The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

MGC 2018 + TurboFest is a go!!

Started by JoshTurboTrollX, 12/27/2017, 06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

Wanted to just create a separate/new thread just for this announcement for the obeyers that gather in Milwaukee this upcoming MGC! 

We'll have a TurboFest room!! 

IT WILL BE BIGGER THAN WE'VE HAD IN THE PAST!!

IT WILL BE MUCH LARGER!!!

Like, we will probably be doubled in size! O_O

So, a few things. We'll  need people to bring in their consoles and possibly a few TVs.  I can also set up the projectors like we've done in the past, but I'm unsure as to how much space we'll actually have so just getting a list of things ready and removing or adding from there would be good.

So......
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

Joshua is bringing:
1 PCFX + CRT (S-video)
2 Turbo Duo + CRT
3 Turbografx Legendary Axe Edition + CRT
4 PCE + CD brief + CRT
5 Supergrafx + SCD + CRT

Nully is bringing

6 PCE Duo
7 Turbografx

Majors is bringing
8 PCE Shuttlebutt

ROFLMAO is bringing
9 Duo

In year's past we've had around 8 or more machines in the room.  So if possible, we should aim for 12+ this time around.  Who else is coming and wants to contribute to the Obey Pile!?!?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

majors

You know I'll be there, and I can bring one console. I could possible pack a projector or another console in my backpack if the need arises.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 12/27/2017, 10:43 AMYou can count on my PCE Duo and TG16!  I'll also reload the hotspot and bring the streaming setup again.

As for TVs, I may be able to bring a 20" if needed... But I have an extra passenger this year so room will be tight, so I'll leave it behind unless it is really needed. Lemme know!
For now don't worry about TVs. I'd rather take out a loan from MGC's CRT stash or just have people more local bring 'em in.  :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Joshua is bringing:
1 PCFX + CRT (S-video)
2 Turbo Duo + CRT
3 Turbografx Legendary Axe Edition + CRT
4 PCE + CD brief + CRT
5 Supergrafx + SCD + CRT

Majors is bringing
PCE Shuttlebutt

We'll need a few more peeps to bring in systems n' stuff.  Rumor is we'll be able to fit in about 15-20 consoles. I'd even like to add a couch or some comfy chairs for the streaming events.  It'd be tits if we could pull off some awesome event like a mini-AGDQ or something.

So get ready with your 1CC skills and speed runs ya?

:)

roflmao

I'll be there! I'll definitely have my Express but can bring a Duo, TG16/CD setup and/or Briefcase.

If we have a good internet connection there (wired preferred) I can bring a computer I built for live streaming and a camera or two. It'd also have the ability to stream gameplay from a TV. It's not all cutting edge technology anymore, but would be better than a cell phone streaming on Facebook. Maybe Null's already got this covered. I know he ran in to some technical difficulties last year, but maybe they're all ironed out now.

I only have 5 or 6 controllers, but I could also bring a Saturn, Saturn Bomberman, and a Bomberman tap. Heresy, I know, but it could be fun.

JoshTurboTrollX

Heyo Roffle!  That would be excellent to get your Duo in the room!  I think I'll be supplying all the TVs and I plan on having TWO projectors in there this year!  :)

We will likely have up to 18 different consoles hooked up this time having SO much more space!  It's going to be a seriously awesome room!!

So we'll need as many people to participate as possibru!!

nectarsis

With less than 3 weeks left putting out the annual nectarsis airport express notice out there.   I already have 2(?) to nab from the airport...hit me up if you need a ride from the airport :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

roflmao

Pfloydguy2

Is there any chance some of you guys have turbo stuff you're looking to unload? I'm looking to pick up a few titles, but Turbo support is usually pretty weak on the sales floor.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Pfloydguy2 on 03/27/2018, 02:57 PMIs there any chance some of you guys have turbo stuff you're looking to unload? I'm looking to pick up a few titles, but Turbo support is usually pretty weak on the sales floor.
There might be a gent or two looking to sell stuff. Usually you can find a vendor or two with some good deals, you just have to dig.  :) Looking forward to seeing you there!!

Pfloydguy2

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/27/2018, 05:37 PMThere might be a gent or two looking to sell stuff. Usually you can find a vendor or two with some good deals, you just have to dig.  :) Looking forward to seeing you there!!
Definitely!  It will be good to meet you guys.

roflmao

I have some extra space in my hotel room in case anyone wants a place to crash and can help share the room costs. Shoot me a PM if interested.

SignOfZeta

I'll be there on Sunday. I'm on family vacation though so I ain't bringing shit.
IMG

majors

Quote from: guest on 03/28/2018, 05:30 PMI have some extra space in my hotel room ...
ROLF gonna be in the house! This will be the epics. So looking forward to next wknd. A con where I can just chill and obey.

Now, where is the Ope :/

PS: I'm still down for lugging a Shuttlebutt and Core w/ TED and rando hu's.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

bartre

Side note, do any of you all need any kind of system?
I've ended up with several spares and I don't want them

DeshDildo

I can bring a Turbo CD setup.  I don't own any small CRT's but I can probably borrow one to bring.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Desh on 04/01/2018, 09:12 AMI can bring a Turbo CD setup.  I don't own any small CRT's but I can probably borrow one to bring.
That would be wonderful!  I'll have a TV for ya when you get there!  :)

Quote from: bartre on 03/31/2018, 03:38 AMSide note, do any of you all need any kind of system?
I've ended up with several spares and I don't want them
Don't want them...?  Meaning you want to sell?  If you mean to donate for the weekend for TurboFest, yes- bring 'em.  PLEASE!! 

<3

bartre

Well my only spare pce is gonna be in the museum.
I've got a few extras of Nintendo/Sony/sega systems though

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: bartre on 04/02/2018, 01:15 PMWell my only spare pce is gonna be in the museum.
I've got a few extras of Nintendo/Sony/sega systems though
Are you asking if we want Nintendo/sony/feka in the TurboFest Room?  GTFO!!!