@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Anybody know of any FORUMS for the PC Engine and / or Turbo Grafx-16?

Started by dhowerter, 04/10/2007, 10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhowerter

Anybody know of any FORUMS for the PC Engine and / or Turbo Grafx-16?

I can't seem to find many forums with either the whole forum or even just a smaller category in the forum devoted to the PC Engine and / or Turbo Grafx-16.

Does anyone know of any?

BTW, if you know of a forum where people know a lot about PC Engine / Turbo grafx-16 stuff but it is not strictly a TG 16 / PC Engine forum, please list it anyway ;)

(For example, if it was labelled as a "Classic Gaming" section of a forum but people there knew a lot about PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 stuff, list it :)

kenomac78

Joe Redifer

There are a couple of threads on this very forum about the TurboGrafx-16 and the PC Engine, but as you've probably noticed most of the conversation here is about about Halo 3.  Unfortunately there aren't any websites or forums dedicated to the TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine.  Why would there be?  Nobody even knows about the systems.  I didn't even know what it was until you posted about them (making me do a Google™ search).  Oh well, keep looking, maybe someday you'll find something.

Seldane

Strange forum to ask this question. You've already found it, düüd.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Ninja Spirit

That's like walking into Mickey D's and asking where the nearest one is.

BonkThis

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 04/11/2007, 07:13 AMThat's like walking into Mickey D's and asking where the nearest one is.
Theres a BK across the sreet. :lol:

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/11/2007, 09:55 AMhe sure is one funny guy
Ummhmm.... is that funny ha-ha or funny queer?  Think I'll have some french fried pataters.... Ummhmm.

Check out www.snesforum.com or www.segaforums.com - they might know something about these PC Engine and TurboGrafx thingys your talking about (I've never heard of 'em).  :-k
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Seldane

Quote from: guest on 04/11/2007, 10:46 AMCheck out www.snesforum.com or www.segaforums.com - they might know something about these PC Engine and TurboGrafx thingys your talking about (I've never heard of 'em).  :-k
Why would he ask about them in video game forums? What makes you think PC Engine and Turbo... Graphics are video game systems? Personally, I believe they're lawyers, both of them.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Seldane on 04/11/2007, 10:58 AMWhy would he ask about them in video game forums? What makes you think PC Engine and Turbo... Graphics are video game systems? Personally, I believe they're lawyers, both of them.
I had to Google 'em - Wikipedia told me that they were comparable to the SNES and Genesis, so I figured that fans of those machines might know something about the devices in question.  Now let's steer this thread back where it belongs - to Halo 3.

MrFulci

Turbo2k.net has a board. Not quite as busy as this one, however, it's there.

I don't think there are too many boards out there devoted only to NEC consoles... Anyone else know of any others, besides here (pcenginefx) and turbo2k.net?
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Gentlegamer

Thanks to the OP, I've registered for this forum (he posted on like 10 other video gaming fourms with the same question). I had visited the main site for years, but never visited the forums!

By the way, what's the exact avatar size allowed? I want to fix it so poor Richter there isn't squashed.
<----------------
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Joe Redifer

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/12/2007, 12:22 AMI think it's 80x80.
I think you're right.

This Richter is a little squished, but ought to work.
<-----------------
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: dhowerter on 04/12/2007, 12:38 AM
Quote from: Seldane on 04/11/2007, 06:46 AMStrange forum to ask this question. You've already found it, düüd.
Obviously , I meant PC Engine / Turbo Grafx forums *BESIDES* the one I'm posting this question in  :mrgreen:

I thought that was understood. Just because this is a PCE/TG16 forum doesn't mean it is the only one ;)

Go over to the Neo-Geo.com forums,they will love you over there,as they love ANYTHING TurboGrafx 16 related. That whole site is basically devoted to this TurboGrafx your speaking of.

Joe Redifer

Why would you post here wanting to know of another Turbo site other than this one?  I could understand it if you had been around awhile and felt this site didn't suit whatever needs you seem to have, but it was your first post.  I hope you're not retarded or something.  You won't find any other sites about the Turbo that are better than this one.

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

More than likely, if you ask a objective question at ten different forums, you'll get the same answer ten times.  There aren't many mysteries left to the TG-16 and PC Engine, so correct answers can be found on this fine forum to any objective questions (although they may be served up with a slab of scrumptious sarcasm steak).  Now if you're looking for some opinions, feel free to shotgun your questions all over the internet and see what bleeds.  :wink: