TurboGrafx-16 Collecting with Dad in the 90's

Started by iretrogamer, 11/23/2017, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iretrogamer

Hey guys! Some of you are aware of the series I produce, "My Retro Life", which uses old home movie clips of my collecting days in the 90s.
Well, the latest episode (link above) in the series is all on the TurboGrafx, and more specifically, tells the story of how I came to own and collect for my TurboDuo in 1995.

It is with great joy that I get to share these memories with you, the hardcore Turbo fans. Hope you enjoy!

IMG

turboswimbz

The old footage was great.  Enjoyed it.  I am so sad I missed the TZD days...

I'll even forgive you for the use of RET... :-# :lol: :lol:
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Psycho Punch

Legend of TOMANA? What's that?

Thanks for sharing the video with us, really appreciate it.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ginoscope

Great video thanks for sharing.  It was great seeing the unboxing footage.  Do you still own the same turbo duo?

NoSexGex

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/23/2017, 04:48 PMLegend of TOMANA?
I laughed at that too

It's amazing you still have this footage. You and your dad had such a strong appreciation for the system, it's quite enjoyable to see. Thanks for sharing
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

BigusSchmuck

That's really neat, makes me want to dig through my dad's old betamax collection to find me and my brother playing NES and Snes games. :)

Keith Courage

Great video, makes me miss my original dynastic hero that I sold like a dummy when I was in my early 20s.

Awww, who am I kidding. If I still owned dynastic hero I would sell it because I can't in my right mind own a game that's worth what it demands now days. I'd forever be worried about scratching the case or CD to where I would never touch the game and then it would just sit there never being played. So probably good I don't have it anymore. lol

ccovell

I've seen a few of your videos and they definitely are nostalgic -- makes me really wish I had taken photos (camcorders were above our budget) during my youth.

About 1994 or so (?), the Compucentre chain of shops was clearing out TurboDuos new for $99 CDN, so my friend and I picked up one each, such a good deal.  Great memories from that system as well.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ccovell on 11/24/2017, 10:55 PMI've seen a few of your videos and they definitely are nostalgic -- makes me really wish I had taken photos (camcorders were above our budget) during my youth.
Same.  Even now, I suck at camera usage despite having a phone with me most of the time.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jlued686

iretrogamer

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed the video and really do appreciate your kind words.

This whole series is a labor of love. It's awesome getting to share these great memories with you through the footage my Dad captured back in our game collecting days.

NecroPhile

Heh, fun video.  I love how your dad is so excited for the Turbob, and I love the parakeet in the background.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

parakeets and cockatiels are the quintessential 90s pet.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Thanks for sharing in the 90's,man the TG16/Turbo Duo was in a distant third sadly enough.Did you know back then dynastic hero was a re-skin of wonderboy in monster world ? Or did you find out later in life ?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

RNSpeed

What a great Video, Thanks for sharing!

Ex_Mosquito

Watched his earlier on my YouTube feed. Absolutely amazing video. That's really something to have such special times captured on  video, it's awesome that your dad was as enthusiastic as you. Great stuff!

esteban

Quote from: iretrogamer on 11/27/2017, 11:55 AMThanks guys! Glad you enjoyed the video and really do appreciate your kind words.

This whole series is a labor of love. It's awesome getting to share these great memories with you through the footage my Dad captured back in our game collecting days.
I have watched (and commented) on your first handful of videos, but I need to catch up with this TG-16 one (and possibly the one prior to it?)...

Hopefully I'll have a chance to watch it soon!

Reading all the comments here have heightened the anticipation.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

iretrogamer

Quote from: esteban on 12/08/2017, 05:34 PM
Quote from: iretrogamer on 11/27/2017, 11:55 AMThanks guys! Glad you enjoyed the video and really do appreciate your kind words.

I have watched (and commented) on your first handful of videos, but I need to catch up with this TG-16 one (and possibly the one prior to it?)...

Hopefully I'll have a chance to watch it soon!

Reading all the comments here have heightened the anticipation.

:)
I hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks again everyone for watching and commenting.

exodus

oh my goodness, this is so The 90s I can feel my childhood. Like... I knew versions of all these dudes

also my dad loved military madness too!

jordan_hillman

Wow! This video damn near brought tears to my eyes. That is so awesome that you and your dad got to enjoy collecting so many video games together.   :D
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Warbucks

Purple1308