@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

TurboFest Tour 2018 - Second Stop VGS on July 14th!!

Started by chany60126, 05/16/2018, 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chany60126

Turbo Fest is returning to Chicagoland!! The summertime classic is back with more fun and more games to play. Come take part in our exciting 5-player Battle Lode Runner and Bomberman 94 tourney matches. Then try to navigate the treacherous obstacles 1941 Counter Attack throws your way in this high scoring shooter tournament. Great prizes for the winners.

Tournament times are as follows:

Battle Lode Runner: 11 AM
Bomberman 94: 1 PM
1941 Counter Attack: 3 PM

The event will take place July 14th at the Odeum Expo Center. The address is 1033 N. Villa Ave. Villa Park,IL. Villa Park is located a couple of miles west of Chicago. Turbo Fest is part of a retro-gaming convention called the Video Game Summit (VGS). The show, as well as Turbo Fest, will run from 10 AM-6 PM. There will be people selling retro games and many other tournaments for other consoles as well.

Admission to the convention is $10, but the price is well worth the admission. Entrance into our tournaments is 100% free. We would love to meet fellow T-16 enthusiasts such as yourselves. 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Come spend the day with your PCEFX brethren.

Let's keep the good times rolling!

IMG

aslbozz

Yes!!!! So glad you all are still going to represent at VGS, thanks for sticking with us guys and gals!!!

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

NightWolve

Good ole Odeum, I been there once or twice when they used to do Halloween Fright Night events. They mostly host soccer games from what I remember passing by it.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/19/2018, 01:51 PMGood ole Odeum, I been there once or twice when they used to do Halloween Fright Night events. They mostly host soccer games from what I remember passing by it.
Haydes Haunted House is usually there around Halloween.

They host a lot of small concerts, random events, minor league professional boxing, wrestling and MMA shows.
--DragonmasterDan

NightWolve

That's interesting MMA events are now hosted there, I read that yesterday after looking at the Odeum's Wikipedia page.

Yeah, you're right, it was called Hades Haunted House but looks like the organizers stopped using that location since the late 90's or so.

Only thing I can remember is dry ice fog effect (of course), flashing lights, walking through as dudes in ghost costume would drop an iron pipe for the impact sound effect and come towards you, etc. Heh.

But anyway, I still pass by there once in a while when I need building materials from a retailer called HOBO, it's within walking distance from Odeum.

The only Chicagoland HOBO location on Grand Ave. closed a couple of years ago which I miss, great stuff sometimes for prices that beat Home Depot or Menards.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/20/2018, 09:14 AMThat's interesting MMA events are now hosted there, I read that yesterday after looking at the Odeum's Wikipedia page.

Yeah, you're right, it was called Hades Haunted House but looks like the organizers stopped using that location since the late 90's or so.

Only thing I can remember is dry ice fog effect (of course), flashing lights, walking through as dudes in ghost costume would drop an iron pipe for the impact sound effect and come towards you, etc. Heh.

But anyway, I still pass by there once in a while when I need building materials from a retailer called HOBO, it's within walking distance from Odeum.

The only Chicagoland HOBO location on Grand Ave. closed a couple of years ago which I miss, great stuff sometimes for prices that beat Home Depot or Menards.
Yeah, the HOBO is in the North Park Mall we call the dirt mall. Inside the mall is mostly a giant flea market. I actually bought tiles and a fair number of materials at the one on North Avenue when I did some remodeling after buying my house four years ago.
--DragonmasterDan

Flare65

I was so busy with work, I completely forgot about this event....  :( 

Anyone go?  How was it?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Flare65 on 07/16/2018, 09:09 AMI was so busy with work, I completely forgot about this event....  :( 

Anyone go?  How was it?
It went well! Biggest vendor and attendee turnout yet
--DragonmasterDan