favorite computer > game console conversion

Started by guyjin, 02/01/2007, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favorite conversion from Computer to Game console?

Xbox 360/Xbox
2 (11.8%)
Amiga CD32
2 (11.8%)
Apple Pippin
3 (17.6%)
FM towns Marty
5 (29.4%)
Daewoo Zemmix
0 (0%)
Atari 5200/XEGS
0 (0%)
something I've forgotten
3 (17.6%)
computers should stay computers, and consoles should stay consoles
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

guyjin

Keranu

Oh man, you know I voted for Pippin Atmark!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Seldane

Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

JoshTurboTrollX

Tandy CoCo!!   :cry: :cry: :cry:

How could the Radio Shack classic been left out? [-X
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

rolins

OldRover

Why is the Xbox 360 in this poll? It's not a PC like the original Xbox (which wasn't a PC either, just x86-based). You also forgot the Commodore 64, although its status was reversed (originally intended to be a game console).
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Hobo Xiphas

I am happy that I actually got to vote for the Pippin in a poll for the first time.

I thought this day would never come!

Keranu

I knew Xiphas would back me up on this poll. PIPPIN ATMARK RULEZ!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

guyjin

game console > computer conversions were deliberately left out. (no coleco adam or C64, sry)

How was the Color Computer a console?

And for those of you who voted pippin, WHY?!?!?!??!

TR0N

None becuse i've never owned any of them  :oops:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

Quote from: guyjin on 02/02/2007, 07:04 PMAnd for those of you who voted pippin, WHY?!?!?!??!
Because it's the second coolest damn system ever made, that's WHY!  :dance:
IMG

CrackTiger

I picked Xbox/360 because I've only owned them and an Amiga 32 from the list and I never got any use out of the Amiga.

I'm still not sure what the definition of 'computer > game console conversion' is supposed to mean, but if I understand it correctly, then if the Xboxes are on there, shouldn't the Dreamcast also be?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2007, 05:08 PMI'm still not sure what the definition of 'computer > game console conversion' is supposed to mean, but if I understand it correctly, then if the Xboxes are on there, shouldn't the Dreamcast also be?
DC should definately be on that list.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

nat

Quote from: Keranu on 02/03/2007, 12:55 AM
Quote from: guyjin on 02/02/2007, 07:04 PMAnd for those of you who voted pippin, WHY?!?!?!??!
Because it's the second coolest damn system ever made, that's WHY!  :dance:
I'm so happy about this poll, you don't even know. I thought for sure I would be the only one voting for the Pippin. I'm even more elated to see that there are two other people as ecstatic about it as I am.  =D>
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

Haha, sweet! Pippin Atmark kicks sooo much azz!  8) 8) 8)
IMG

Seldane

What would you say if I said that I have a Pippin?!

Of course, I would be lying... but still!
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Keranu

Quote from: Seldane on 02/04/2007, 02:31 PMWhat would you say if I said that I have a Pippin?!

Of course, I would be lying... but still!
I would say you're the coolest person I know.  8)
IMG

nat

It is my purpose on Earth to find and own a Pippin.

It is because of us that the Pippin is tied for first place in the favorite computer>game console poll.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

CrackTiger

Quote from: OldRover on 02/03/2007, 11:20 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/03/2007, 05:08 PMI'm still not sure what the definition of 'computer > game console conversion' is supposed to mean, but if I understand it correctly, then if the Xboxes are on there, shouldn't the Dreamcast also be?
DC should definately be on that list.
Then I vote for Dreamcast.  :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 02/04/2007, 02:43 PMIt is my purpose on Earth to find and own a Pippin.

It is because of us that the Pippin is tied for first place in the favorite computer>game console poll.
Crap, now FM Towns Marty is ahead! We need more Pippin voters!
IMG