Can anybody with an original copy of Neo Nectaris check something for me?

Started by toaks, 03/12/2018, 09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toaks

I'm using a Turboripped copy of Neo Nectaris. When I use the ingame sound menu, cd track 25 is a much lower volume than the rest of the tracks, and track 26 and up do not play. Is this the same on an original copy or do I  have a bad rip? Thanks!

toaks

Quote from: guest on 03/12/2018, 09:27 PMPirating is evil.

That said, I'll try to check on this. The utility you cited has been known to include malware so there is no telling. Shoot me a PM and I'll let you know what I find.
I know. lol. I'm just using it to look for any glitches on the Super SD System 3 with a Supergrafx. Just trying to see if its the game itself, the rip, or the device.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 03/12/2018, 09:27 PMThe utility you cited has been known to include malware so there is no telling.
No, it does not "include malware" which is a claim of intent on my part you petty lying trollbag, it gets false positives by a % of anti-virus software which is a problem that occurs frequently enough to all kinds of software!

I scanned the builds with Windows 10 MS Defender and the MS Edge internal scanner because of these reports, and they come up clean: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=1604.msg514474#msg514474

The majority of anti-virus scanners in this test show it as clean, all but 2:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/c2f63852b23283940ccdffbad5bd4f711a05091ff245c5cad2adc2df6f3e98ae/detection

toaks

Yea I have to say it showed up clean on my system. I scanned for virus and malware and both looked good. Not sure what he was referring to.

OldRover

TurboRip doesn't contain malware. It's been false flagged before because of how heuristic scanners work. It's nothing out of the ordinary. There's a good reason why most scanners don't find any fault with it. I've even had clean software false flagged for trojan behavior in the past.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

tbone3969

TurboRip is clean as a virgin's vagina and so sweet.  Thanks NightWolve.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

toaks

Quote from: tbone3969 on 03/12/2018, 10:23 PMTurboRip is clean as a virgin's vagina and so sweet.  Thanks NightWolve.
LOL. Nicely said!!

NightWolve

Quote from: tbone3969 on 03/12/2018, 10:23 PMTurboRip is clean as a virgin's vagina and so sweet.  Thanks NightWolve for blessing us with the wonders of your coding.
Ha! Thanks man.

Quote from: guest on 03/12/2018, 10:30 PMIt's ok, but you should mention when an app force spams a website on launch. Worse than spam... Forces you there. Wtf...
Petty trollbag at it again... "WHAT about XSEED Games ?? WHAT about this, WHAT about that, WHAT about TurboRip version-checking by opening a browser window ?? I should get to KEEP SPAMMING DILDOPHILE.com any time I want here!!! Free dildos for all, why you so against that ??? Waaaah waaaah waaaah waaaah!!! NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR!!!!"

Now he's desperate for false equivalencies to his abusive forum-harvesting spam jobs on the PCEFX chatbox, failed forum-thief that he is! You wanna push this far, don't you ??

Newsflash: Almost every free piece of software on App stores nowadays will show ads by making HTTP requests and displaying the ad in place. I can't do that with TurboRip, I just open the link, the default browser handles it, a version check occurs for a new version, and it redirects to display Google ads which is a means for supporting the software creator. It keeps the software free, and by also clicking the ad, it helps put additional pennies is his/her pocket.

If you do not agree with these usage terms, which you'll realize the first time, STOP using the software, and your problem is solved... End of the story, bullity! "Durrr, it opened a window to the same place I downloaded it from, that scared me bro!!! For reals!!!"

Now, how do we stop YOU and your spam gang from unwanted DildoPhile.com spam here on PCEFX ?? THAT is the pertinent question here! You can delete TurboRip, then it's over, but you...deletion wouldn't EVER stop a troll like you, would it...? We'll be stuck with you until the very end of this forum in whatever harvesting desperation to fish whatever members are left by then, assuming you finally haven't pulled the plug on a forum that's already on life support... No win situation either way...

pixeljunkie

SignOfZeta

I assumed that this was a joke. I laughed. I didn't know it was a joke based on reality. That makes it much funnier but also much harder for some people to appreciate the joke.

I ditched Windows at home years ago but my experiences with Turborip were %100 positive. It's a basic program that worked perfectly from what I remember. It's now the standard, as far as I know. I certainly wouldn't use anything else (in Windows).

The dildophile needs to learn that not everyone thinks Tim and Eric are the greatest thing in the history of performance art. A lot of people just don't get their humor at all and some do but don't enjoy it at all which is even worse because then people think you just don't get it when in fact you do, you just don't like it, or don't like it so much. Try being "traditionally funny" once in a while to balance out all the WTF-ing. Let your audience touch ground once in a while.
IMG

NE146

Quote from: toaks on 03/12/2018, 09:07 PMI'm using a Turboripped copy of Neo Nectaris. When I use the ingame sound menu, cd track 25 is a much lower volume than the rest of the tracks, and track 26 and up do not play. Is this the same on an original copy or do I  have a bad rip? Thanks!
I tried a real CD and I can't get anything past 25 as well.. maybe 25 is simply the last track?  As far as volume it doesn't sound a whole lot lower to me aside from the natural recording of it. Then again I only tried it on a low grade CRT with a single mono speaker. :)

On another note.. are you able to get past the intro animation on your ripped copy? On my ripped copies I have to use a password to play stage 1 else it freezes on the intro movie. It plays 100% fine otherwise. Only on the real disc am I able to start the game from stage 1 naturally through the intro movie.

Oh and this is on a real Duo..  on emulator all discs (burned and original) play fine.

NightWolve

http://www.necstasy.net
QuoteTrack 24   Audio   54:22:63   LBA=244563
Track 25   Audio   56:45:03   LBA=255228
Track 26   Audio   58:42:29   LBA=264029
Track 27   Audio   62:06:48   LBA=279348
Track 28   Audio   62:49:64   LBA=282589
Track 29   Audio   64:12:04   LBA=288754
Track 30   Audio   65:18:00   LBA=293700
Track 31   Data   67:57:66   LBA=305691
Leadout   68:22:51   LBA 307551
Track 31 is the last backup track, audio tracks before that.

toaks

Yea what's crazy, is if you put the cd in a computer, you can listen to tracks 26-30. They are valid music tracks, but they are silent in the music test menu. Not sure whats up. If you click on the cd in explorer though, all it shows on the disc is a 1kb Track01.cda. Don't know if that's normal with Turbo CD's, or maybe I didn't burn it correctly? It does not load the intro video on my Duo either but plays normally on emulators. Will have to test it on the Super SD System 3 when it gets here. Thanks for checking your original for me NE146. Greatly appreciated!

SignOfZeta

Windows started ignoring non-standard CD formats a while back. It used to display differently in the 16 bit versions.
IMG

SignOfZeta

This is driving me nuts for some reason. I wish I had the game to test this.
IMG

toaks

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/13/2018, 08:20 PMThis is driving me nuts for some reason. I wish I had the game to test this.
Me too man, me too. lol

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

exodus

Surprised how few people have this game! I was sure I'd come back in a few days and someone else would've beaten me to it.

Anyway, here's your answer: It's the "same" on a legit disc. I say "same" because track 25 is the intro music, which starts low and gets louder by design. If your version doesn't get louder, that's strange, but yeah, otherwise that's what it does. tracks 26 and up are nothing. I remember thinking this was weird back in the day because of course the game doesn't have 99 cd tracks, right? They just made the menu without taking into account how many tracks there were because it was easier. I even remember looking through them all to find something "hidden," but now I recognize they were just taking an easy road :P

Also there are 31 tracks on this disc, yes, but some is data, and some is cutscene/VO stuff, and they just didn't include that stuff in the "CD music" section, so you wind up with 25 tracks.

So I'm gonna say your rip is working as intended, unless somehow your track 25 doesn't get louder after the first 5 seconds, but that'd be a real weird specific thing.

roflmao

I'll check my version and report back. If I think about it I'll record a video so you can listen along! :D

EDIT:

toaks

Quote from: roflmao on 04/04/2018, 11:49 PMI'll check my version and report back. If I think about it I'll record a video so you can listen along! :D

EDIT:
Thanks for this update.

toaks

Quote from: NE146 on 03/13/2018, 05:57 PM
Quote from: toaks on 03/12/2018, 09:07 PMI'm using a Turboripped copy of Neo Nectaris. When I use the ingame sound menu, cd track 25 is a much lower volume than the rest of the tracks, and track 26 and up do not play. Is this the same on an original copy or do I  have a bad rip? Thanks!
I tried a real CD and I can't get anything past 25 as well.. maybe 25 is simply the last track?  As far as volume it doesn't sound a whole lot lower to me aside from the natural recording of it. Then again I only tried it on a low grade CRT with a single mono speaker. :)

On another note.. are you able to get past the intro animation on your ripped copy? On my ripped copies I have to use a password to play stage 1 else it freezes on the intro movie. It plays 100% fine otherwise. Only on the real disc am I able to start the game from stage 1 naturally through the intro movie.

Oh and this is on a real Duo..  on emulator all discs (burned and original) play fine.
Hey just a quick update for you NE146. I tried loading the rip on the Super SD System 3 that wouldn't get past the intro video on my Duo. It loads perfectly! I don't know what is preventing it from working on the Duo but yea it works great on the SsdS3.