List of Stores That Sell Turbo Games

Started by jlued686, 12/31/2006, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason_dicarlo85

Neither selection was that great...but play raven of Frederick Maryland had a few games behind the counter.. You gotta ask to see them...
And cartridges galore in Hagerstown maryland also has had a few in their case... They also had a tg16 with CD docking station and the cd hu card but I think they sold it

shawnji

Huh, that's funny; I was just in New Orleans yesterday with some guys from work to see the Warriors at Pelicans game.  I had wanted to spend some time looking for game stores, but there really wasn't time.  I guess I wouldn't have found much, anyway, based on what you said earlier somery.

It was an interesting place to visit, but I can't imagine living there.  I'm having a hard enough time dealing with Mississippi as it is.  Halloween may not have been the best time for me to go, though.  There were so many people who smelled like they hadn't bathed in ages, and the whole French Quarter just reeked of alchohol.  I'm sure it's probably nicer the rest of the year.  Some of the live music and street performances were entertaining.  I also got to see a couple renew their vows in the park, but with everyone dressed up in a voodoo theme.

jamesfromdfw

GAME OVER VIDEOGAMES
Address: 4648 S Cooper St #240, Arlington, TX 76017
Phone:(817) 468-4263

Sells Turbo and PC Engine/Super CD games.

jlued686

Bionic_Chef

Just Press Play

Address: 2600 Willow Street Pike, Willow Street, Pennsylvania 17584
Phone: (717) 464-1111

Address: 110 S Centerville Rd, Lancaster, Pennyslvania 17603
Phone:(717) 285-2222

jlued686

johnnykonami

I am gonna check out some places near me tomorrow and I'll report back what the Turbo selection is like.  The first is Time Warp Media in downtown Sykesville/Eldersburg (Maryland) on Main St.  The second is a place called The Save Point in Westminster Mall.

Update:  I went to Save Point tonight, had to swing by that direction so I just decided to pop in.  They don't really have much in the way of TG-16/PCE stuff, but they did say they have a complete TG-16 console (used) in the box with everything for $200 bucks if anyone is interested.  Other than that, no games really.  I went in looking for GB stuff, didn't really see anything I had to own but I bought some clear protective GB cases for $1 each.  The prices are reasonable, nothing amazing or super special there, but they do have some nice boxed SFC games, I saw Torneko's Adventure and Shiren the Wander in great shape but wasn't looking to buy those tonight so didn't ask what the price was.  Most of the stuff there runs $5-$20 and is in ok shape.  I did notice they were price matching games using a laptop, so no idea if they are using ebay or something else to set the prices.  I saw Motocross Maniacs 2 there which I just bought on Amazon - their price was $5 more than I paid, and Revenge of the Gator was $20 ($15 more than I paid) but theirs had the box.  I did get the protective case and manual with mine, but only paid $5.  Overall though I can't say the prices are that bad, and the guy said he was willing to haggle a little.

MattJ

I don't know if any of you have heard of "2nd and Charles", but it is a buy-sale-trade store that carries books, movies, music, and video games. Their retro game prices are kind of scatter-brained, sometime stuff is set at a deal, sometimes it is marked up way too high.

Anyways, I stopped by the one in Greenville, SC this morning just to look around and I was shocked to actually see some TurboGrafx games. Apparently someone had dropped off a large amount the other day. The staff didn't really know that much about them, but some customer had already come in and bought most of their stock.
Here's what they had left:
- Andre Panza Kickboxing - $12 - Jewel case and game, no manual
- Dungeon Explorer - $22 - Jewel case and game, no manual
- Devil's Crush - $60 - Game, jewel case, and manual
- Super Star Soldier - $100 - Game, jewel case, and manual. 

If anyone is interested and okay with those prices you may want to contact them.

Oh, what really freaked me out was that they had two of the Zelda CD-I games... I had never even seen them in person before.

- Matt J.

kermit036

Hey everyone,

First time posting. This thread is why I joined this site. Thanks everyone for contributing. I live in the Columbus, Ohio area. These are the stores I have been to that I have seen Turbo stuff.

Warpzone - 4496 Cemetery Rd, Hilliard, OH 43026. They are an import place that will most likely have Turbo stuff consistently.

Game On - There are several locations around the west and south side of town. Very inconsistent on stock. There is a card only Sinistron on the W.Broad St location.

Capital Games - 216 Granville St, Columbus, OH 43230. He has a lot of really cool/rare things but don't expect to get a deal. Usually a bit over ebay.

This brings me to my next question. I am going on a trip to Japan next month. Does anyone know of any stores I must hit up? I know about the major store in Akihabara. I am hoping to find a cheapish PCE Duo/R/RX.

Thanks!

jlued686

Welcome!

I've added yours to the list.

Blaze

They rarely have them but...

Texas

FX Video Game Exchange, Heartland Mall, Early, TX, 76802

lions3

Anything in Colorado? Denver or Colorado Springs area? Going to be there next month for a few days...

eproxy

Great list thank you very much jlued686

77FordTruckMan

Retro Addicts: 2290A Industrial Hwy, York, PA 17402 717-757-1312

wju2004

I will say that the Exchange in Elyria is very hit & miss on Turbografx games. I am only up there about once a month, but asked specifically about TG16 games and they said only on occassion. There other locations in the area as well. They suggested checking other spots but haven't had the chance yet. (Usually only up there to visit my girlfriend as I live 3 hours away.)

henrycsc

Pixels and Pawns - 275 Harbison Blvd in Columbia, SC is now closed.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

jlued686

MCalvert1

I have 4 to add for Pennsylvania:

Just Press Play (2 more locations)
637 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601
(717) 299-3333

2079 Springwood Rd, York, PA 17403
(717) 232-4444

Vault Video Games (2 locations)
22 Carlisle St, Hanover, PA 17331 (in the building with Timeline Arcade)
717-797-4303

290 West Market St, York, PA 17401
717-845-4263

Hope this helps some folks out there!

turboswimbz

In southern / Shore NJ: two I've visited recently

EAST COAST GAMES - TOMS RIVER - They eBay and tell you the price . . . I've talked about em before somewhere on here.  generally only a few turbobs.

POWERED BY GAMES - LACEY (Lanoka Harbor)  - This is a cool store.  1,000 of games from SMS to turbo to Jaguar to PS4 and Switch.  Everything is used so although they have new stuff it's trade in.  Don't look for any deals here they are quite expensive but pretty popular so they do a ton of trade ins and actually have stock. The clerk has been pretty nice but not super knowledgeable.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

jlued686

Pfloydguy2

Could you add Press Start Games, 1440 Oneida Street, Appleton WI 54915?  They don't have a website, but their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pressstartgamesllc.

jlued686