My 3D pictures - (56k users beware!)

Started by Joe Redifer, 05/16/2007, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

Here are some pictures I have taken in 3D.
Red = LEFT EYE!!
Enjoy.

wayback://pixelcraze.film-tech.net/3d.htm

IMG
IMG

pixelcraze.film-tech.net/3d/Hook3D.jpg
A simple hook for hanging useless crap from the ceiling.

IMG
/nightpath3D.jpg
A path near my house at night.

pixelcraze.film-tech.net/3d/Wheel3D.jpg
The wheel of an old chair sitting on the old rug.

IMG
Near Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado.

IMG
Red Rocks Amphitheater.  John Tesh played here once, and therefore is is considered "Holy".

IMG
Near Red Rocks Amphitheater looking out towards south Denver.

/redrocks3D5.jpg
This is looking at the stage of Red Rocks Amphitheater from its left side high on some rocks.

pixelcraze.film-tech.net/3d/LakewoodHill3D.jpg
Looking down a barren, weedy hill in Lakewood, Colorado.

IMG
Looking over a small waterfall somewhere in the Colorado mountains.

IMG
My back yard.  Kick ass!

/3d/SegaGames3D.jpg
And of course some Sega Master System games!!!

I may post more pics in this thread in the future based upon demand.

Kitsunexus

WOW, AWESOME!  8) How did you make these?
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Hobo Xiphas

Will the Master System 3D glasses work for these?

I don't have the normal kind.

offsidewing

I just pulled out my "Nightmare before Christmas" 3D glasses and WOW!!

Nice Red Rocks shots.  now go get me some pictures (and MP3s) of Coachella!!

Tatsujin

nice pix. thanx. unfort. i have no green glass around me here. only red, which brings only the half effect.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

Quote from: offsidewingI just pulled out my "Nightmare before Christmas" 3D glasses and WOW!!
From the movie itself?  I'm pretty sure it used polarized glasses and not anaglyph red/blue glasses.  Did you use red/blue glasses to look at my pics?

Quote from: offsidewingNice Red Rocks shots.  now go get me some pictures (and MP3s) of Coachella!!
Who?

offsidewing

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/16/2007, 11:07 PM
Quote from: offsidewingI just pulled out my "Nightmare before Christmas" 3D glasses and WOW!!
From the movie itself?  I'm pretty sure it used polarized glasses and not anaglyph red/blue glasses.  Did you use red/blue glasses to look at my pics?

Quote from: offsidewingNice Red Rocks shots.  now go get me some pictures (and MP3s) of Coachella!!
Who?
Didn't really look at your pics with any specs.  Just trying to throw you some props (and make up some other use for the 3D glasses I have from Monster House AND Nightmare).

I've never been to Red Rocks to catch a show, (guess I never should have dumped that journalist) but now I have pics.  I've never been to Coachella (a music festival in California) so maybe while your taking pictures of venues, you could snap a couple next time you're in Cali during the Ragu a' Festival.

Keranu

Jawesome, Joe! That Master System one is slick.  8)
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

grahf

Damn it I dont have any 3d glasses!

Joe Redifer

Surely you all own Contra: Legacy of War since it is a fine, fine game worthy of nearly infinite praise.  Well that game came with anaglyph 3D glasses which you can use to view these pics.  They are probably in the game box itself which is most likely resting inside the giant shrine you built just to house this magnificent game.

Tatsujin

what a big shame i missed to buy this never diyng master piece of software back when it came out. nowadays it's almost impossible to afford this intangible piece of gods work, since those mutherf***ers on ebay claiming a half empire for. :cry:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/17/2007, 05:26 AMSurely you all own Contra: Legacy of War since it is a fine, fine game worthy of nearly infinite praise.
:lol: LMAO! As of 8:30AM, this is the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks Joe! ^_^
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

BonkThis

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/17/2007, 05:26 AMSurely you all own Contra: Legacy of War since it is a fine, fine game worthy of nearly infinite praise.  Well that game came with anaglyph 3D glasses which you can use to view these pics.  They are probably in the game box itself which is most likely resting inside the giant shrine you built just to house this magnificent game.
or you could bust out your copy of rad racer and hunt for the glasses that came with that, for those of us whos shrines are still under construction. :D

esteban

I actually threw out some 3D glasses recently, now I wish I had kept them (but they were mangled). I'll have to find another pair.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

I finally found some 3D glasses.....

VERY nice photos there Joe!  The 3D effect is very strong in those images.  Did you take them with a 3D camera or changed them in post?  I'm going to try to make a photo myself now....
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I took them mostly with an old crappy Epson digital camera.  Each 3D picture requires two pictures to be taken, one for each eyeball.  I recently got a newer Canon camera... not as nice as yours, but still much better than the Epson and able to do RAW photos.  One night as it snowed I took the following picture of my back yard by setting the camera on my windowsill while I was still inside, and then I just slid it to the right to take the same picture for that eyeball.  I left the shutter open for about 6 seconds or so to get it this bright since it was at 3:00 am.

IMG

PCEngineFX

Thanks for the info!  Man, that photo looks great in 3D!

I just took a quick photo and made it 3D in Photoshop...Have a look.  Turned out not as 3Dish as yours Joe, but not too bad.

EDIT: Just updated the photo with a new better version...

IMG
IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

That's not a bad start!  It might have a better effect if the convergence point was a bit more towards the bottom of the screen in this one. For macro 3D photography, I'd take the left eye picture fist (as usual) and then move the camera to the right a few nanometers (heh) but not quite the difference between two human eyes.  Then I'd turn the angle of the right eye shot a tad towards the left, but not too much.  Then take the pic, do the Photoshop thing, merge and crop!

PCEngineFX

Thanks for the tips - I was thinking that it was too much of a difference in the two images.  I've updated the image above with one I just took.
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Damn you two!  My quest to find a pair of 3d glasses has begun.  I must see this pics in all their glory, as the gods intended.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Yeah that's definitely better.  The only problem with doing super-colorful boxes like that is many colors will be canceled at least slightly out buy one eye or the other... for example the box on the left (not sure what game that is) looks odd through the left eye but fine through the right.  Experimentation is the key!  Whites always work well since white contains every color.  That's why I chose SMS boxes.  HuCards might work well...

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/30/2007, 03:31 PMfor example the box on the left (not sure what game that is)
Magical MM Chase, goddammmmmmmit. Aaron, I'll buy that box from you.

Keranu

Were those two MM's intentional this time, Steve? :)
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

Alright I made a few more tonight just for fun:

IMG
IMG

Might have to squint on this one due to the ghosting:

IMG

Keranu

Great pics, Joe! Especially the first one. Funny in the first pic that no matter how hard I tried removing the HuCard from the TG16, it just wouldn't come out!

The Batman HuCard in the third pic makes me see two of them for some reason. The Sidearms card does too for a few seconds until I focus onto it, but the Batman card just won't focus.
IMG

Joe Redifer

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 05/31/2007, 10:33 PMWere those two MM's intentional this time, Steve? :)
I knew you'd appreciate that. :)

TR0N

Man i need some 3d glasses so i can have a 80's flashback  :arrow:

Looking at them without them gives me a splitting headach..........
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

IMG

nat

Somebody feel free to mail me some 3D glasses. PM me for my home address. Thank you.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games