10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Turbo duo sound issue. Capacitors changed op amps are fine.

Started by Nunhunter, 11/28/2018, 12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nunhunter

If anyone can help out I would appreciate it. At q603 and q604 atm. What's the voltage suppose to be at. It's bouncing 5-11v. Guessing corrosion short or open trace maybe damaged via.

Keith Courage

It's normal for q603 to fluctuate a Little. Starts around 0.11v here then drops to about 0.06 steady.

Q604 seems be steady around 0.20

NightWolve

Funny enough, I passed this along to thesteve, but Nunhunter already knew him on Facebook and he was already trying to help, heh.

Nunhunter

Yeah Q604 and Q603 are both fluctuating at around the same voltage. between .10v -.16v i measure the bottom left and bottom right legs. nothing constant. is that normal?

Nunhunter

The Steve helped me out. turned out to be corrosion on c322 to amp 503 and ground.

NightWolve

Quote from: Nunhunter on 12/04/2018, 04:06 PMThe Steve helped me out. turned out to be corrosion on c322 to amp 503 and ground.
IMG

Cool, he's still got it! :)

It's good to have these cases documented somewhere for others to search for in the future.

I'm torn between DIY or just sending it to a pro and not wasting my time biting off more than I can chew; you have to recognize your limitations and not go too far. I still have a full capacitor replacement job to perform on my Turbo Duo, and I'm worried if something like these kinds of issues happens before that.