OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What would you like to see on pcengine-fx.com?

Started by PCEngineFX, 07/19/2001, 08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

Quote from: turbofan1 on 03/09/2008, 11:01 AMYou are right about this board almost being unvisitable.There`s A couple members in here,that constantly fill up the boards with garbage posts.I think people probably no who I'm referring too.Same could be said about me,"if you don`t like it leave".I might do the same.
I mostly stay in Chit-Chat and Console chat, leaving your "precious" Turbo threads the fuck alone. Maybe you should leave, if you can't take me posting in appropriate forums. However I need to warn you... OTHER FORUMS HAVE PEOPLE WHO POST THE RIGHT THINGS IN THE RIGHT SUBFORUMS AS WELL. 0_____0
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Rainbow_Bright

edit

nat

Outside of the Chit-Chat area, I'm curious to know what threads you people are referring to as being so unbearably off-topic. All the currently active threads in the PCE & Turbo areas are on-topic. I'm having a difficult time finding anything off-topic at all, actually, much less whole handfuls of threads.

Mooney1to10

I didn't know who to talk to about this so ill post this on here. Ive been thinking of this for a while and i think it would be a good part of the site if added.

So i was thinking this site should have a price guide to help new members and maybe some old members who don't know how to set there price when selling in the selling forums or maybe just to see the value of the private collection. I think since we sell on here we should at least have a good price guide. i would be willing to do some research to help make the guide because one man can't possibility create this guide by himself. the price guide would have to listed from lower end to higher end meaning lower end is just the Hu card or Cd and higher end meaning complete in mint condition. Plus the guide would also have to consist of turbografx 16 Hu, turbografx cd, pc engine Hu, and pc engine Cd games listed separately meaning U.S from Japanese.

thanks for reading if you see errors jest let them be if they don't interfere with understanding what im trying to say
my NEC systems

Pc Engine Core Grafx  serial number 03136706A 
U.S  Turbo Duo serial number 2X058811A

TheClash603

I believe we should do an official price guide, and the prices should be 1/3 of the going ebay rate.  Maybe someone will look at the guide, and I can get the last 5 games I need on the cheap.  I don't even care if that would devalue the 139 games I currently own.

nat

I think you're joking, but if you're being serious, as a general rule price guides are not a good idea for a multitude of reasons.

Mooney1to10

Quote from: nat on 04/20/2010, 10:50 PMI think you're joking, but if you're being serious, as a general rule price guides are not a good idea for a multitude of reasons.
OK, give the reasons.
my NEC systems

hoobs88

How about a PCEngineFX gathering/reunion?
Meet & Greet event, play some games together, and buy, sell, trade, etc.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Mooney1to10

good idea dude that would be great to meet everyone =D>
my NEC systems

NecroPhile

Quote from: Mooney12345678910 on 04/21/2010, 09:36 PMok give the reasons
I'll give you the only reason that matters: price lists start off with good intentions but are soon neglected, outdated, and useless (case in point).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

Any chance we could get some cool new smileys?  The ones to select from are just kind of, well plain.
All is well. :)

nat

Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/22/2010, 10:03 AM
Quote from: Mooney12345678910 on 04/21/2010, 09:36 PMok give the reasons
I'll give you the only reason that matters: price lists start off with good intentions but are soon neglected, outdated, and useless (case in point).
Necromancer nailed it.

RoyVegas

Actually that guide was stopped because he left the site and doesn't post here anymore.  Those prices were pretty good at them time..  Hell most of them are still good...  Either way a price guide is pointless, people pay what they want and it flucuates daily..  You also mentioned taking a look a the price of eBay.  Generally on this forum eBay is pretty hated and noone here wants to use eBay as a guide.  Besiades, if you want to use eBay as a guide, just go check eBay then.

nectarsis

Quote from: Mooney12345678910 on 04/23/2010, 04:17 AMsince that other guy  left the forums and droped the guide it seems like he wasn't a devoted member.

o yea and there are other places to get prices from like gamegavel.com  it a growing auction site
The "other guy" leaving has no bearing on his "devotied member" status  :roll:

Gamegavel has been, and continues to be a joke
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

RoyVegas

Mooney, I gave my two cents on the guide because the guy who posted it and I were talking on the phone and just started talking about the prices when he was making it.

As far as Windancer not being devoted?  I'm with nectarsis on the  :roll:

Gamegavel:  We all wish it would do better.  But I don't think it will.  Ebay just has to much of the viewing market for people (auction site users) to want to put their items anywhere else.

nat

Price guides for video games are a bad idea, plain and simple. I've wanted to delete that one linked to earlier for a while now, but some people here like to keep it around for nostalgic reasons or something so I leave it alone.

Like someone mentioned, people will pay what they will pay for a game. There's a large majority of people that will tell you Magical Chase is worth over $1,000 because that's what some lunatics paid for it on eBay. If you define a game's "worth" by what some idiot wants to pay for it then sure, Magical Chase is worth $1,000+. Personally, I decided the game wasn't worth over $200 so I found a copy for $165 and bought it. So what should we put in the price guide? $165? Or $1800? You see where I'm going with this? Just because a game fluctuates in price drastically from sale to sale has little to do with sellers "not knowing what to price a game at" and a lot to do with a buyer's intelligence-to-throwaway-cash ratio.

TheClash603

Let's add a thread with a new smokin' hot naked chick every day.  Women don't post here anyway...  and who knows, maybe that kind of thread will be inviting to some trashy women to start posting here?

RoyVegas

Quote from: nat on 04/24/2010, 03:52 AMI've wanted to delete that one linked to earlier for a while now, but some people here like to keep it around for nostalgic reasons or something so I leave it alone.
How about unsticky and lock it?  That will keep it around still but show that it's not current.

Mooney1to10

is there anyway of knowing  if a seller on the forums is good  if not how about a feedback area or a ratig system
my NEC systems

esteban

Quote from: nat on 04/24/2010, 03:52 AMI've wanted to delete that one linked to earlier for a while now, but some people here like to keep it around for nostalgic reasons or something so I leave it alone.
Thanks for that, by the way :).

Mooney: You should take a deep breath and think about how you can become a part of the community here. Clearly, you want a price guide. You must realize what a huge undertaking a project like that is, even if folks thought it was useful and wanted to pursue it.

Are you buying games (and don't want to be ripped off)? Selling games? Just curious about prices in general?

1.0 Start a thread where you ask us what a "fair" or "ballpark" for a particular game is.

2.0 Be honest, ask, and see what happens. First impressions are important, and I'd hate to remember "Mooney12345678910" as "that guy who wanted us to make a price guide."

3.0 Expect folks to give you warnings about how inflated prices are on eBay. Expect other folks to cruelly inform you that they picked up the same game for only $1.50. It's OK to shed a tear or two during this process.

Quote from: Mooney12345678910 on 04/25/2010, 04:47 AMis there anyway of knowing  if a seller on the forums is good  if not how about a feedback area or a ratig system
Don't buy from "esteban". He is a scumbag. His HuCards are dirty and the cases are cracked.

;)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 04/24/2010, 03:52 AMJust because a game fluctuates in price drastically from sale to sale has little to do with sellers "not knowing what to price a game at" and a lot to do with a buyer's intelligence-to-throwaway-cash ratio.
Quoted for truth, justice, and the American way.

Quote from: Mooney12345678910 on 04/25/2010, 04:47 AMis there anyway of knowing  if a seller on the forums is good  if not how about a feedback area or a ratig system
The entire forum is a feedback area: if someone screws people over, they're going to be run out on a rail; and if someone new has a bad reputation on other forums, you'll hear about it from other members.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/24/2010, 11:09 AMLet's add a thread with a new smokin' hot naked chick every day.  Women don't post here anyway...  and who knows, maybe that kind of thread will be inviting to some trashy women to start posting here?
Or lesbians.

Surely that's a win-win situation?

Windy

I know this is an old Topic. But Nat if you could please delete that Price list it seemed like a good idea in the beginning but yeah they are useless really. It comes down to what someone is willing to pay or can afford and and what a seller wants to sell it for. Even keeping a pricelist doesn't seem to effect anything its just a general idea of costs. But that is a very old List and should be removed. I think it will just give people the wrong idea

Quote from: nat on 04/24/2010, 03:52 AMPrice guides for video games are a bad idea, plain and simple. I've wanted to delete that one linked to earlier for a while now, but some people here like to keep it around for nostalgic reasons or something so I leave it alone.

Like someone mentioned, people will pay what they will pay for a game. There's a large majority of people that will tell you Magical Chase is worth over $1,000 because that's what some lunatics paid for it on eBay. If you define a game's "worth" by what some idiot wants to pay for it then sure, Magical Chase is worth $1,000+. Personally, I decided the game wasn't worth over $200 so I found a copy for $165 and bought it. So what should we put in the price guide? $165? Or $1800? You see where I'm going with this? Just because a game fluctuates in price drastically from sale to sale has little to do with sellers "not knowing what to price a game at" and a lot to do with a buyer's intelligence-to-throwaway-cash ratio.
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

esteban

Quote from: Windy on 02/28/2012, 11:30 AMI know this is an old Topic. But Nat if you could please delete that Price list it seemed like a good idea in the beginning but yeah they are useless really. It comes down to what someone is willing to pay or can afford and and what a seller wants to sell it for. Even keeping a pricelist doesn't seem to effect anything its just a general idea of costs. But that is a very old List and should be removed. I think it will just give people the wrong idea

Quote from: nat on 04/24/2010, 03:52 AMPrice guides for video games are a bad idea, plain and simple. I've wanted to delete that one linked to earlier for a while now, but some people here like to keep it around for nostalgic reasons or something so I leave it alone.

As a general policy, I don't think it is a good idea to delete stuff arbitrarily. The price thread is a piece of our history now, regardless of how folks feel about it.

Now, if there was a very good reason to delete a thread (i.e. it was full of sexist/racist/homophobic garbage)...I would consider it.

One of the worst things is to erase our conversations here: what better way to dissuade new folks from creating a New Price List than to link to the old price list debates?

We can learn from the past. :pcgs:

nat

Quote from: Windy on 02/28/2012, 11:30 AMI know this is an old Topic. But Nat if you could please delete that Price list it seemed like a good idea in the beginning but yeah they are useless really. It comes down to what someone is willing to pay or can afford and and what a seller wants to sell it for. Even keeping a pricelist doesn't seem to effect anything its just a general idea of costs. But that is a very old List and should be removed. I think it will just give people the wrong idea
You were the original author, so if you tell me on no uncertain terms you want it deleted, I will delete it. But I think esteban has a point; at the very least it's useful now as a counter-argument the next time someone starts talking about making a new price list. It's only a matter of time before this happens, really.

It's not stickied, and the thread has a big, giant "NOT UPDATED IN 3 YEARS" warning so I don't think there's any danger of someone actually using it for pricing.

So having said all that... what'll it be, Windy?

SignOfZeta

Quote from: esteban on 03/03/2012, 04:49 PMAs a general policy, I don't think it is a good idea to delete stuff arbitrarily. The price thread is a piece of our history now, regardless of how folks feel about it.

One of the worst things is to erase our conversations here: what better way to dissuade new folks from creating a New Price List than to link to the old price list debates?

I would say that Esteban is the Alan Lomax of pcengine-fx.com, but actually I am the Alan Lomax of pcengine-fx.com. I agree with what he wrote here even more than he does.
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: nat on 03/05/2012, 12:42 AMYou were the original author, so if you tell me on no uncertain terms you want it deleted, I will delete it.
Don't get me wrong, the pricelist is my most-hated thread after "MC Waiting List", but jesus christ, don't delete the whole thread.  If Windy wants his initial post edited and reduced to a period, that's fine, but everyone else posted nine pages of thoughtful comment and debate after that.  This is why users no longer have a "remove" option.  We've discussed this before and decided we didn't want people pulling a Royvega and deleting entire threads.
Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/05/2012, 05:04 AM
Quote from: esteban on 03/03/2012, 04:49 PMAs a general policy, I don't think it is a good idea to delete stuff arbitrarily. The price thread is a piece of our history now, regardless of how folks feel about it.

I would say that Esteban is the Alan Lomax of pcengine-fx.com, but actually I am the Alan Lomax of pcengine-fx.com. I agree with what he wrote here even more than he does.
Hahahhahaha. :pcgs: I am deeply honored by the comparison, even though you are being to gracious. :pcgs:

rag-time4

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/05/2012, 05:04 AM

I agree also, but I also believe that since Windy was the one who posted it, he should have the sovereign right to delete it if he wants. I would just prefer he didn't.

RGB_Gamer

I would like to see Tapatalk forum application support

esteban

Quote from: RGB_Gamer on 11/01/2012, 02:54 PMI would like to see Tapatalk forum application support
I wholeheartedly embrace this idea!