10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Turbo tap on the pc engine duo

Started by ryosnk, 01/14/2007, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryosnk

Is the turbotap compatible on the pc engine?  A local store has one but I only have one controller for the turboexpress and one for the pc engine.

Thanks.

Keranu

Sorry, Turbo Taps are only compatible with Turbo Grafx 16 units since TG16's had a larger controller port than the PCE and Turbo Duo.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

The Turbografx-16 accessories such as 'Turbo Pad' and 'Turbo Tap' are about twice the size of the PC Engine and Turbo Duo or 'Duo' accessories('Duo Pad', 'Duo Tap'). There is an adaptor out there, but you'll have an easier time just buying a PC Engine Tap for less online.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

PCEngineHell

I think TZD sold Turbo and Duo taps with swapped cables to allow use on said systems. I don't know if they still do this. I think they mostly did it so people could use stuff like the 6 button game pads on the TG-16

MotherGunner

all you have to do is switch out the cables on the controllers themselves.  It will work.  OR  get the classics converter.  It works with a logitech wireless PS2 controller.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Joe Redifer

I've noticed that some TG-16 controllers are not so easy just to swap the cables.  The way the wire connects to the controller board is different.  Those must be older controllers or something.  I can post a picture if anyone REALLY cares and wants to see.  :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/16/2007, 07:19 PMI've noticed that some TG-16 controllers are not so easy just to swap the cables.  The way the wire connects to the controller board is different.  Those must be older controllers or something.  I can post a picture if anyone REALLY cares and wants to see.  :)
I'd like to see a picture. I've never tried swapping the cords before, but wouldn't mind using a Turbopad on my Duo RX without the adaptor.  :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

OK here are the two different kinds of connections, plus the connection on a real PC Engine pad:

IMG

As you can see, only type 1 will work.

guyjin

didn't realize there were different types...

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/16/2007, 10:18 PMOK here are the two different kinds of connections, plus the connection on a real PC Engine pad:

As you can see, only type 1 will work.
Wow, those two Turbo Pads look really different.  :shock:

NecroPhile

Hmmm... interesting pics Joe Redifer.  Is there any date marks inside the controllers?  Has anybody cracked open any other PC Engine controllers, or is this different connector unique to the TG16 and it's giant DIN-8?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

I looked for a date or something.  On the back casing, the incompatible one says "01" whereas the other does not.  Also as you can see, the incompatible one seems to be more condensed and has fewer capacitors/resistors/whatnot on the board, so I assume it is newer than the other version.

Keranu

Very interesting, good pics.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

agranger5

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/16/2007, 04:08 PMall you have to do is switch out the cables on the controllers themselves.  It will work.  OR  get the classics converter.  It works with a logitech wireless PS2 controller.
Where can you find this "classics converter" that works with the Logitech Wireless PS2 controller. I would love to have one of those.  I already have the Logitech PS2 controller.  Do you have a link to it?

CrackTiger

Quote from: agranger5 on 01/17/2007, 10:59 AM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/16/2007, 04:08 PMall you have to do is switch out the cables on the controllers themselves.  It will work.  OR  get the classics converter.  It works with a logitech wireless PS2 controller.
Where can you find this "classics converter" that works with the Logitech Wireless PS2 controller. I would love to have one of those.  I already have the Logitech PS2 controller.  Do you have a link to it?
Tototek sells them.