Retropie ROM images/description

Started by FiftyQuid, 07/14/2018, 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiftyQuid

Hi guys,

I've gotten into emulation the past month or two.  I'm using Retropie on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+

I've moved all my TG-16 roms over to it and now I'm in the process of scraping the artwork and descriptions.  I've managed to get the scrape to work, but I have found the images to be pretty low-res and the descriptions to be subpar.

Does anyone out there already have higher res images, better descriptions, and/or a gamelist.xml?

I thought I'd ask and see if anyone is willing to share before I re-invent the wheel.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Tim
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NightWolve

Bernie!

If anybody made a full PC Engine/TG-16 ROM pack with organized folders AND associated artwork/screencap images with game descriptions, it'd be him.

Already a given he has a full ROM pack that also includes recent translations/hackulations but I dunno if he went as far as images/descriptions.

He mostly hangs on Facebook, he'd have to be asked there.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/15/2018, 06:40 PMBernie!

If anybody made a full PC Engine/TG-16 ROM pack with organized folders AND associated artwork/screencap images with game descriptions, it'd be him.

Already a given he has a full ROM pack that also includes recent translations/hackulations but I dunno if he went as far as images/descriptions.

He mostly hangs on Facebook, he'd have to be asked there.
Thanks.  Bernie was kind enough to provide the roms to me many lifetimes ago.  I'm still using them in my TG-16 and now on the emulator. 

If anyone has Bernie's FB contact info could you please PM me?  Thank you.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NightWolve

Done, but I heard back from him and he said he never did ROM sets with all that extra stuff, preview images/descriptions... You should still get a new set from him though cause he likely has new hacks/translations in it.