The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Forum layout wackiness

Started by esteban, 02/09/2007, 08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Hi Aaron :)

At 7:58 pm today I viewed a thread and the forum layout totally changed to a "generic" SMF layout. Hopefully, you were simply playing around with things at the time, otherwise I don't know how or why something like that would happen. :)

Once I returned to the main index, however, the forum layout reverted back to its present state.

Just thought you'd like to know.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

Yah I'm messing with the layout right now, so expect lots of wackiness for the short term.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

CrackTiger

I like the look of the current model, but its hard to read the Subject/Authors without bold font.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Ahh I saw some changes for a minute earlier today too. The colors were like brown and silver, looked very weird.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Seldane

The default SMF theme makes me sad. Sure, default themes are usually pretty boring - but this really takes the price. Why did they even make it look like this? Maybe they wanted it to look sterile and boring? The colorful game avatars used here does not blend in well at all. :)
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Joe Redifer

I hope you're not done tweaking things.  Here's how it looks for me in Firefox right now.  Surely you notice what's wrong:

IMG

Seldane

Are you on a Mac? I use Firefox as well and I have no problems at all. I do not have that kind of extreme anti aliasing on the fonts, though.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

Joe Redifer

Yes.  The layout seems to have fixed itself (no more overlapping), but it still looks generic.  Like someone else said... the default theme makes me sad.  What happened to the theme that existed a couple of days ago?

PCEngineFX

Ok I put it back to the original layout.  Sigh.........I hate that there isn't any easy/fast way to alter forums (like an editor).  After spending an evening on experimenting with forum theme alteration, I'm going to sit on it for now...just don't have the time.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I agree.  I've tried to make a new skin for the-magicbox at one time, and the way you have to go about it can be daunting.  You have to keep making changes, applying them and then loading a page to see how it looks.  Oops that didn't work out so well, so you have to put it back.  Pain!  A lot of times you'll have to design new graphics in Photoshop and have the forum reference them (like for buttons, etc).

Seldane

The best way is to set up a private little forum with no members to experiment on. When you're done, just apply all the changes to this one as well.
IMG