RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Weird bug in Super Dodgeball

Started by beigemore, 07/26/2018, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beigemore

I haven't had a chance to record this, but...

I'm using a Core Grafx with an SSDS3, and right when the ref throws the ball at the start of the match, immediately double tapping left or right to run makes one of the npc's on the other team immediately grab the ball, throw it, and immediately hit one of my team mates, without the ball travelling through the air, and even though the npc isn't anywhere near the ball.  Repeatedly double tapping left or right makes the npc constantly pick the ball up and throw it until the ball goes out of bounds or does not hit someone on my team.  Switching it up where I hit left left, then right a bunch, will kind of swap which npc picks up the ball and throws it.  Also, instead of double tapping a direction when the ball gets thrown by the ref, pressing both jump buttons makes both my character (Kunio) and his npc equivalent on the other team jump.  There was even one point where I was hold the ball shortly after all the mayhem and my dpad was moving both Kunio and the other npc around on the screen until I threw the ball, like the computer had no control.  I've only seen that once, but the double tapping thing happens 100% of the time.

I've tried multiple different controllers and it never fails.  I tried doing this on several emulators but cannot replicate it there.  I am wondering if anyone that has the actual hucard of Super Dodgeball can see if it happens for them to see if this is caused by the SSDS3.
IMG

NightWolve

I salute your willingness to play something called Super Dodgeball... ;)

Xanadu Gaiden

Strange! I suppose it could be commands used for testing the game, sounds odd to be a side effect of SSDS3 but what do I know... Don't own the card unfortunately.

beigemore

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/18/2018, 11:12 PMI salute your willingness to play something called Super Dodgeball... ;)
It's a good game!
IMG

JoeQuaker

Yeah it was a very competitive game for NES growing up. I have a friend who still thrashes me in it every time.. yet can't do quite so well in Super Dodgeball for Neo-Geo which has different special moves. Not knowing the special moves when your opponent does is frustrating.

I don't have the actual Hu-Card myself to test unfortunately. I can only load it from EverDrive.
Mir ist kalt, so kalt...