New Member and Fairly New PC Engine Owner

Started by JenosaidoZombie, 04/07/2018, 11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JenosaidoZombie

Hey everyone.  New guy here and wanted to say whats up! I've had a PC Engine Dou-R for about two months now and loving it. I've been collecting games for years now but finally got into the PCE scene. I was having trouble with my Dou reading disc and found this site while searching for answers. The caps had already been replaced and it had been working pretty good for about a month until sound started cutting out, graphical glitches and slow loading started then the "please set disc" error set in. Long story short, I found a repair guide about adjusting the pots on here and after a few hours of tuning I've able to play all my games again! I really just wanna say thanks for the guide and all the useful information on the site!

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

And congratulations for getting 'er working good again.  Now go play some Hatris!  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sarumaru

Hiya! Welcome aboard. Hopefully you stick around for a while and get to enjoy all the greats that the PCE has to offer :)  :yuki:

wildfruit

Welcome. You may now play the Ys series. Enjoy.

JenosaidoZombie

Quote from: Đ…arumaru on 04/09/2018, 07:18 PMHiya! Welcome aboard. Hopefully you stick around for a while and get to enjoy all the greats that the PCE has to offer :)  :yuki:
Oh I will, I've invested too much money this now! Also I noticed your username. Sorry if this is a dumb question but do you have anything to do with FX Unit Yuki?? I just downloaded and burned the demo to play last night! I also pre-ordered yesterday.

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/09/2018, 07:26 PMWelcome. You may now play the Ys series. Enjoy.
So about the Ys games... the Japanese version is so much cheaper but is the story so good I'll want the american version?

NecroPhile

Quote from: JenosaidoZombie on 04/10/2018, 02:15 PMOh I will, I've invested too much money this now! Also I noticed your username. Sorry if this is a dumb question but do you have anything to do with FX Unit Yuki??
Yep, it's Saruman of the Yuki tittles.

Quote from: JenosaidoZombie on 04/10/2018, 02:15 PMSo about the Ys games... the Japanese version is so much cheaper but is the story so good I'll want the american version? 
Heck yeah!  It's not just the story - the voice acting is awesome.... at least for Ys I & II.  Ys III's voice acting is rough.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: JenosaidoZombie on 04/07/2018, 11:04 PMHey everyone.  New guy here and wanted to say whats up! I've had a PC Engine Dou-R for about two months now and loving it. I've been collecting games for years now but finally got into the PCE scene. I was having trouble with my Dou reading disc and found this site while searching for answers. The caps had already been replaced and it had been working pretty good for about a month until sound started cutting out, graphical glitches and slow loading started then the "please set disc" error set in. Long story short, I found a repair guide about adjusting the pots on here and after a few hours of tuning I've able to play all my games again! I really just wanna say thanks for the guide and all the useful information on the site!
Welcome, comrade.

:)

Hopefully your Duo will be back in top-form ASAP.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JenosaidoZombie