10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

WTB: IDE hard drives

Started by bartre, 01/17/2018, 10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartre

hey guys.

I find my self in need of a handful of IDE hard drives.
I need the full size 3.5" drives, but capacity isn't terribly important, as long as it's 50+GB

bartre

xcrement5x

Quote from: Nulltard on 01/18/2018, 07:38 AMHow many do you need? And what are they for? I may be able to hook you up.
I am going to guess, given the specific specs, that he trying to get rid of a lot of phatty PS2s by using a broadband adapter and IDE hard drive.  Slap in some FreeMcBoot with HDLoader and you've got a solid pirate setup.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bartre

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2018, 02:41 PMI am going to guess, given the specific specs, that he trying to get rid of a lot of phatty PS2s by using a broadband adapter and IDE hard drive.  Slap in some FreeMcBoot with HDLoader and you've got a solid pirate setup.
partially correct.
they're for PS2s and Xboxes.
I've been doing more LAN type setups and I don't feel like buying multiple copies of a game just to have them take up space.

ColinM

If you are still looking I have at least 3 or 4. I have to check what size they are though.

BigusSchmuck

I might have some old maxtor drives at work. Let me know if you are interested.

soop

err, complete thread hijack, but I don't suppose you've ever worked on a PS2 and had the controller port ribbon cable screw up?  For some reason, mine came loose and will not for the love of god remain back in place.  It's like some magical, intangible part has gone missing between the ribbon and the clip.  I've ordered some replacement cables, just in case that helps, but fuck knows what happened.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

exodus

I missed this thread, I gave away 15 to the electronic recycling place a month ago. whooooops

Psycho Punch

There's a way to put a SATA adapter into the PS2 broadband adapter isn't it? I recall reading about it somewhere.

Quote from: soop on 04/12/2018, 11:13 AMerr, complete thread hijack, but I don't suppose you've ever worked on a PS2 and had the controller port ribbon cable screw up?  For some reason, mine came loose and will not for the love of god remain back in place.  It's like some magical, intangible part has gone missing between the ribbon and the clip.  I've ordered some replacement cables, just in case that helps, but f*ck knows what happened.
The intangible part between the ribbon and the clip is the machine used to plug 1000 ribbons a second. :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp