10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

PC Engine featured in the Hi-Score Girl anime!

Started by Dark Fact, 07/23/2018, 12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Fact

Hey all! :)

Just thought I'd pop in for the first time in a while to let you know about a new anime that premiered in Japan this past week called Hi-Score Girl. The anime is about a kid named Haruo Yaguchi who is obsessed with arcade and console games but happens to develop a relationship with a mute girl named Akira Ono who happens to share his obsession.

It's a cute series for those of you who happened to watch it and the recent episode covered Haruo's obsession with the PC-Engine. :D

Games featured were The Kung Fu/China Warrior, R-Type, Bonk's Adventure/PC Genjin, Altered Beast, Darius Plus, and Splatterhouse!

The episode also talked about the affordability of Hu-Card games in Japan at the time as well as the sheer luxury of owning a PC-Engine GT! LOL! :lol:

Unfortunately, I won't put up the episode as I don't know whether it is permitted under PCENGINEFX's terms but here is a blog site that has screen grabs from the episode and more info:
HI-SCORE GIRL EPISODE 2 REVIEW

IMG
IMG
IMG
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

NightWolve

That's a cool find, sounds like much better pro-PC Engine propaganda than good ole Johnny Turbo and "his battle against FEKA," heh.

Oh, and you can link the episode if you want, the world won't end over it.

Dark Fact

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

exodus

NightWolve

Oh, it's a torrent from "the bay" ? Never mind, probably not a good idea to toss those around. Keep it shared privately in PM if someone wants it.

Dark Fact

Yeah, I don't want this site to go down the crapper for potential illegal transfers. =;

If you do manage to watch it, however, it'll satisfy your nostalgia in a clever way. :) Rensuke Oshikiri, the original author of the manga, was an avid gamer back in his day and his character of Haruo Yaguchi, is in some aspects, a reflection of what he personally experienced as a gamer.