10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Anybody know of any FORUMS for the PC Engine and / or Turbo Grafx-16?

Started by dhowerter, 04/10/2007, 10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhowerter

Anybody know of any FORUMS for the PC Engine and / or Turbo Grafx-16?

I can't seem to find many forums with either the whole forum or even just a smaller category in the forum devoted to the PC Engine and / or Turbo Grafx-16.

Does anyone know of any?

BTW, if you know of a forum where people know a lot about PC Engine / Turbo grafx-16 stuff but it is not strictly a TG 16 / PC Engine forum, please list it anyway ;)

(For example, if it was labelled as a "Classic Gaming" section of a forum but people there knew a lot about PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 stuff, list it :)

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nat

Joe Redifer

Alright now I want this guy banned because he seems to be spamming the forums with this thread in many different categories.

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/11/2007, 02:30 AMAlright now I want this guy banned because he seems to be spamming the forums with this thread in many different categories.
He's been, asking that at every site what's the best forum for pce stuff.

digitalpress,tnl,neo-geo.com every body tells him the same thing you think he get the hint.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Seldane

Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Carbon Tiger

My game collection at PCE Daisakusen
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/147/show-user.htm

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Try www.pcengine-fx.com - they might have a forum with PC Engine and TurboGrafx related postings.  :roll:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

gundarN

Quote from: guest on 04/11/2007, 10:52 AMTry www.pcengine-fx.com - they might have a forum with PC Engine and TurboGrafx related postings.  :roll:
I looked there and it was all about this old obscure machine. I didn't understand any of it.

Seldane

Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

GUTS

Awesome, the quarterly retard!  We should lay wagers on how long it will be before this guy flips out, grabs his crutch and motorcycle helmet, and disappears.

PCEngineHell

QuoteTry www.pcengine-fx.com - they might have a forum with PC Engine and TurboGrafx related postings.  :roll:
I thought that sight only covered the Neogeo and the awesome might of the Genesis systems Blast Processing.
I think he should go look around at www.system16.com,they have lots of discussions about this Turbografx and Pcengine thing he keeps talking about.

Joe Redifer

Posting the same thread in two different forums on the same site is spam.  People who check the Turbo forum likely check the PC Engine forum as well.  If I were a mod you would have been instantly banned and your threads deleted for that.  Also the way you phrased your question made it seem like, well, you were a complete and utter idiot.  Be thankful I am not in charge here.  I have low tolerance for things like that.  That being said, it might be a good idea for you to stay away from the Magicbox forums and the Sega-16 forums.

Seldane

By the way, why isn't Joe the super admin of this site yet?
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/14/2007, 06:21 AMPosting the same thread in two different forums on the same site is spam.  People who check the Turbo forum likely check the PC Engine forum as well.  If I were a mod you would have been instantly banned and your threads deleted for that.  Also the way you phrased your question made it seem like, well, you were a complete and utter idiot.  Be thankful I am not in charge here.  I have low tolerance for things like that.  That being said, it might be a good idea for you to stay away from the Magicbox forums and the Sega-16 forums.
If posting in two sections (one more than one) earns an instant ban without warning, then I'm sure glad that you're not a mod in these forums.  :wink:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

I think you need to look at it in a different way.  You go into the TurboGrafx section and you see a thread asking if there are any TurboGrafx sites.  First thing a good mod would do is pass it off as a thread created by a retard who was just introduced to the internet.  Then you go into the PC Engine section and see the exact same thread.  What would you think then?  Would you think that the guy is a super-retard who needs to post the same thread multiple times on the same forum?  No, you'd think he was spamming and trying to be funny by posting such a silly subject in multiple places.  What I would have done is delete one of the threads and ban him for a week or two.  That always happens before a perm-ban.  Maybe I would have PM'd him a warning, but judging his lack of intelligence in his replies, I doubt it would have done any good.  But then again this would not happen on any of the boards I mod in the first place since we have spam protection in place.  New members cannot make new threads right away.

Seldane

I would perma-ban. I always perma-ban. Temp bans are for sissies.
IMG

Keranu

Abusing mod powers only destroys message boards. I try to be as laid back as possible because nothing would piss me off more than a forum with ten mods all constantly editing people's post and banning people. So the guy made two threads of the same topic, big whoop :P . I'd only be concerned if he all he did was post a million smileys on screen so it freezes threads ;) .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

peperocket

Joe, you make many posts and don't answer the thread question...Is it spam ??  :lol:

You've not many forums on the net for pc-engine :

-Magic engine forum

-Necstasy forum (simply the best  =D&gt; but french language needed)
Vive la Supergrafx !!!

Joe Redifer

Keranu, for message boards with only a few dozen active members, then yes I agree.  But when you get boards like Magic Box it becomes necessary to grow a pair and take out the trash every once in awhile, especially where spam is a HUGE problem (which it no longer is at Magic Box and Sega 16).  Otherwise there is no need for mods to begin with.  What mod duties have you done since you attained the status?  Moved a thread or two?  Is there really a need for a mod here?  You seem to think that even "using" mod powers at all is "abusing".

Peperocket, I addressed the question in the same manner as most others in the other thread by the same member.  Since you didn't know I responded, do you now see the need to keep the topic in one thread?  The majority of threads usually derail and that is the norm for most likely all forums on the internet.  No big deal.

grahf

Well it IS irritating, no argument there. But you have to think that perhaps the poster IS mildy retarded (as one would need to be, to post such nonsense). Such folks should be thoroughly lambasted, but welcomed to the forum.

People who keep up with garbage posts, of course should be considered for the BANwagon.

Joe Redifer

I would like to answer your questions... from my point of view.

Quote from: dhowerter1. Why are multiple people here insulting my intelligence and assuming I am "retarded"?  I asked a question concerning the PC Engine / TG 16 on a PCE /
TG 16 forum (here). What is wrong with that? o_O
Absolutely nothing.  But you didn't ask anything about the Turbo or the PC Engine.  You asked about a forum that dealt with them.  Like another poster put it, it's like going into a McDonald's and asking where the nearest McDonald's is.  You didn't ask if there were "any other" PC Engine/Turbo forums, you asked if there were any that we knew of.

Quote from: dhowerterI'm posting because I need to know.
What is it exactly that you need to know?  Why is it so important to find as many PCE/Turbo forums as possible?

Quote from: dhowerter2. As for posting the same question in two threads, I explained that it is distinctly possible for some people who only frequent the TG 16 OR the PCE forum to miss my question if I limit my post to ONE of those forums. (and thus miss giving a helpful answer I might NOT have gotten otherwise)
What about the people who might have an answer, but don't read those two forums?  There may be some people who only read the Wii Virtual Console thread but rarely post.  You never know!  But you didn't post your question in that forum.  Why not?  You should post your thread in EVERY FORUM POSSIBLE just in case.  Do you see where I am going with this?

Quote from: dhowerterHowever, I don't want to break any forum rules, so is there really a rule here that I can't do that? (a moderator replying to this question would be good)
I don't think there are any rules like that here.  But there should be.  Despite what you think, there really is no reason to do that.

Quote from: dhowerter3. Regardless of the actual answers to the above questions, I would greatly appreciate people NOT being rude and insulting to me. Thank you.
OK then please use common sense when you post.  You were asking if anyone knew of ANY TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine forums on a TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine forum.  What kind of responses did you expect?  Seriously.  Like I said, you could have asked if there were any other forums that we knew of besides this one, along with your reason why.  This would have given us much more insight to why you were posting.  But to totally ignore the fact that you were already on a Turbo/PCE board and ask a question like that is almost insulting.  To me it says you are asking because this board simply isn't good enough for you.  And then to post it again in a different section of the same forum doesn't exactly vibe with the way internet forums usually work.  At Magic Box we used to have a HUGE spam problem and yeah, I may be a little trigger-happy as a result, but it is a good idea not to clutter the boards with seemingly nonsensical threads.  You wouldn't miss out on any good answers by limiting your thread to one section, I assure you.  People here don't bite unless you hang a piece of meat in front of their face, metaphorically.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/14/2007, 08:58 PMKeranu, for message boards with only a few dozen active members, then yes I agree.  But when you get boards like Magic Box it becomes necessary to grow a pair and take out the trash every once in awhile, especially where spam is a HUGE problem (which it no longer is at Magic Box and Sega 16).  Otherwise there is no need for mods to begin with.  What mod duties have you done since you attained the status?  Moved a thread or two?  Is there really a need for a mod here?  You seem to think that even "using" mod powers at all is "abusing".
Exactly! My "job" as a mod here is just for simple stuff, moving threads every now and then. Personally I don't find this thread to be a big deal at all, I'm just cutting the guy some slack for an innocent question. Aaron gave me mod powers because he doesn't have much time to visit the boards these days so I can do all that small stuff for him. The only annoyance in this thread is people giving this poster a hard time over something so small.

Quote from: dhowerterKeranu - It says Moderator under your avatar, so does this quote ^^ mean I did not do anything wrong by posting the same question in two forums here?
Well it probably would've been best if you only made one thread, but because of the way the board is laid out, anyone could've made two threads like you did. I wouldn't worry about it. ;)
IMG

esteban

Quote from: dhowerter on 04/15/2007, 01:48 AMKeranu - It says Moderator under your avatar, so does this quote ^^ mean I did not do anything wrong by posting the same question in two forums here?
Hey dhwerter, welcome to the forums :).

As a general rule, posting the same question in multiple locations is considered bad form -- even rude. I've made this mistake myself, of course. You should post a question once, then, based on the feedback, determine if there is a more appropriate place to ask the same question. Sometimes a mod will move your question to the appropriate place, at other times folks will recommend that you re-post yourself. The key is to get a feel for the community first -- or at least make some disclaimers -- so that you don't irritate them! :)

I honestly thought you were a spam-bot when I first read your post. Thankfully, I was preoccupied with another topic and didn't start teasing you :).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

This all kind of takes me back to a suggestion someone made in the past... should the TurboGrafx and PC Engine boards be merged?  I don't see why not.

Seldane

I think pretty much everything should be merged. Except for pretty much every section, they'd best be removed altogether.

How I wish the board looked:

- Site related (all the first four sections merged)
- PC-FX discussion (all the three PC-FX boards merged)
- TG / PCE Discussion
- Sales board
- Chit chat
- General gaming discussion

That's it. I think ALL the other boards are completely obsolete, and just add to the confusion, which is very much an issue, just think about when the Dracula X PSP remake was announced. We got four threads in four different sections. And all were posted by veteran users. Even they don't know where to post.
IMG

Turbo D

I kinda like having pc engine and turbografx in separate threads. I think merging them would make things weird and difficult.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

Why? Difficult in what way? In fact, I can only see it making things less confusing.

I agree with Joe and Seldane. Merge 'em together. I've always thought the layout here seemed a little goofy. Whenever I've started a game thread in the past I'm always at a loss whether to post it in the TurboGrafx forum or the PCE forum. Since I own and play primarily the TurboGrafx, my first inclination is always to post there.

There's absolutely no need for region seperation. I really like Seldane's proposed layout. And of course include the SuperGrafx in the TG/PCE forum.

Not that this is a democracy.

Keranu

It would seem normal to me to have the TG16 and PCE forum merged, but when I look at the amount of threads each forum has, I kinda like them to be seperate. Having all those threads in one forum would be kinda messy to me.
IMG

Turbo D

yes, exactly my point, thanx for clearing that up Keranu  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I don't think it would be that bad.  If they were combined, I don't think that it would have even close to a half a page of new posts to worry about each day.  And having only one forum for the console would lessen the confusion for new members like dhowerter.  In fact, it would make the place look much less messy to begin with.  The amount of forums on the front page is almost overwhelming and therefore it looks messy and cluttered, kind of like my desktop with too many icons on it.

Tatsujin

seldanes propose of restructuring isn't that bad in fact the homebrew/development scene should be clearly separated, since the talks in there are on a completely different level than our usual debates about our so beloved systems.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

GUTS

The sales forums could easily be consolidated into one since there are barely any posts in those.

Keranu

Quote from: GUTS on 04/18/2007, 03:29 PMThe sales forums could easily be consolidated into one since there are barely any posts in those.
Agreed, and also a lot of sellers often sell both TG16 and PCE hardware/software in the same thread.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: GUTS on 04/18/2007, 03:29 PMThe sales forums could easily be consolidated into one since there are barely any posts in those.
Now that i wouldn't mind seeing at all it be less confusion then.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

dhowerter

QuoteThere's absolutely no need for region seperation. I really like Seldane's proposed layout. And of course include the SuperGrafx in the TG/PCE forum.
I agree with every part of this quote ;)

His layout is neat and concise.

Any mods / other people with the power to change this want to chime in on the merging of the PCE and TG 16 boards?  :mrgreen:

nat

grahf

For what its worth, i'll throw in my vote for combining some of the forums.

Joe Redifer

dhowerter, please do not keep replying to yourself like that.  One post with all of your replies would have sufficed.  It is annoying to read a ton of posts in a row all by the same user.  I now truly know that you are not very familiar with internet forums, and I cannot expect much common sense from you.  I also guarantee that you see nothing wrong with the way you just made all of those posts.  Some people's kids.   :roll:

Seldane

Quote from: dhowerter on 04/23/2007, 10:15 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/16/2007, 07:13 PMThis all kind of takes me back to a suggestion someone made in the past... should the TurboGrafx and PC Engine boards be merged?  I don't see why not.
Yes please do!  :mrgreen:

That would simplify things.

Dude, you're not supposed to use periods like that, behold my awesome usage of it

Also: are you that Rubicent that uh, plagued Ancient Land of Ys? You sure remind me of him
IMG

esteban

Seldane's punctuation is spot on. Seriously, we should stop teasing the newcomer. Although, it is fun...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG