Was Gate of Thunder released in the US on it's own disc?

Started by toaks, 01/17/2018, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toaks

I was wondering if it was ever released as a standalone disc or just in the 4-in-1 disc?

SignOfZeta

IMG

toaks

NecroPhile

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/17/2018, 09:25 PMJust the 4-in-1 that came free with Duos.
It was also available bundled with the Super System Card for an extra $30.  Same exact game though.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

The 4-in-1 was also sold by mail order separately from the System Card.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

esteban

Quote from: toaks on 01/17/2018, 08:44 PMI was wondering if it was ever released as a standalone disc or just in the 4-in-1 disc?
Everyone posted the correct answer(s) already, but I thought you might be interested in this page of items from an Electronics Boutique catalog from yesteryear:
 IMG

BUT, I could swear there was another catalog that had COVER ART for GATE OF THUNDER and made it look like it was (possibly) available as a stand-alone game, too.

I'll keep looking...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

It does have cover art. It just doesn't have back cover art.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/18/2018, 06:15 PMIt does have cover art. It just doesn't have back cover art.
No, I mean, I thought I had a scan somewhere (there is a lot of stuff I have locally, but never uploaded to website) where Gate of Thunder NA is advertised as a "stand alone" retail release for $XX.XX

Not as a pack-in
Not as a combo with NA System Card 3

And it was a proper, professional ad/catalog, not a mail-order outfit.

I'll keep looking, because, obviously, I want to see if this is FAKE NEWS (that is, a false memory planted by FEKA)

FEKA NEWS!

Very sad.

toaks

Wow thanks for all the info everyone. Seeing that advertisement took me back to my teenage years looking thru gaming mags.

Purple1308

geise

That add esteban posted just reminded me how well the Duo really could've done with better marketing. Everyone I've ever seen playing one at the time loved it! Even more so than the Sega CD. I know they just didn't have the money like Sega did at the time for TV spots but damn it really could've helped. So many were not in the know, but they all thought FMV was the future.

CrackTiger

Quote from: geise on 01/26/2018, 10:44 PMThat add esteban posted just reminded me how well the Duo really could've done with better marketing. Everyone I've ever seen playing one at the time loved it! Even more so than the Sega CD. I know they just didn't have the money like Sega did at the time for TV spots but damn it really could've helped. So many were not in the know, but they all thought FMV was the future.
They should have hired Tony Hawk to go around filming random people enjoying the Duo more than Sega-CD.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2018, 11:09 PM
Quote from: geise on 01/26/2018, 10:44 PMThat add esteban posted just reminded me how well the Duo really could've done with better marketing. Everyone I've ever seen playing one at the time loved it! Even more so than the Sega CD. I know they just didn't have the money like Sega did at the time for TV spots but damn it really could've helped. So many were not in the know, but they all thought FMV was the future.
They should have hired Tony Hawk to go around filming random people enjoying the Duo more than Sega-CD.
STOP IT!

Tony and Hawk on team PCE were better than Marky Mark and Kriss Kross on Team FEKA.

IMG

esteban

INXS?! Holy shots, I don't own the INXS SEGA... I need that. 

I'm serious as cancer...