@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Project Ray - New RPG being made by old Telenet designer

Started by Keranu, 04/10/2007, 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keranu

I came across this article today and it contained this interesting portion of information:

"In addition to this, the owner of Image Epoch, and director of Luminous Arc, Mikage Ryoei, has brought another project lead to the company - Hiroyuki Kanemaru, who was previously at Telenet Japan and then moved to Namco's Tales Studio, where he worked as scenario script director and level concept designer on Tales of Symphonia.

Kanemaru-san has been put as the director of an original RPG called Project Ray, which he has gone on record as stating will be influenced by old-school RPGs from systems such as the PC-Engine/Turbo-grafx (a format he has worked on in the past)."

Depending on what Telent RPGs this guy has made, Project Ray could turn out to be a pretty cool game. Does anyone know what games Hiroyuki Kanemaru has worked on exactly and what his job was? Kaminari, I'm looking at you  8) .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

runinruder

Well, a cursory Google search points towards him playing some role in the making of Emerald Dragon and Fang of Alnam.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

GUTS

Sounds awesome, Tales of Symphonia was a great game.  What platform is the RPG going to be on?

Seldane

Too bad almost all Japanese RPGs are junk nowadays.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Keranu

Quote from: GUTS on 04/10/2007, 03:41 PMSounds awesome, Tales of Symphonia was a great game.  What platform is the RPG going to be on?
I don't think it has been announced yet. That article was focused on DS and Wii RPGs, so it's possible it could be on either one of those.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Kitsunexus

Telnet games? Fuck that, those are WAY geeky. Who the hell gets on a MUD these days when we have EQ and WoW, not to mention Second Life!?

Well I don't get on either of those nor MUDs, but that's besides the point. Ever since Meridian 59, the first commercial PC graphics MUD (AberMUD was first but for the less popular Amiga), text-based MUDs have been dead in the water.

So if this guy wants to try and sell Telnet games, good fucking luck. Try the Linux community, I heard they still get their rocks off to text...
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

HAHAHA, no not Telnet MUD RPGs! I was talking about Telenet Japan, the company that made a bunch of games for PCE, like Cosmic Fantasy, Final Zone II, Avenger, etc... Though MUD RPGs are pretty cool too.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Oh, my bad.  #-o That's WAY cooler than telnet games, lol!
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!