RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Ys Strategy

Started by Digi.k, 03/28/2007, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

Does anyone know anything about this game like .. if its any good?

I just saw it today at my local GAME store and felt intrigued.. but I know nothing about it !!

It's for Nintendo DS and its pretty cheap considering the usual price other DS games go for..

Keranu

I didn't even know this came out to America.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

It's probably the Euro version, since it's in english, it hasn't been released in the US yet.  I heard the game is ok, & is supposed to have really good music.  However, it's not made by Falcom at all, it's an Ys licsensed game.  And it also is not official cannon of the Ys storyline.  I wanna pick it up eventually, kind of waiting for it to be released over here.  I'm not a big RTS fan, but, it's Ys so........
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 03/29/2007, 12:24 AMI wanna pick it up eventually, kind of waiting for it to be released over here.  I'm not a big RTS fan, but, it's Ys so........
My thoughts exactly.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Seldane

Quote from: Keranu on 03/28/2007, 10:19 PMI didn't even know this came out to America.
Digi.k lives in the UK. :roll:

Anyway, the game sucks a LOT. Keep far away from this horrible game. You will regret it if you buy it. Big time.

Also, it's not coming out in North America, not a chance.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Keranu

Oh whoops, that's right. Forgot digi.k lives outside of here. I don't see why Ys Strategy wouldn't come out here if it's already out in Europe and translated. Not that I have any high hopes or excited or anything :P .
IMG

Digi.k

waiiiii... thanks for the info. I was gonna buy it tomorrow.. guess i won't now..

Seldane

Quote from: Keranu on 03/29/2007, 01:31 PMOh whoops, that's right. Forgot digi.k lives outside of here. I don't see why Ys Strategy wouldn't come out here if it's already out in Europe and translated. Not that I have any high hopes or excited or anything :P .
Because Rising Star is a European publisher only. The translation is horrible (not only is it poorly translated, but it is also full of typos and poorly structured sentences) and the game outright sucks (with EXTREME emphasis on "sucks"). Everybody hates it, I have never heard a single positive thing about it. No other publisher in their right mind would buy the rights for this horrible game. And you should be happy for that. This game is nothing but a curse.

If somebody's considering buying this: DON'T! Spend your money on a dead skinned dog or whatever, ANYTHING's better than this junk.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.