RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle - NES

Started by bob, 01/15/2018, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Anyone?
I asked for this game for christmas and recieved it.  I always remembered enjoying it as a kid, but hadn't played it in over 25 years.  I am on level 36 and proceeding when time allows.
For those not familiar, its basically a platformer with pac-man style of progression.
Carrots scattered around to which you need to get all of them to clear a level. (dots)
Avoid other looney tune characters. (ghosts)
Get the medicine for short killing power. (power pellets)
Can't Jump
Other artifacts are peppered around to kill the baddies, like anvils you can push off a ledge if you time it right to fall on characters running below you.  (this is kind of satisfying when successful)
Stairs/doors/pipes get you up and down the floors. (adhering to the levels theme) since you can't jump
Many levels look for you to take a set path and the other characters react similar to pac-man ghosts where they move based on your movements (you can use this to your advantage and freeze them sometimes, but it's not easy)

Basically, the point of this thread is... what games have you revisited after many years and still enjoyed?

Opethian

its funny because this game in japan is Roger Rabbit themed lol
IMG

bob

Quote from: Opethian on 01/15/2018, 08:25 PMits funny because this game in japan is Roger Rabbit themed lol
lol, really?  never knew that.
so is OUR roger rabbit something different there?

HuMan

esteban

I don't think I ever played Crazy Castle.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

I played this game and I believe a sequel as a kid. I use to own one of them as well. I remember getting to a point where I could complete the game (despite the repetition and recycled bosses) in a day.

Then again when you have very few games you tend to become very good at even mediocre games.

crazydean

There was an AVGN episode for this series. Although, I haven't played it myself.

As for bad or mediocre games that I used to play and still enjoy, well...I had an N64 and still enjoy it.  :mrgreen:

NecroPhile

I played a bunch of the Gameboy version of Crazy Castle back in the day.  It's not all that great (repetitive and bland in both looks and play), but I had fun with it.

The only games I can think of that I played a lot decades ago but came back to in recent years are a couple other gameboy games: Cosmo Tank and Super Mario Land 2.  Both were as good as I remember 'em.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ToyMachine78

Two games that I was really excited to revisit were Rygar and Clash at Demonhead. I absolutely loved both as a kid, but can't seem to get into them, or recapture that enthusiasm as an adult.

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2018, 09:31 AMThe only games I can think of that I played a lot decades ago but came back to in recent years are a couple other gameboy games: Cosmo Tank and Super Mario Land 2.  Both were as good as I remember 'em.
Have you checked out the colorized fan remake?

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: jperryss on 01/16/2018, 09:59 AM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/16/2018, 09:31 AMThe only games I can think of that I played a lot decades ago but came back to in recent years are a couple other gameboy games: Cosmo Tank and Super Mario Land 2.  Both were as good as I remember 'em.
Have you checked out the colorized fan remake?
This is very cool, thanks for sharing!

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2018, 01:06 PMThis is very cool, thanks for sharing!
Glad to! I fixed the link to point to the official page.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2018, 09:31 AMI played a bunch of the Gameboy version of Crazy Castle back in the day.  It's not all that great (repetitive and bland in both looks and play), but I had fun with it.

The only games I can think of that I played a lot decades ago but came back to in recent years are a couple other gameboy games: Cosmo Tank and Super Mario Land 2.  Both were as good as I remember 'em.
I remember getting the GB version of the game as an Easter present one year, which surprised me because even as a kid I didn't think that was a thing.  I played the game a lot back then, but never have any interest in playing again for some reason.

ClodBusted

Quote from: jperryss on 01/16/2018, 09:59 AMHave you checked out the colorized fan remake?
Oh fuck yeah, those screenshots look quite promising.
I played the heck out of Super Mario Land 2 back then, and still enjoy it today.