10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

New Sega console or another April Fool's joke?

Started by Keranu, 03/31/2007, 01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keranu

Codename: Catalyst. Sounds fishy to me, much like that supposed Sega handheld that was an April Fool's gag a year or two ago. This also seems like a stupid time to announce news for a new console.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Seldane

BS. (Duh!)

The logo looks like shit, and a lot like the Dreamcast logo. But the big giveaway (aside from the post date) is this:

QuoteSega have said that the console will in fact feature an HD-DVD drive
:roll:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Keranu

Whoa I didn't notice that date, what's with that? "01/04/2007 12:03 am" I guess it's just them having more fun. By the way, what would be unlikely about a new console getting an HD-DVD drive?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

April Fools pisses me off, as it allows every retarded site to make stupid jokes.

Seldane

No the date is april 1st, 2007. Australia does not use the same format as you americans. DD/MM/YYYY.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Keranu

IMG

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

No way in hell this article is legit. This quote says it all:

Sega have said that due to recent financial stability found in the dropping of hardware and moving exclusively toward the software side of gaming, they have reached a point where they are solid enough to give it "one last go".

In this one simple sentence there are a million things going on. First of all, if you take this statement at face value and disregard the one other glaring anomaly, it doesn't even make sense. So SEGA has determined the key to financial success is to focus solely on software development and nothing else. As a result of this finding, SEGA has decided to re-enter hardware business!  :roll: Ummmm, yeah, OK.

But the real kicker here is the reason given as to why it's a good idea to re-enter the console market: "they are solid enough to give it "one last go." Give it one last go? This was the reason supposedly given by SEGA's business experts and market analysts? Are you KIDDING me? That article is an insult to our intelligence.

That article is a hoax, and a poorly developed one at that. Not that it's truthfulness is even in debate at this point, but c'mon! If you're gonna take the time to do something like this, and least put forth a LITTLE effort.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Kitsunexus

As much as I hate SEGA as of late, even I must admit that their SMS-Saturn years (and SOME moments on Dreamcast) were nothing short of glorius, so I take this article as pissing on a beloved family member's grave. Not funny.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

GUTS

Only shit eating retards still make april fools jokes, they stopped being funny after the Goldeneye one in EGM like 10 years ago.

Dark Fact

I don't like pulling pranks on people on April Fool's Day and anyone who thinks this is something that they must do needs to seriously get a life.

Over at ToonZone where I usually post, instead of pulling pranks, we make random threads which are far more fun. :)

Quote from: GUTSOnly shit eating retards still make april fools jokes, they stopped being funny after the Goldeneye one in EGM like 10 years ago.
It wasn't nearly as unforgivable as the infamous Valkyrie Wylde prank.  Those bastards really had me going!
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Turbo D

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 03/31/2007, 11:35 PMAs much as I hate SEGA as of late, even I must admit that their SMS-Saturn years (and SOME moments on Dreamcast) were nothing short of glorius, so I take this article as pissing on a beloved family member's grave. Not funny.
I agree
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

GUTS

I don't remember the Valkyrie Wylde prank, what was that?  The goldeneye one was so fucking lame because a group of friends and I had played GoldenEye to DEATH at the time and EGM did such a good job of making it look believable that we spent fucking hours trying to unlock the Sean Connery characters.  I gave up early, but a friend of mine must have spent an entire week on it before declaring it impossible, man he was so pissed the next month when he found out it was a joke.

Keranu

I haven't heard of that Goldeneye April Fools, but man that would've ruled to be able to unlock Sean Connery!
IMG

termis

It was the whole SF2 "unlock Sheng Long" one that started it all, yeah?  Fuck, I can't believe how many people fell for that one.  (including the other gaming publications around the world that fell for it and published it themselves... I wonder how they explained to their readers after they discovered it was a hoax? :lol:)

CrackTiger

Quote from: thumpin_termis on 04/02/2007, 04:47 PMIt was the whole SF2 "unlock Sheng Long" one that started it all, yeah?  Fuck, I can't believe how many people fell for that one.  (including the other gaming publications around the world that fell for it and published it themselves... I wonder how they explained to their readers after they discovered it was a hoax? :lol:)
I liked how that one U.K. mag printed that trick all bragging, like "only those as super skilled as I can pull this off!". Not just reprinting the trick, but actually outright lying about having acomplished it as sign of hardcoredness.

Its one thing to print a retraction of a borrowed story that turned out to be fake. Its another to get caught redhanded lying in an article that would've drawn major attention at the time.  :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

How can anybody believe the shit in video game rags anyway?  Fool's Day or not - they're all a bunch of irrational, biased, inconsistent ass clowns. 

Quote from: GUTS on 04/01/2007, 12:41 AMOnly shit eating retards still make april fools jokes, they stopped being funny after the Goldeneye one in EGM like 10 years ago.
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!