RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Idiot of the month March 2018

Started by ClodBusted, 03/09/2018, 04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeshDildo

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/13/2018, 09:30 PMNow, as to Nulltard objectively being a forum-thief, are you REALLY gonna sit there and claim he didn't harvest any members over years with his spamming ? Are you really gonna try to pass that lie off ?
If you are going to make these claims I will need the proof.  I would like the list of PCEFX forum members that have deleted their account and now only have/use a DoxPhile account.  Only then will I agree that Nulltard is "harvesting" members of this forum.  If you cannot prove this then these statements are false and that would make YOU the one who is lying.  If by "harvesting" you mean people that have an account at both sites what difference does it make?  How does that affect anything?  Are you saying people that have specific interests can't communicate or enjoy more than one form of information or source?  I am a motor head and subscribe to multiple magazines.  I have still to this day never gotten a letter from Autoweek asking me if I canceled my subscription because I frequent Motortrend's online presence.  I canceled Autoweek because it went to shit BTW. 

If you really in your heart of hearts feel Nulltard is guilty of some sort of "treason" against PCEFX then talk to Aaron and NecroPhile, they would have the power to ban hammer if they feel he his done something remarkably wrong.  If the powers that be don't feel this way then STFU.

Also, I have respect for you and sincerely appreciate your contributions to this community.  I'm pretty sure I just saw the other day you gave Rover some tools for translating Yuki.  That sort of stuff doesn't go unnoticed.  Thank you again for stuff like this as well as Turborip and everything else.  I also feel bad about the shaft you got from xseed etc. but damn, does it have to be included in every damn post you make.  We all got it, we haven't forgotten due to the frequency it appears.

I feel like sarcasm and things talked about in jest maybe don't come across that way over a keyboard, especially when directed at you.  Please relax!

Perhaps dildophilers took it too far with the spam.  Perhaps you take shit the wrong way and feel it's a personal dig against you.  Maybe the truth is in the middle?
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

SignOfZeta

What's killing all forums is Facebook. Don't let that divide the real shit against itself.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Desh on 03/13/2018, 10:34 PMIf you are going to make these claims I will need the proof.  I would like the list of PCEFX forum members that have deleted their account and now only have/use a DoxPhile account.  Only then will I agree that Nulltard is "harvesting" members of this forum.  If you cannot prove this then these statements are false and that would make YOU the one who is lying.  If by "harvesting" you mean people that have an account at both sites what difference does it make?  How does that affect anything?  Are you saying people that have specific interests can't communicate or enjoy more than one form of information or source?  I am a motor head and subscribe to multiple magazines.  I have still to this day never gotten a letter from Autoweek asking me if I canceled my subscription because I frequent Motortrend's online presence.  I canceled Autoweek because it went to shit BTW. 

If you really in your heart of hearts feel Nulltard is guilty of some sort of "treason" against PCEFX then talk to Aaron and NecroPhile, they would have the power to ban hammer if they feel he his done something remarkably wrong.  If the powers that be don't feel this way then STFU.
No, YOU STFU! You're NOT gonna bully me, neither are they! You set up a strawman that me calling him a "MOSTLY FAILED FORUM-THIEF" is claiming accounts here got deleted, registered there, and only exist there! That is a very specific claim! A specific claim I did not make, but you assigned to my phrases, we call that a strawman! Because he MOSTLY is a "failed forum thief" we CAN laugh about his attempts! Still don't like it!

I say, he's a parasite that used our PCE forum to build up his PCE forum with relentless spamming across years which is why accounts exist on both sites! I don't really appreciate that, and I don't think Aaron does either. Whether some in the process become more comfortable there and stop posting as much here is not something I have specifically gone out to measure because it MOSTLY looks like a dead site. If we lost 1 member to him, I still don't really appreciate it and now have made my views known about it! Tough noogies!

QuoteAlso, I have respect for you and sincerely appreciate your contributions to this community.  I'm pretty sure I just saw the other day you gave Rover some tools for translating Yuki.  That sort of stuff doesn't go unnoticed.  Thank you again for stuff like this as well as Turborip and everything else.  I also feel bad about the shaft you got from xseed etc. but damn, does it have to be included in every damn post you make.  We all got it, we haven't forgotten due to the frequency it appears.
Spare me, you already burned bridges with your first ignorant "I lie/minimize to defend my friends" entry into this.

QuotePerhaps dildophilers took it too far with the spam.
They did and you're NOT helping their case!

DeshDildo

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/13/2018, 10:50 PM
Quote from: Desh on 03/13/2018, 10:34 PMIf you are going to make these claims I will need the proof.  I would like the list of PCEFX forum members that have deleted their account and now only have/use a DoxPhile account.  Only then will I agree that Nulltard is "harvesting" members of this forum.  If you cannot prove this then these statements are false and that would make YOU the one who is lying.  If by "harvesting" you mean people that have an account at both sites what difference does it make?  How does that affect anything?  Are you saying people that have specific interests can't communicate or enjoy more than one form of information or source?  I am a motor head and subscribe to multiple magazines.  I have still to this day never gotten a letter from Autoweek asking me if I canceled my subscription because I frequent Motortrend's online presence.  I canceled Autoweek because it went to shit BTW. 

No, YOU STFU! You're NOT gonna bully me, neither are they! You set up a strawman that me calling him a "MOSTLY FAILED FORUM-THIEF" is claiming accounts here got deleted, registered there, and only exist there! That is a very specific claim! A specific claim I did not make, but you assigned to my phrases, we call that a strawman! Because he MOSTLY is a "failed forum thief" we CAN laugh about his attempts! Still don't like it!

I say, he's a parasite that used our PCE forum to build up his PCE forum with relentless spamming across years which is why accounts exist on both sites! I don't really appreciate that, and I don't think Aaron does either. Whether some in the process become more comfortable there and stop posting as much here is not something I have specifically gone out to measure because it MOSTLY looks like a dead site. If we lost 1 member to him, I still don't really appreciate it and now have made my views known about it! Tough noogies!

QuoteAlso, I have respect for you and sincerely appreciate your contributions to this community.  I'm pretty sure I just saw the other day you gave Rover some tools for translating Yuki.  That sort of stuff doesn't go unnoticed.  Thank you again for stuff like this as well as Turborip and everything else.  I also feel bad about the shaft you got from xseed etc. but damn, does it have to be included in every damn post you make.  We all got it, we haven't forgotten due to the frequency it appears.
Spare me, you already burned bridges with your first ignorant "I lie/minimize to defend my friends" entry into this.

QuotePerhaps dildophilers took it too far with the spam.
They did and you're NOT helping their case!
I didn't lie about anything nor am I bullying you.  You can't provide proof of DoxPhile harming the PCE/TG community in any way, shape or form other than annoying you with spam.  Did it annoy anyone else?  Nobody else is speaking out about it, just you.  Again, if Aaron REALLY gave a shit about it don't you think he'd ban Null?  You're putting words in his mouth unless Aaron specifically said, "Hey NW you know I really don't appreciate that damn Nulltard guy stealing all of my account holders!."

What bridges did I burn with you?  I've never met you in real life nor do we have any sort of communication besides this forum.  I've met quite a few regular members on here but not you.  I could give a shit what you think of me.  In addition, I really do appreciate your work but if you want to be a dick about it just fuck right off.

EDIT:  I also forgot to ask why you yourself have an account at DoxPhile?  Did the spam actually work on you too?
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

NightWolve

Quote from: Desh on 03/13/2018, 11:06 PMDid it annoy anyone else?  Nobody else is speaking out about it, just you.  Again, if Aaron REALLY gave a shit about it don't you think he'd ban Null? 

What bridges did I burn with you?  I've never met you in real life nor do we have any sort of communication besides this forum.  I've met quite a few regular members on here but not you.  I could give a shit what you think of me.  In addition, I really do appreciate your work but if you want to be a dick about it just fuck right off.
Wow, what a brain dead liar, I already linked NecroPhile calling it out earlier, who also called it out in the chatroom:

Quote from: NecroPhile on 03/09/2018, 03:12 PMIt's less censorship and more anti-spam.  There's a few jackholes that think it's cute to spam their piece of shit site over and over again, which wouldn't be so annoying if they actually chatted and did more than spam and bitch.
QuoteDid it annoy anyone else?  Nobody else is speaking out about it, just you.
DO YOU READ BRUH ?

QuoteYou're putting words in his mouth unless Aaron specifically said, "Hey NW you know I really don't appreciate that damn Nulltard guy stealing all of my account holders!."
Most would NOT appreciate a spammer trying to constantly spam a competing forum in their own forum, their own paid-for web property. Odds are good I'm right about that and odds are good that you are in the wrong. And I highly doubt Nulltard/Bullity would've pulled this shit in Aaron's face if he was in the chatroom working on it, and witnessing it. Yes, it's an opinion, a guessestimate, and in your desperation of defense will claim I can't know that for sure, we get it!

QuoteI didn't lie about anything nor am I bullying you.
Yes, you did. Strawmans are a show of dishonesty, as is ignorant defense of friends when you should've recused yourself, weren't here to witness said abuse, and are just getting uppity about it because you like them more. This is not the first time you got in my face like this!

QuoteYou can't provide proof of DoxPhile harming the PCE/TG community in any way, shape or form other than annoying you with spam.
He's mostly a failed forum-thief/parasite, meaning, he has mostly a dead site as far as I can see, so claims of great harm were not made but only exist in your head. Still don't like his spam jobs and am tired of them!

Finally, it is YOU that can rightfully f*ck the hell off, the ignoranus that you are in this! You've made clear you don't even read what's replied to you or lie about it, and continue to operate on strawmans!

NightWolve

Quote from: Desh on 03/13/2018, 11:06 PMEDIT:  I also forgot to ask why you yourself have an account at DoxPhile?  Did the spam actually work on you too?
Because, you moronic ignoranus, we USED to be friends before he went off the deep end with his ~2 weeks of spamming, AND I went to his site, to the chatroom, asked Dan who was in there to help me test our chat as I installed it, Nulltard wasn't there, BUT I messaged him on Facebook, DID find him live, and then he came to test it and so forth... I found BlueBMW live, nectaris, Nulltard, Arkhan, and they all helped to test it!

THEN the nully'n'crew spam jobs began and ~2 weeks later, HERE WE ARE!!! So yeah, that was my last use of my account at DildoPhile.com, BUT I am NOT going there again after the shit he pulled! Understand that ??? F*cking moron!

"Durrr, hey, you have an account there!!!"

Yeah, he has my permission to delete my account now! I won't need it again after this shit!

Gredler

NightWolve

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 03/14/2018, 12:04 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 03/13/2018, 11:28 PM... before he [Nulltard] went off the deep end ...
Nulltard's been crazy yo. He's been over at DoxPhile, posting multi-page, curse-laden rants, full of juvenile insults. They are full of repetition and repeating themselves. Off his rocker, I tells ya.
Yeah, he's a perfectly rational, sane, relentless spammer, isn't he ? Keeps doing the same thing over AND over AND over AND over again (across the last ~2 weeks in the chatbox, not counting his years here!), hoping for different results, hoping his miserable failure of a mostly dead site can gain 1-3 more active members by irritating us to hell and back with its existence...

"But your mean posts were long, durrrr!!! Long is wrong!!!! Long is wrong, I say! And you cursed, that's mean, yo!!!!! Durrrr. "

OK, Darkko buddy, excellent point taken, thanks again!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/13/2018, 10:47 PMWhat's killing all forums is Facebook. Don't let that divide the real shit against itself.
This.

Also, DoxPhile as a content site is pretty great.

The forum was created (or saw actual activity) when PCEFX went down ironically because of shoutbox abuse or w/e IIRC.

The forum/chat is unnecessary. Splitting the small community more is pointless.

Paul's chat became the goto, but the forum there as well was basically dead. 

What sucks is the peanut gallery heckle-fest that DoxPhile has encouraged, and not even for the spamming qualities that Nightwolve is losing his shit over.

It sucks for the fact that it has contributed to actual members leaving, some of whom have been around longer than any of the DoxPhilers.

This shit here isn't helping either.

Desh is a legit dude.
Cabbage is a legit dude.

The DPers in general are fucking fine when they aren't glommed together acting like a bunch of hillbillies.

So, uh, how about we calm the fuck down.  We don't need to make MORE people say fuck this forum and leave for nowhere, or worse, Facebook.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

Desh is solid. He has committed feats of strength including eating a pickled pigs foot so a kid could get a free NES game so I can't really talk shit about someone who cares that much about the next gen of retrogamers (for the record I don't know him IRL. Or maybe at MGC, I may have met you once, but just saw the infamous (MGC?) video a few years ago and was impressed). You can't run gamers like that off a forum. He's the guy that would give your little brother the $5 at the swap meet so he could get the SNES copy of FF6 he's coveted since birth. He also, at the drop of a hat, sent me a bag of low profile switches for PC Engine Modding (30 SWITCHES Y'ALL) on the very first night we spoke, without asking for a dollar and shipped it for free. I was fucking shocked. As a result I was able to finish 3 members systems here; That's someone who really loves this hobby. Thanks again, Desh!

Also, cabbage is tight. Not because I'm Scottish, and also don't know him IRL, but I have nothing but respect for him and what his family is going through. Always there to cut to the quick, he's one of the realest cats on PCEFX and won't sugar-coat a turd, which is rare. We need honest people here to keep it real, and he's always delivered. I cant tell from text but if there may be something that is bothering worrying you about him, I vouch for him 100%, even if my word as an Oakland, Californian may mean as much as a box of moldy tangerines.

...so these are my votes of confidence, NW for these members, in light of recent posts, from my experience dealing with them.

No disrespect, Just sayin'

caw 

NecroPhile

Quote from: Desh on 03/13/2018, 10:34 PMPerhaps dildophilers took it too far with the spam.  Perhaps you take shit the wrong way and feel it's a personal dig against you.  Maybe the truth is in the middle?
This, pretty much.

A few of 'em didn't know when to quit spamming and made it personal when they started in with the xseed shit, then it's been continued (in chat and in this thread) with the heckling and whining about mod abuse / censorship and with Nulltard's turborip = malware bullshit.

You DoxPhilers can try to play it off as one big joke and that nobody meant any offense, but nobody is laughing anymore.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DeshDildo

Quote from: NecroPhile on 03/14/2018, 09:53 AM
Quote from: Desh on 03/13/2018, 10:34 PMPerhaps dildophilers took it too far with the spam.  Perhaps you take shit the wrong way and feel it's a personal dig against you.  Maybe the truth is in the middle?
This, pretty much.

A few of 'em didn't know when to quit spamming and made it personal when they started in with the xseed shit, then it's been continued (in chat and in this thread) with the heckling and whining about mod abuse / censorship and with Nulltard's turborip = malware bullshit.

You DoxPhilers can try to play it off as one big joke and that nobody meant any offense, but nobody is laughing anymore.
Thank you for the level head.  As NW pointed out by my own admission I don't live on this site so I didn't see anything that originally went down.  As is the case in most disputes the truth is in the middle.

We all know when NW goes on a crusade shit hits the fan but I couldn't bring myself to sit by and watch him dig at Nulltard's personal character/ motives.  NW himself said him and Nulltard were "friends" before this happened.  If that were truly the case how does a sane person allow a ridiculous dispute on an online gaming forum destroy a friendship?

Gypsy

LostFlunky

Quote from: Gypsy on 03/14/2018, 01:13 PMWhy did I read this thread?
Because "idiot of the month" is a thing.  Even though I voted USB back in what feels like March of last year, I would change it now to "Other: Shoutbox wars".

esteban

I love Nulltard.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate him is free to do so, but Nulltard is a good guy.

I don't understand why folks put 95% energy into negative bullshit and only 5% into being civil with one another, but then again, I have a fully-charged CUP OF JO on my desk.

Fuck you.

Fuck me.

(now, the folks on Facebook are the real assholes...SRSLY, follow me at #pcecumshotz to learn more)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

crazydean

Is there a story behind USB? It's like they were designing the tech behind it and used the rectangle as a placeholder. Then got rushed and forgot to make something better.

I bought a Gameboy Advance SP and it has two proprietary connectors. It just doesn't make sense for USB to be so poorly designed.

Gredler

Quote from: esteban on 03/14/2018, 04:24 PM.SRSLY, follow me at #pcecumshotz to learn more
What I've learned cannot be unlearned. I high recommend everyone avoids this pound sign.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: esteban on 03/14/2018, 04:24 PMI love Nulltard.

(now, the folks on Facebook are the real assholes...SRSLY, follow me at #pcecumshotz to learn more)

Fuck me.
add me on facespace!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/14/2018, 05:07 AMSo, uh, how about we calm the fuck down.  We don't need to make MORE people say fuck this forum and leave for nowhere, or worse, Facebook.
To paraphrase Barret Wallace:

"Huh? Didn't expect to hear something like that outta you. Yer just full of surprises."
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: The Old Rover on 03/15/2018, 03:37 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/14/2018, 05:07 AMSo, uh, how about we calm the fuck down.  We don't need to make MORE people say fuck this forum and leave for nowhere, or worse, Facebook.
To paraphrase Barret Wallace:

"Huh? Didn't expect to hear something like that outta you. Yer just full of surprises."
and to quote Tifa

"STOP ACTING LIKE A RETARD"
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/15/2018, 03:58 PMand to quote Tifa

"STOP ACTING LIKE A RETARD"
To quote Rufus:

"SUCK IT, BITCH"

EDIT: Oh wait, he never said that. :P :lol:
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

To quote Palmer

*Whump*

as a fucking truck hits his fat ass.

aw yiss

ClodBusted

To quote Nulltard:

IMG

EDIT: Oh wait, that's Porkins.

OldRover

blueraven

To quote Tatsjuin:

"I wa n nz teh 500gr hanhbrghur"

IMG

Psycho Punch

I guess I'm too addicted to this forum to be able to leave for any significant amount of time. Sad!

Quote from: blueraven on 03/16/2018, 12:24 AMTo quote Tatsjuin:

"I wa n nz teh 500gr hanhbrghur"

IMG
Why did Facebook have to happen anyway :(
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Fuck Favebook.

I still don't want to stoop low enough to actually use it.

Plus, they finally erased my fake profile. That was probably inevitable, but I was disappointed.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven

crows can't get facebook

also where the fuck is Tatsuin? You'd think he would make a trimphant return to chat and shitpost photos form the Japanese grocery along with bags of shit from hard-offs, and new memes to the oBey thread

BUT NO

He's king of Farkbook. and they worship him as the god of turbo, sitting atop his mountain of syscards. After seeing the for sale forums and the truly inane posts I deadpooled from all the PCE groups other than here. Seeing a rehash of a meme that you or a friend created and seeing that then rehashed and re-memed with some n00B I've never heard of who wasn't there for the joke all up in my ear going

HEY DO YOU OBEY THE PC ENGINE HAY TATS TELL'EM STEVEDAVE.

takeaway: its good to be king

PukeSter

Japan has been drained of all the good bargain games. I was just there actually (3rd visit for family). Did pick up some n64 games though.

For all the anti-Facebook old farts, there is a new arkanoid port on hucard. You'll have to buy it though, no rom.

You dudes probably could shoot him a Facebook message though.

I still refuse to join twitter. It's a fucking cesspool

Gypsy

Quote from: PukeSter on 03/17/2018, 09:19 AMJapan has been drained of all the good bargain games. I was just there actually (3rd visit for family). Did pick up some n64 games though.
Yeah Japan has been strip mined. Maybe one could find some pce vns for 100 yen each. Maaaybe.

CrackTiger

Quote from: PukeSter on 03/17/2018, 09:19 AMJapan has been drained of all the good bargain games. I was just there actually (3rd visit for family). Did pick up some n64 games though.

For all the anti-Facebook old farts, there is a new arkanoid port on hucard. You'll have to buy it though, no rom.

There's been an Arkanoid port for PC Engine with mouse support for like 20 years. Hopefully someone other than the authors isn't just slapping it on a HuCard for an easy profit.

Edit: just did a quick search to see if I could find that Arkanoid HuCard. Came across a PC Engine homebrew group. One of the recent posts asked:

"Is there an English rom hack of Adventure Island?"
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gypsy

Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/17/2018, 10:26 AM"Is there an English rom hack of Adventure Island?"
LOL god damn it.

PukeSter

Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/17/2018, 10:26 AM

There's been an Arkanoid port for PC Engine with mouse support for like 20 years. Hopefully someone other than the authors isn't just slapping it on a HuCard for an easy profit.

Edit: just did a quick search to see if I could find that Arkanoid HuCard. Came across a PC Engine homebrew group. One of the recent posts asked:

That's some interesting info, thanks BT. Had no idea a previous Arkanoid port existed.

It should be in "Turbo Reproductions"...you have to join in order to see the pics. No mouse support, and the weirdest thing is that the hucard has a physical switch to change the number of lives.

Does anyone know who Zach Spears is, on pcefx at least? He runs Turbo Town along with Arkhan.

PukeSter

Blue you kinda are right about the obeying of Tats. Some random member put the time into making this strange birthday gif

http://www.birdfolk.co.uk/cyrill/cyrill.html

nectarsis

Quote from: PukeSter on 03/17/2018, 11:02 AMBlue you kinda are right about the obeying of Tats. Some random member put the time into making this strange birthday gif

the person who made that is a longtime member here ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

TheClash603

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/17/2018, 11:28 AM
Quote from: PukeSter on 03/17/2018, 11:02 AMBlue you kinda are right about the obeying of Tats. Some random member put the time into making this strange birthday gif

the person who made that is a longtime member here ;)
I miss Tats, he was one of the best guys to talk to when he was here.  I am VERY anti-facebook though, so I'll give up on further conversation if joining is what it would take.

At least it's good to see he's getting laid on his birthday too.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PukeSter on 03/17/2018, 09:19 AMFor all the anti-Facebook old farts, there is a new arkanoid port on hucard. You'll have to buy it though, no rom.

So, Jodi (the person who made that) really isn't offering it as a free download even though he ported it? (It being, someone else's code and artwork)

You can only buy it?

Fuck that. 

That's literally the problem with the PCE scene now.

Assholes treating everyone like a profit machine.  Your FB friends are not an ATM machine to feed you.

Dude didn't interact with the dev community at large AFAIK, didn't post it in the other PCE groups, and sure as fuck didn't post it here.

Nope, it's apparently just in his TurboReproductions overpriced HuCard circle jerk group.

HEY JODI

IF YOU READ THIS

MAKE THE ROM FREE, OR GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Nobody should buy that HuCard or support bullshit like that. 

That's what it is.   Bullshit.

The newer PCE people have fucked everything up.

They took the torch we were all carrying, pissed on it, threw it on the ground, and limp biscuited it.

Fucking.
Dumb.

EDIT: Zach's handle is Rockabilly Paradise

ZachSpears

Quote from: PukeSter on 03/17/2018, 10:59 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/17/2018, 10:26 AM

That's some interesting info, thanks BT. Had no idea a previous Arkanoid port existed.

It should be in "Turbo Reproductions"...you have to join in order to see the pics. No mouse support, and the weirdest thing is that the hucard has a physical switch to change the number of lives.

Does anyone know who Zach Spears is, on pcefx at least? He runs Turbo Town along with Arkhan.
I'm Zach. I started Turbo Town (formerly TurboGrafx 16 and PC Engine Fans) I regret half the things that happen in that group, but we are starting to attempt to separate the wheat from the chaff and get things back to normal. I'm considering ending the sales function of the group, since most new people only seem to be interested in joining only to sell things and then are never heard from again, or cease to participate, thus leading to their eventual dismissal.

Arkhan Asylum

I just remove people that block me.  lol

blueraven

I just unsubscribed from all of the groups 3 months ago and gave up of "The Turbo of FB" because all of the inane, stupid gamerfucks who were clogging up my feed, and FB is a festering shitpile that attracts the worst type of "gamers" who are actually scam-artist collectors who DGAF about hte community.
SO yeah. CAW.
The flame of PCE resides here... and fuck facebook.

seieienbu

I'm in a couple of facebook groups and it seems like it's all price checks, pickups, and screenshots of the title screens.  The screenshot threads are full of either "I've never heard of this game!" or "Such a great game!" responses.  I'm left wondering if people in the groups play the games at all as I don't see much evidence of it...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Arkhan Asylum

The FB groups are shit.

It's a bunch of wannabes trying to form a community that basically just wants to make money off each other.

Real world equivalent would be a Flea Market where everyone is BFFs as they trade back and forth all goddamn day and do nothing else.

NoSexGex

FB groups have been quite disappointing in the last few years. Previously taboo subjects like PCEWorks, selling overpriced shit and extreme collecting are now acceptable. Still don't understand what started this shift
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

seieienbu

Fighting game groups have gotten worse over the past 3~5 years as well.  Nobody actually wants to play, they just want to shit post.  It's not even like, call outs or anything leading to matches.  It's just stupid shit now.  It's really depressing how all the fire seems to have left my region completely.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NoSexGex on 03/19/2018, 12:46 AMFB groups have been quite disappointing in the last few years. Previously taboo subjects like PCEWorks, selling overpriced shit and extreme collecting are now acceptable. Still don't understand what started this shift
people threw their integrity out the window to make money off their FB friends.

NoSexGex

"PCEWorks are ok for people that just wanna play the games"
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NoSexGex on 03/19/2018, 02:36 AM"PCEWorks are ok for people that just wanna play the games"
that was the idea at first and people were going to distribute for free but then it somehow turned into money again.

and then all the other repro shit exploded.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NoSexGex on 03/19/2018, 12:46 AMFB groups have been quite disappointing in the last few years. Previously taboo subjects like PCEWorks, selling overpriced shit and extreme collecting are now acceptable. Still don't understand what started this shift
There's no sense of community in a Facebook group. Ironically something that has your real picture, name and life is less personal than a semi anonymous message board like PCEFX.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 03/19/2018, 03:00 AM
There's no sense of community in a Facebook group. Ironically something that has your real picture, name and life is less personal than a semi anonymous message board like PCEFX.
Yeah, and it's something where people share the shit they buy everyday and post endless pictures of their fuckin gamerooms.

But nope, not very community driven.

OldRover

Pics of game rooms used to be something special. Now it's a cliché.