10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Billy Mitchell

Started by KnightWarrior, 04/12/2018, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightWarrior

He got stripped & banned from Competition

I don't feel bad about the cheater

soop

More like MILLY BITCHELL, MIRITE?!
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

ToyMachine78

Better focus on expanding that hot sauce line.

esteban

Quote from: soop on 04/12/2018, 06:17 PMMore like MILLY BITCHELL, MIRITE?!
Hagsgdfsgs! I needed that, comrade.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

One day meme will be all there is.

The. billy will be king again.

NoSexGex

Disappointing, he's one of the few og "retro gaming" celebs people can identify with. I'm guessing that Atari Dragster world record brought this into the spotlight
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

SignOfZeta

Identify with? I identify with every poor bastard that ever knew the guy. He's the absolute quintessence of a specific subspecies of douche I've known a dozen examples of in my life. Most people have. Is that what you mean, that he's a sort of common shithead foil in everyone's life? Like Biff Tanen or Jimmy Hart? That I can see.
IMG

ClodBusted

NoSexGex

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/12/2018, 11:33 PMIdentify with? I identify with every poor bastard that ever knew the guy. He's the absolute quintessence of a specific subspecies of douche I've known a dozen examples of in my life. Most people have. Is that what you mean, that he's a sort of common shithead foil in everyone's life? Like Biff Tanen or Jimmy Hart? That I can see.
Guys a legend even my dad knows who he is, who described Mario once as "the red jumping guy". He still has a huge following too it looks like, just reading his newly edited'd wiki page. Definitely a name people would still recognize and identify him rooted in the retro video game community.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2018, 03:30 AM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/12/2018, 11:33 PMIdentify with? I identify with every poor bastard that ever knew the guy. He's the absolute quintessence of a specific subspecies of douche I've known a dozen examples of in my life. Most people have. Is that what you mean, that he's a sort of common shithead foil in everyone's life? Like Biff Tanen or Jimmy Hart? That I can see.
Guys a legend even my dad knows who he is, who described Mario once as "the red jumping guy". He still has a huge following too it looks like, just reading his newly edited'd wiki page. Definitely a name people would still recognize and identify him rooted in the retro video game community.
I guess you meant people could "identify" him, and not "identify with" him.  Just like a lot of people could "identify" Pac Man. :P

TheClash603

Did he ever achieve any of his scores in live competition?

This seems like a Barry Bonds case, where the guy was a legit top tier player on the planet, but that wasn't good enough.  So rather than being one of the best, he was threatened and cheated to be the absolute best.  It's pretty shameful, to lose everything he legitimately earned, due to some complex.

soop

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/13/2018, 08:08 AMDid he ever achieve any of his scores in live competition?

This seems like a Barry Bonds case, where the guy was a legit top tier player on the planet, but that wasn't good enough.  So rather than being one of the best, he was threatened and cheated to be the absolute best.  It's pretty shameful, to lose everything he legitimately earned, due to some complex.
A good analogy.  He was also allegedly an awful person personality wise too. Very self absorbed.

Has anyone ever seen the Regular Show episode about him?
http://regularshow.wikia.com/wiki/High_Score

IMG
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 04/13/2018, 07:48 AM
I guess you meant people could "identify" him, and not "identify with" him.  Just like a lot of people could "identify" Pac Man. :P
He still has fans because a$$holes like him have spent their lives surrounded by yes men and toadies. Those fans are dipshits who think there is some reason to love a guy for his records when his cheating is known. They don't care if he cheats anymore than people care if Trump cheats. They basically have constructed a reality in their head where their hero is always the good guy and anyone who takes away from that is simply a hater, no matter what the mountains of evidence say.

It's pretty obvious you're one of those submissive beta male types. There should be a more socially acceptable way for people to bail on toppled dirtbags. Its OK. You can flip flop on things sometimes, this is %100 one of those situations although I imagine you'll be sticking up for crooked cops and pedo priests your whole life. Some people are just born to be servile to even those with the most skant traces of authority.

Btw, I hate football and know nothing about it but I can name many of the criminals associated with it. I don't know what a conversion is but I know OJ Simpson's prison record. That's Billy Mitchel's lot in life now. He's the most famous person who ever did something and he's famous for cheating at it. Obviously he hasn't murdered his family yet so I don't need anyone to point out the different in magnitude between the two scumbags but the point is the same. Billy Mitchel is now mostly famous for cheating, and knowing that you have SO MANY of his lies on record it should be impossible for anyone with a functioning sense of honor to stand by guy.

...but then there is "loyalty". And loyalty and honor are not the same but the person you're being loyal to thinks they are and will tell you they are. People who aren't loyal will just wonder WFT you're doing standing up for a career liar.
IMG

spenoza

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/13/2018, 08:08 AMDid he ever achieve any of his scores in live competition?
I don't think any of his high scores were from live competitions, but the times he has competed live, it's clear he's a very good player. That's the thing, he's skilled enough to get records, but he's so determined to constantly be on top that his skill just wasn't enough for him. He had to take it that one step further. At least, that's my impression of him. It's a shame, too.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: soop on 04/12/2018, 06:17 PMMore like MILLY BITCHELL, MIRITE?!
I say that all the time.   Lol its funny as fuck to me.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

I can't get too worked up over high-score stuff.  Unless it's played live in front of a bunch of impartial witnesses, the chance is always there that it's faked.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2018, 01:12 PMI can't get too worked up over high-score stuff.  Unless it's played live in front of a bunch of impartial witnesses, the chance is always there that it's faked.
I actually don't gaf about this shit at all, but the drama aspect is entertaining. That was my stance with Rogers too.

I legit wouldn't have known about either guy existing, or the cheat situations if they weren't brought up by people I talk (type?) to regularly.

NecroPhile

Agreed, the drama is definitely lulzworthy.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

I only became aware of these people and twin galaxies because of the movie/documentary.

And I only learned of the documentary because of this forum and YouTube.

And I only watched it at the time because I was still a college student and had loads of free time.

But now I have no feee time and don't care enough to feel it's sensalrional news.

What's next people gong to lose their minds over olypiance doping to excel?  Oh wait.

In a sense they still achieved the feat themselves.

Sure Billy came off as a tool in the movie. And it could be said they hyped him to give the movie some drama.

But I also hear from people who have met him in real life say he is a dick as well.

So. Not sure where I was going with this. Going to side step out.

NoSexGex

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 04/13/2018, 07:48 AM
Quote from: NoSexGex on 04/13/2018, 03:30 AM
yeeee, like people identify Tony Hawk being within the skateboarding community

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/13/2018, 09:59 AMIt's pretty obvious you're one of those submissive beta male types. There should be a more socially acceptable way for people to bail on toppled dirtbags. Its OK. You can flip flop on things sometimes, this is %100 one of those situations although I imagine you'll be sticking up for crooked cops and pedo priests your whole life. Some people are just born to be servile to even those with the most skant traces of authority.
I love you  :lol:

Bloufo

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/13/2018, 05:44 PMI only became aware of these people and twin galaxies because of the movie/documentary.
Oh yeah, I saw that as well. 'King of Con', or something along those lines.  :P