@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Does a super cd2 add on work on a turbografx 16

Started by Purple1308, 01/14/2018, 11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple1308

I was wondering if it's possible or not can anyone confirm this?

HuMan

In theory it should, with the right system card, problem is the Super CD2 might not physically fit a TG16.

Purple1308

Quote from: HuMan on 01/14/2018, 11:39 PMIn theory it should, with the right system card, problem is the Super CD2 might not physically fit a TG16.
Thanks I was thinking the same thing

Psycho Punch

If you can outsource the connectors for the TG16 and PCE you could in theory create a wire adapter to use them, similarly to how the SuperGrafx worked with the original briefcase CDROM2.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

HuMan

ginoscope

It will not fit without some modification.  I just got a super cd rom 2 and tested this.  The connector on the super cd needs to be cut and even then the power socket of the turbografx does not line up with the hole on the side of the super cd.  I used the shell only of the TG16 to test the clearance.

A friend of mine suggested that modding an RAU-30 would probably make the TG16 work with the super cd.  These are pretty uncommon devices so it made no sense to me to mod them when a pc engine works just fine with the super cd.

Purple1308

Quote from: ginoscope on 01/15/2018, 10:20 AMIt will not fit without some modification.  I just got a super cd rom 2 and tested this.  The connector on the super cd needs to be cut and even then the power socket of the turbografx does not line up with the hole on the side of the super cd.  I used the shell only of the TG16 to test the clearance.

A friend of mine suggested that modding an RAU-30 would probably make the TG16 work with the super cd.  These are pretty uncommon devices so it made no sense to me to mod them when a pc engine works just fine with the super cd.
Thanks for the info