PMI'm surprised Sonik hasn't made a deal with the guy who has his manual posted on eBay. They're both NA users and seem pretty likeminded. Surely by now the seller has come to the conclusion that his BIN price isn't realistic. It's been almost 2 months now I think? Or maybe he's waiting for tax season or something. I've had NA sellers in the past tell me they'll wait until this time of year to sell.
Lol, I have heard the same thing. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)