Sapphire is underrated.

Started by SuperDeadite, 04/09/2018, 06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDeadite

Whenever a Sapphire discussion pops up, it always ends up being a discussion about....
1.. prerendered polys? lol
2.. too expensive!
3.. oh no boots!
4.. it doesn't play like my favorite, but completely unrelated shooter!
If you are one of these people,
SHUT THE FUCK UP!

SAPPHIRE IS GAMING TRANQUILITY 
1.  Price of a game has no connection to it's quality.
2.  The art-style is fantastic.
3.  The animation is fantastic.
4.  The gameplay is fun.  (Good games are fun.)
5.  The music was clearly performed by ninjas stabbing great white sharks with whammy bars.
6.  Sapphire herself is hot.  Way hotter then what anyone reading this will ever get to bone.
She is clearly the type of cop to hold her cuban cigar between her boobies as she sits on Bruce Campbell's face with a twinkle of pure domination in her eyes.

If you think Sapphire is overrated, then please go play more Radiant Faggotgun.
Good-bye.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Gypsy

Take it to fighting street. :p

That said, Sapphire rocks.

ClodBusted

Psycho Punch

you mean an expensive game is a must play?

reeeeeeeeeeeee
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

CrackTiger

The backgrounds and most of the sprites are pixelart.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SignOfZeta

I agree with everything but gameplay, which isn't as good as other games I don't bother to own. I bought it for the graphics, straight up, didn't eventually get drawn into the gameplay. I'd much rather play Star Parodia.
IMG

Groover

This is the one game my Duo-R is having trouble playing and I tested out two different Acrcade Cards. It played once and then never again. I know my Duo-R is a rats nest from the seller I got it a few years ago on ebay. I hope to get the mod work cleaned up and then maybe I can play it again.
IMG

PukeSter

Deadite, it's been a while! I hope you are doing well but it seems you're triggered over a mere thread unrelated to you. Sorry Deadite, we all got different opinions. Sapphire isn't bad at all but I prefer other pc engine shooters. I literally do not care about price.

If you really want to get nasty with me, go back to your doujin X68k shooters. I may not be the oldest member on the board, or live in a tiny apartment in Japan, but I've been playing pce for a solid decade now. I know what games I like, what games I love, and what games I don't care about at this point.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you get some unconventional opinions from all types of people. Some people prefer Dracula X snes over Rondo on pce. But everybody has their tastes.

NecroPhile

Quote from: PukeSter on 04/09/2018, 04:46 PMSome people prefer Dracula X snes over Rondo on pce.
NA fucktards?

:cook:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

soop

Opinion is subjective.  I like Cyber Core loads and no-one else seems to rate it.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

WoodyXP

Sapphire is great, my only knock on it is it's annoying sound effects.  It's like a couple notches below Rayxamber III in "pew-pew" annoyingness.
"I bathe in AES carts."

Gypsy

Quote from: soop on 04/09/2018, 05:49 PMOpinion is subjective.

Unless your opinion is Drac X > Rondo. Then you are not only wrong but destined for hellfire.

Quote from: soop on 04/09/2018, 05:49 PMI like Cyber Core loads and no-one else seems to rate it.
It's pretty good. I've played through it a couple times even.

GohanX

Quote from: guest on 04/09/2018, 05:30 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/09/2018, 04:46 PMSome people prefer Dracula X snes over Rondo on pce.
NA fucktards?

:cook:
Retarded hipsters mostly.

Tw3ek

Quote from: PukeSter on 04/09/2018, 04:46 PMEDIT: Forgot to mention, you get some unconventional opinions from all types of people. Some people prefer Dracula X snes over Rondo on pce. But everybody has their tastes.
Yea, nobody could possibly be that dense.

Sarumaru

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/09/2018, 06:56 AMIf you think Sapphire is overrated, then please go play more Radiant Faggotgun.
I'll play with YOUR faggotgun....

But srsly I love Sapphire. One of my favorite games that I cherish since I got my hands on it from Kisakus forever ago. 1. Love the music, 2. Mika Akitaka arts! 3. yer mawm.

It's pretty amazeballs and lots of people never really have anything to say about it except that it's expensive. But it's more than just a pricey game. Sapphire is not my favorite shooter, but it's definitely in my top few.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guest on 04/09/2018, 04:46 PMDeadite, it's been a while! I hope you are doing well but it seems you're triggered over a mere thread unrelated to you. Sorry Deadite, we all got different opinions. Sapphire isn't bad at all but I prefer other pc engine shooters. I literally do not care about price.

If you really want to get nasty with me, go back to your doujin X68k shooters. I may not be the oldest member on the board, or live in a tiny apartment in Japan, but I've been playing pce for a solid decade now. I know what games I like, what games I love, and what games I don't care about at this point.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you get some unconventional opinions from all types of people. Some people prefer Dracula X snes over Rondo on pce. But everybody has their tastes.
Hello.  Nice to meet you.
1.  triggered?  what does this mean, I don't speak facebook
2.  Old?  I ain't that old...yet... XD
3.  Japan? Yes.  Tiny apartment?  No.  My house has a garden and a 3 car wide drive way.

Were you the one that made a post about Sapphire being overrated?  I don't even look at names or listen
to what others have to say.  I made a topic about Sapphire because I like Sapphire.  What's wrong with that?  Oh and the single-malt I was drinking at the time helps too.
I'm not really sure what the X68000 has to do with this topic though.  Great system, but has no effect on the awesomeness of Sapphire.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/09/2018, 08:40 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/09/2018, 04:46 PMDeadite, it's been a while! I hope you are doing well but it seems you're triggered over a mere thread unrelated to you. Sorry Deadite, we all got different opinions. Sapphire isn't bad at all but I prefer other pc engine shooters. I literally do not care about price.

Hello.  Nice to meet you.
1.  triggered?  what does this mean, I don't speak facebook
2.  Old?  I ain't that old...yet... XD
3.  Japan? Yes.  Tiny apartment?  No.  My house has a garden and a 3 car wide drive way.

Were you the one that made a post about Sapphire being overrated?  I don't even look at names or listen
to what others have to say.  I made a topic about Sapphire because I like Sapphire.  What's wrong with that?  Oh and the single-malt I was drinking at the time helps too.
I'm not really sure what the X68000 has to do with this topic though.  Great system, but has no effect on the awesomeness of Sapphire.
BahjajJjJjjjJjJjjajjjjjjajajahahahahahah.

:)

I just finished reading the Sapphire thread, so imagine the PURE DELIGHT I experienced when I read this (shorter, but just as delicious) ICING ON THE CAKE.

These threads are the reason why I love pcefx and I utterly despise the superficiality of FacialBook (and sadly, chatbox 99.99% of the time).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EmperorIng

I've read the posts of a few trusted individuals on other forums that assure me that Sapphire is one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, shooter of the 16bit era. At least one of those individuals 1CC'd every single 16bit console shooter in existence before making that assessment, so that has to count for something.  :atlantean:

Just based on what I have read, I have to applaud Sapphire for being about a generation ahead of the thinking that dominates most shooters from its era (and console). Most shooters on the PC Engine are content to let you shoot, bomb, and whatever, fight the boss the end lol. By adding the pod attacks which boost the points value of enemies killed, it takes a simple idea and adds a lot of risk and reward to the game. By the mid 90s shootemups were really starting to take strides forward from their 80s predecessors - in terms of incorporating numerous different playstyles. Judging by the results, I suppose Hudson was the beneficiary of designing a shooter so late in the system's life-span!

I really need to play it one of these days. I wish Daemon Tools Lite didn't turn into full-on bloat/ad/malware, since those automatic "mount drive" functions on Windows 10 don't work for dick on emuparadise ISOs (or any of the ISOs I have for that matter). Anyone use anything different (and free) for mounting them? I guess I could burn it but then I'd need that damn arcade card...

gheebee

Quote from: EmperorIng on 04/11/2018, 10:36 PMAnyone use anything different (and free) for mounting them? I guess I could burn it but then I'd need that damn arcade card...
Give Virtual Clone Drive a try. I haven't used it much for PCE stuff but it's worth a shot since it's free.

EmperorIng

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it still says the iso's are corrupted (bullshit - they work fine on my Windows 7 laptop w/ DaemonToolsLite - the old version before they became scamware). I wonder if it's a Windows 10 problem... just another reason to hate Windows 10 if so.  ](*,)

At this point I might just burn a disc - which sorta defeats the purpose, but hey! Maybe I'll slap a sticker on it and bundle with a bottle of coke zero and sell it for $400 on ebay.  :cook:

esteban

Quote from: EmperorIng on 04/12/2018, 07:48 PMThanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it still says the iso's are corrupted (bullshit - they work fine on my Windows 7 laptop w/ DaemonToolsLite - the old version before they became scamware). I wonder if it's a Windows 10 problem... just another reason to hate Windows 10 if so.  ](*,)

At this point I might just burn a disc - which sorta defeats the purpose, but hey! Maybe I'll slap a sticker on it and bundle with a bottle of coke zero and sell it for $400 on ebay.  :cook:
Hahahjajajaja.

$$$ retromonies $$$

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

seieienbu

One of the worst things about liking Turbo stuff is the fact that the expensive stuff is generally stuff that you'd actually want to play.  Anyone who cares about NES world championships, starfox weekend, or stadium events does so only because they're expensive.  I can see a legitimate reason somebody would want to play Sapphire, Magical Chase, Dracula X, Beyond Shadowgate, Lords of Thunder, or a dozen others. 

Sapphire isn't my favorite shooter but it's a Damn good game.  The graphics are unbelievable and the soundtrack absolutely rocks.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NightWolve

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/09/2018, 08:40 PM1.  triggered?  what does this mean, I don't speak facebook
Heh. That's impressive if you truly haven't heard triggered slang usage. Maybe a good thing too!

MNKyDeth

Quote from: EmperorIng on 04/12/2018, 07:48 PMThanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it still says the iso's are corrupted (bullshit - they work fine on my Windows 7 laptop w/ DaemonToolsLite - the old version before they became scamware). I wonder if it's a Windows 10 problem... just another reason to hate Windows 10 if so.  ](*,)

A bit off topic on my part.
I have tried nearly everything to strip "windows defender security system" from my win10 install. I am finding if it does not like certain legit programs it flags them as a virus and then disables or removes them. A bit of self conjecture leads me to believe Microsoft will eventually only let approved software run on there OS and nothing else. Even if the software is safe and not really a threat in any way.

As for Sapphire.... I am impressed with it's looks on the TG16 hardware. I have not beaten it yet but it is an enjoyable game for when I am in the mood for something like it. I do show it off to people as well when they are over and they have an interest in vintage gaming.

gheebee

Sorry to hear. There are some other programs out there, most are commercial, but I've never used them and even if I had I'm on Win7 so YMMV may vary on Win10 anyway. The only other free one I can think of off the top of my head is WinCDEmu, which might be worth a try.

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 04/12/2018, 11:58 PMA bit of self conjecture leads me to believe Microsoft will eventually only let approved software run on there OS and nothing else. Even if the software is safe and not really a threat in any way.
They're already doing this, see "Windows 10 S"; it only allows apps from the app store to be installed on it. A company I do work for asked me to set up some Surfaces with this pre-loaded on them and if it were not for the ability to change back to regular Windows 10 for free (for now...) I wouldn't have been able to do anything with them because nothing they use is in the app store.

Psycho Punch

At least it will be the chance that the Linux zealots always hoped to have for conquering the marketplace. I can't see myself using windows if it restricts what I can do with my own computer.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp