10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Hello from NL

Started by waiwainl, 01/03/2018, 09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waiwainl

Hello  :mrgreen:

Been a long time TurboGrafx-16 owner, playing mostly shumps on a Sony PVM-2024QM.
Recently received my IFU/cdrom2/pce combo with Super Parodier and I have to say I am sooo pleased with the audio!

I would welcome shmup CD recommendations with good audio.

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!  Star Parodier is a great one to start out with, so cute and fun.  For other good shewties with nice tunes, check out Gate of Thunder, Lords of Thunder, Soldier Blade, and Sylphia.

For all the other dumb americans, NL is the Netherlands.  I had to look it up.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Greetings, comrade!

I am totally biased (towards shootemups) and I have been really pleased with most of the Red Book soundtracks...I don't think you'll find one that disappoints.

So, instead, I think there are some neat comparisons to make:

The HuCARD tunes for Raiden and Sidearms and R-Type are sweet, but the CD versions offer (to me, anyway) a nice divergence....

R-Type Red Book pisses some people off (but it's unique and great, IMHO)

Raiden Red Book is very grand and regal, so I really appreciate it (again, when you have over-listened to arcade/TG-16 tunes, you need a fresh take!)

The Sidearms/Daisenpu Custom Red Book tracks are not as impressive initially...I guess most folks would say they are "forgettable"...but there are some subtle, nuanced things in the Red Book songs to appreciate if you give them a chance.

BOTTOM LINE: Having listener to the "standard" versions of these songs for years, I was happy to hear something different.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

waiwainl

Quote from: guest on 01/03/2018, 09:35 AMFor other good shewties with nice tunes, check out Gate of Thunder, Lords of Thunder, Soldier Blade, and Sylphia.
These look interesting. Thanks!

waiwainl

Quote from: esteban on 01/03/2018, 10:38 AMI am totally biased (towards shootemups) and I have been really pleased with most of the Red Book soundtracks...I don't think you'll find one that disappoints.

So, instead, I think there are some neat comparisons to make:
BOTTOM LINE: Having listener to the "standard" versions of these songs for years, I was happy to hear something different.
Glad to hear the RedBooks don't disappoint  :D

seieienbu

Just curious where NL is.  The Netherlands?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/05/2018, 06:09 PMJust curious where NL is.  The Netherlands?
"Nether Dutch"
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

waiwainl