The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Lamest boot screen EVER.

Started by Kitsunexus, 06/06/2007, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

Let's break this down for the bandwidth-impaired. First, we have a "cool" zooming logo with a digitized roar, falling ugly as fuck almost-voxel letters with cheesy ass Casio falling sounds, then with an equally Casio and kindergarten-ish theme for the Atari fanfare. This is then followed by the classic Fairlight CMI orchestra stab, overused in the 80's and then used in Nintendo games such as Mario Paint and Star Fox. This "amazing" graphical demonstration was apparently not enough for Atari, we had to have a low-poly spinning cube with an ugly picture of a real jaguar on all sides. I sincerely doubt this picture was royalty free, I'm assuming they stole it.

WTF was Atari smoking? If this was the console I was releasing I would be SO embarrassed if it booted like that.

Is this or is this not, the lamest/gayest/suckiest/shittiest/worst/i'm out of fucking adjectives boot screen in history?
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Turbo D

Yes, it gets gay fast, right after the jaguar roar. But there is hope; the jag cd attachment. It makes the system use a cool virtual light machine boot screen, wow cool dude.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

That's actually pretty cool. Not as cool as the FM Towns Marty, but still cool.

Keranu

I've never seen the Jaguar boot up screen before, but I thought that was pretty sweet myself! I love how it plays the "Have you played Atari today?" theme song. The image of the Jaguar in the box was unnecessary, but I got a good kick out of it for it's cheesiness. The CD light show looked neat too, but not as cool as what I was hoping for when I first heard about it last year.

That FM Towns Marty boot up is way too damn long!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Keranu on 06/06/2007, 10:11 PMI've never seen the Jaguar boot up screen before, but I thought that was pretty sweet myself! I love how it plays the "Have you played Atari today?" theme song. The image of the Jaguar in the box was unnecessary, but I got a good kick out of it for it's cheesiness. The CD light show looked neat too, but not as cool as what I was hoping for when I first heard about it last year.

That FM Towns Marty boot up is way too damn long!
1. I didn't even know that Casio fart had a name.

2. The light show would be cool even if it was just a solitary blue pixel because it is coded by Jeff "Yak" Minter. A.K.A. God.

3. The vectorball sequence in the FM Towns Marty is completely skippable. I like to have things boot up and play music and cool graphical effects for me, until I tell them to stop. Think of it as the FM Town's little way of saying "Thank you for rescuing me from the back of some junk store where I would have rotted away until the end of time! I hope I can make you happy and prove to be useful for you! ^_^". It's like in those movies when the hero saves the town, and the little girl or boy runs up and gives them something they made, it's not spectacular but he knows they spent a lot of time making it, so he gives them a knoing smile and off he goes. It's like that.

NecroPhile

Agreed - Lame boot screen for a lame console.

The Sega CD is equally lame - Yippee!  Let's scale and rotate a lame color cycling Sega CD logo and a Sega logo in front of a lame shot of the earth while some lame music plays.  Thank the gods they used both logos or people would have stayed up nights trying to figure out who made the Sega CD.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Seldane

That boot screen is a major crime against everything that doesn't suck. It was the most awful thing I've seen since I saw the Atari Jaguar itself. If I could erase something from the history of the universe, it would be the Jaguar. Or the Cd-i.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest on 06/07/2007, 09:38 AMThe Sega CD is equally lame - Yippee!  Let's scale and rotate a lame color cycling Sega CD logo and a Sega logo in front of a lame shot of the earth while some lame music plays.  Thank the gods they used both logos or people would have stayed up nights trying to figure out who made the Sega CD.
The Japanese edition boot screen is AWESOME though.

Quote from: Seldane on 06/07/2007, 10:21 AMThat boot screen is a major crime against everything that doesn't suck. It was the most awful thing I've seen since I saw the Atari Jaguar itself. If I could erase something from the history of the universe, it would be the Jaguar. Or the Cd-i.
The Jaguar DOES have Tempest 2000 and AVP though, dude.

Keranu

Do you hate Jaguar because it's ALL-AMERICAN?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Seldane

If you asked me: No, I do it because it sucks.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

Kitsunexus

Seldane said it first.

When there are only TWO good games on your system, you have some serious freaking issues.

Keranu

I've been wanting to get a Jaguar for awhile now, but keep passing it up! I've only played a handful of games and thought it was decent. I also want to get one for the strong homebrew support alone.
IMG

Dark Fact

Looked like a boot up I could expect on an old 386 PC.  God, that was cheesy! :?

Quote from: kitsunexusWhen there are only TWO good games on your system, you have some serious freaking issues.
DOOM and what else? :-k
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

ParanoiaDragon

What else you ask?  I love most of my games for the Jag!  Sure, there's the usual Tempest 2K & AvP, but I also love Atari Karts, Attack of the Mutant Pegnuins, Protector, Defender 2K, Missile Command 3D, Hyper Force, Battle Morph, Breakout 2000, Brutal Sports Football, Cannon Fodder, Checkered Flag, Club Drive, Evolution: Dino Dudes, Fever Pitch Soccer , Flashback, Flip Out!, Hover Strike: Unconquered Lands CD, Iron Soldier, Iron Soldier 2 CD, I-War, NBA Jam, Painter CD, Pinbal Fantasies, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Power Drive Rally, Primal Rage CD, Raiden, Rayman, Ruiner Pinball, Sensible Soccer, Skyhammer, Soccer Kid, Super Burnout, Total Carnage, Val D'isere Skiing and Snowboarding, Wolfenstein 3D, World Tour Racing CD, Worms, Zero 5, Zool 2, & Zoop (Viacom/Atari) (Apr 03, 2006)

I also here Battle Sphere is really good, but expensive!  Now, I'm not saying these games are awesome, but, I still love them, & I deffinitly love the Jag over the 3DO I might mention!
IMG

TR0N

Sega CD Start up Model 1
For some odd reason the music for it put's me off.

I perfer the start up on the model 2 more on the Sega CD.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Hobo Xiphas

Although it is not a boot screen, the best console CD playing interface is the Saturn because of the awesome spaceship animation.  8)

CrackTiger

Quote from: Xiphas on 06/08/2007, 04:43 AMAlthough it is not a boot screen, the best console CD playing interface is the Saturn because of the awesome spaceship animation.  8)
The Saturn is still my favorite CD player.  8)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/07/2007, 03:33 PMThe Japanese edition boot screen is AWESOME though.
It's much better than the Sega CD's, but awesome is a bit of a stretch.  Long ass tech demos of scaling and rotation are lame, but flashing 'Press Run Button' screens are AWESOME.  :)

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Dark Fact on 06/08/2007, 12:21 AMDOOM and what else? :-k
I was talking about T2K and AVP. Doom is better on PC.

Quote from: guest on 06/08/2007, 10:35 AMIt's much better than the Sega CD's, but awesome is a bit of a stretch.  Long ass tech demos of scaling and rotation are lame, but flashing 'Press Run Button' screens are AWESOME.  :)
I like the music better. Yes, I mean that 5 second inspirational piano loop....XD

Quote from: Xiphas on 06/08/2007, 04:43 AMAlthough it is not a boot screen, the best console CD playing interface is the Saturn because of the awesome spaceship animation.  8)

I agree wholeheartedly.

kenomac78

lame because you see it in the the eyes of 2007. plus  retconning history and console bashing go hand in hand on message boards no matter where you go.  youll always see the same things said by people probably not even involved n gams back then, whether its jaguar sucks, gamecube was a failure,  e.t. was the worst videogame ever made, final fantasy 7 was the best game ever made, and so on...

but to buy this thing in 1993 like i did, and watch that was entertaining. back then  a boot screen as a novelty and i was surprised it even had one. but it was cool to me then and now

also you can spin and shrink the little cat box as well.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: kenomac78 on 06/09/2007, 07:17 AMlame because you see it in the the eyes of 2007.
Jaguar was lame in the eyes of 1993, dude. If some inter-fucking-dimensional portal up and sucked the Jaguar back in time, it'd be lame in the eyes of 1846.

Jaguar sucks, except for 2 very VERY good games known as Tempest 2000 and Alien Versus Predator.

Joe Redifer

I did not like Alien vs Predator.  It was just too damn choppy.  And playing Tempest with a d-pad sucks.  Needs a dial.

td741

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/09/2007, 01:30 PMJaguar sucks, except for 2 very VERY good games known as Tempest 2000 and Alien Versus Predator.
and Super Burnout, Iron Soldier...  (I know there are others, err, need to fix my JagCD since I haven't played Iron Soldier 2 yet!! ARGH!).

There are some good ports too like Canon Fodder. ;)

Anyway, I will admit that I was really not impressed with the Jag at the beginning.  But there are a few gems in the mix.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: td741 on 06/09/2007, 09:46 PMThere are some good ports too like Canon Fodder. ;)
There is no such thing as a good Amiga port. Only Amiga can do Amiga.

BTW, someday for curiosity's sake, check out the emulators that run on Amiga at Zophar's Domain. Yes, Amiga running SNES. :)

gundarN

I like the Gamecube boot screen and the sounds it makes when navigating the system menu. Then, of course, you can change the sound effects...

nat

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/10/2007, 12:29 AMBTW, someday for curiosity's sake, check out the emulators that run on Amiga at Zophar's Domain. Yes, Amiga running SNES. :)
I get the impression you like the Amiga. Amiga rocks.

My grandparents had a couple Amigas back in the 80's. My grandmother, who is a painter, used to do all sorts of kick ass artwork on the Amiga. Whenever I went over there I would play Pipe Dream and some golf game who's name escapes me at the moment. The Amiga made a big impression on me at the time because it was so much cooler than the CP/M-based Kaypro my parents owned. All I could play at home was PacMan and Space Invaders in green-and-black CRT glory. Although I did have a lot of fun with the Colossal Cave Adventure game.

I think the Kaypro had a maximum graphics resolution of like 100x100 with 3 colors (dark green, bright green, and black).

Quote from: gundarN on 06/10/2007, 03:36 AMI like the Gamecube boot screen and the sounds it makes when navigating the system menu. Then, of course, you can change the sound effects...
you can change those? Man, I never knew that. I have to go try that right now.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

gundarN

Quote from: nat on 06/10/2007, 03:49 AM
Quote from: gundarN on 06/10/2007, 03:36 AMI like the Gamecube boot screen and the sounds it makes when navigating the system menu. Then, of course, you can change the sound effects...
you can change those? Man, I never knew that. I have to go try that right now.
I think if you hold Z when switching it on, you get Mario sound effects instead.
You can play with the sounds with 4 controllers connected.

I think.

TurboXray

Quote from: kenomac78 on 06/09/2007, 07:17 AMlame because you see it in the the eyes of 2007. plus  retconning history and console bashing go hand in hand on message boards no matter where you go.  youll always see the same things said by people probably not even involved n gams back then, whether its jaguar sucks, gamecube was a failure,  e.t. was the worst videogame ever made, final fantasy 7 was the best game ever made, and so on...

but to buy this thing in 1993 like i did, and watch that was entertaining. back then  a boot screen as a novelty and i was surprised it even had one. but it was cool to me then and now

also you can spin and shrink the little cat box as well.
I was there, man! Back in '93... that thing was a piece of *crap*. I remember one of the games... some sort of craptacular side view shooter...  had no music. One of my friends had one and tried to explain the absence of music as some sort of new realism and I could do was shake my head at him.

If anything, the system's cooler now than it was then.

MrFulci

I thought the Jaguar was pretty nice when it first was released. Seeing the controllers for the first time I though back to the Atari 5200 controllers and it's overlays. Though it reminded me of the 5200, and these controllers were better made, I didn't care much for them.

Around the time of 386 computers, and especially when 486/Pentium became available, I got into FPS games.

Seeing Doom and Wolfenstein 3D on a Jaguar looked about as good as the PC. Though, the problem I had with the system involved the controllers. Once you experience FPS games with keyboard and mouse, and a mess of keys and commands you can group together pretty much however you want, any other way of playing FPS games seems inadequate. Still, for folks who didn't have access to those types of computers, the Jaguar ports were probably the best-looking way to play them.

Jaguar had some decent games from the start, I was a bit impressed with DOOM, Wolfenstein 3D, Tempest 2000. If they had kept going with games/ports of that quality, it would have probably stuck around a bit longer.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

td741

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/10/2007, 12:29 AMThere is no such thing as a good Amiga port. Only Amiga can do Amiga.

BTW, someday for curiosity's sake, check out the emulators that run on Amiga at Zophar's Domain. Yes, Amiga running SNES. :)
Umm... I'm a long time Amiga user...  No need to sing the Amiga's praises to me.  I've got a A1200 (040) hooked up and (*sacriledge*) two pegasos machines (and an Efika, but since it's not running MOS, I can't count it yet.)  I do have assorted Amiga parts in storage (including PAWS kits). ;)

That said, I would state that I prefer the (US) TG-16 version of Shadow of the Beast over the Amiga Original version, the PC-CD version of Loom over the disappointing Amiga conversion and the Jaguar version of Cannon Fodder is very good (okay, it lacks mouse control but otherwise it's a decent port.)

Kitsunexus

Quote from: td741 on 06/10/2007, 12:46 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/10/2007, 12:29 AMThere is no such thing as a good Amiga port. Only Amiga can do Amiga.

Umm... I'm a long time Amiga user...  No need to sing the Amiga's praises to me.  I've got a A1200 (040) hooked up and (*sacriledge*) two pegasos machines (and an Efika, but since it's not running MOS, I can't count it yet.)  I do have assorted Amiga parts in storage (including PAWS kits). ;) 
Wow. 0_0 That's a BUNCH of stuff! Have you ever built an Amithlon?

Joe Redifer

I also agree that TurboGrafx Shadow of the Beast is better.  The game is still crap, though.  But it has great graphics and even better music.  Ooo!  And Star Control is better on the Genesis than the Amiga because, ummm, I dunno.  I only rented it once and I hated it.  But the graphics were identical.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/09/2007, 02:54 PMI did not like Alien vs Predator.  It was just too damn choppy.  And playing Tempest with a d-pad sucks.  Needs a dial.
Those modded (?) Jaguar controllers with the dial built into the d-pad make Tempest 2000 feel soooo nice.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I personally don't recall having any problems with the Jag controller, I think most people like to overexagerate.
IMG

kenomac78

i think being a jaguar fan is like that of wrestling

if you believe in it, no eplaination is needed. if you dont, no explanation will ever do.

Keranu

Jaguar controllers are much more comfortable than they look. I still don't understand why they decided to add a whole number key to the controller, but it feels nice to have that extra height actually.
IMG

Turbo D

ya, it does feel good. It really fills up your hands. The pro controller is pretty cool too.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

td741

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/10/2007, 01:49 PMWow. 0_0 That's a BUNCH of stuff! Have you ever built an Amithlon?
I bought the Amithlon/Amiga OSXL disk when it was available.  I didn't quite have a fully supported PC at the time, but I tested it out on a friend's machine.  The Amiga OSXL worked fine on the PC I had at the time (UAE with pre-installed 3.9 for QNX).  My heavily expanded amigas were getting more and more unstable so I was looking for something powerful and stable.  I didn't like the fact that Haage and Partner seemed to be selling Amithlon (without an installer even) and forcing people to buy their OSXL though.  After Amiga Inc had their falling out with Haage and Partner over 3.9 followed by the boiling over of problems between Frank and Bernie causing the official demise of Amithlon...  I sort of never bothered building a full system with it.  It's also a shame that Bernie was never really able to lauch umilator (an improved Amithlon that was stripped of Frank's code).  It would be interesting to get a Amithlon-like system up and running running a customized 68K-x86 build of AROS. 

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/10/2007, 05:23 PMI also agree that TurboGrafx Shadow of the Beast is better.  The game is still crap, though.  But it has great graphics and even better music.  Ooo!  And Star Control is better on the Genesis than the Amiga because, ummm, I dunno.  I only rented it once and I hated it.  But the graphics were identical.
Actually, what I think helped Shadow of the Beast on the TG-16 (apart from a better animated main character, better music) was the control scheme.  The Amiga version was stuck with having "jump" being up.  Ugh.  The only thing the Amiga had over the TG version was more parallax scrolling in the other areas of the game.  I'm trying to remember if Shadow of the Beast II worked with 2 buttons...  (man, I think I still have the pack-in T-shirt for that one somewhere. :P)

I haven't played the original Star Control, but I liked Star Control II.  I wonder how the 3D0 version stacks up...

akamichi

Quote from: td741 on 06/11/2007, 09:45 AMI haven't played the original Star Control, but I liked Star Control II.  I wonder how the 3D0 version stacks up...
Urquan Masters (aka Star Control II) FTW!.  Open source remake based on the 3D0 source code that was released to the public.  It's basically a port of the 3D0 version made to work with modern PCs.

GUTS

Shadow of the Beast also had good hit detection on the TG16 so you could actually beat it, every other version I've tried was so fucking impossible because of how unforgiving the hit detection was.

Shadow of the Beast 3 is awesome if you guys haven't played that, I hated part II but 3 is so sweet.

Keranu

Quote from: akamichi on 06/11/2007, 11:13 AM
Quote from: td741 on 06/11/2007, 09:45 AMI haven't played the original Star Control, but I liked Star Control II.  I wonder how the 3D0 version stacks up...
Urquan Masters (aka Star Control II) FTW!.  Open source remake based on the 3D0 source code that was released to the public.  It's basically a port of the 3D0 version made to work with modern PCs.
I've downloaded this before and it's AWESOME!
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: td741 on 06/11/2007, 09:45 AMI bought the Amithlon/Amiga OSXL disk when it was available.  I didn't quite have a fully supported PC at the time, but I tested it out on a friend's machine.  The Amiga OSXL worked fine on the PC I had at the time (UAE with pre-installed 3.9 for QNX).  My heavily expanded amigas were getting more and more unstable so I was looking for something powerful and stable.  I didn't like the fact that Haage and Partner seemed to be selling Amithlon (without an installer even) and forcing people to buy their OSXL though.  After Amiga Inc had their falling out with Haage and Partner over 3.9 followed by the boiling over of problems between Frank and Bernie causing the official demise of Amithlon...  I sort of never bothered building a full system with it.  It's also a shame that Bernie was never really able to lauch umilator (an improved Amithlon that was stripped of Frank's code).  It would be interesting to get a Amithlon-like system up and running running a customized 68K-x86 build of AROS. 
Oh Jesus, you said it all man. Amiga is probably the operating system that has had the most legal troubles ever. At least it's WORTH the troubles and the wait and the hardships and shit.

Quote from: akamichi on 06/11/2007, 11:13 AM
SC2 has GREAT music. ^_^

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: GUTS on 06/11/2007, 04:00 PMShadow of the Beast also had good hit detection on the TG16 so you could actually beat it, every other version I've tried was so fucking impossible because of how unforgiving the hit detection was.

Shadow of the Beast 3 is awesome if you guys haven't played that, I hated part II but 3 is so sweet.
I've played a little of 3 on an emulator, it seems pretty tight!  I wish it would've been released for a console.  Wasn't there a 4?  Or was that supposed to be the 3D one for PS1??
IMG

terrormask

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/07/2007, 04:35 PMWhen there are only TWO good games on your system, you have some serious freaking issues.
Yes the Atari Jaguar sucked, but Atari is far from defeated. Even though Atari has not released another system since the Jaguar, Atari has been getting a little help from high places technology wise. I learned after the Jaguar failed markets worldwide, the U.S. military bought the company. That's were they are getting help and that's where the mystery pops in.

Since Doom, it has been quite known that the military has an interest in making video games that could help train soldiers. I wonder what kind of technology is the military trying to develop with Atari...perhaps virtual reality technology. Who knows.

And if Atari gets this kind of technology and decides to try the video game market again by making a new console using virtual reality technology; Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft had better come up with something good for a new system fast or they'll all lose to Atari.

NecroPhile

I recently saw a show on the ol' boob tube about using VR helmets to help Iraq veterans with post traumatic stress issues.  The idea was to remember the experience and talk about it with a counselor, rather than suppress it and have it pop up at random.  The imaging was far from photo realistic, but they could make the floor shake and could pipe in diesel exhaust and smoke to make it more real.

I can't see VR ever taking over the console market.  The Wii has shown how important the social aspect of video gaming can be, but VR doesn't allow anyone else to observe the action.  It's also not much of an improvement to have the screen follow head movements when everything else is still controlled by a joy stick. 

Quote from: terrormask on 06/12/2007, 06:46 AMNintendo, Sony, Microsoft had better come up with something good for a new system fast or they'll all lose to Atari.
I doubt that the current big three are too worried.  If the crazy Frenchies were to bring a new Atari to the console wars, it would quickly surrender.  :lol:

Kitsunexus

Quote from: terrormask on 06/12/2007, 06:46 AMYes the Atari Jaguar sucked, but Atari is far from defeated. Even though Atari has not released another system since the Jaguar, Atari has been getting a little help from high places technology wise. I learned after the Jaguar failed markets worldwide, the U.S. military bought the company. That's were they are getting help and that's where the mystery pops in.
Not true. The company merged with a disk drive manufacturer who had no interest in their gaming properties, these properties were sold to Infogrames.

The unsold stock of Jaguars were shipped to companies who used them in kiddie rides like Skycopter II, and the case molds were sold to a company that makes cameras for dentists (it's unbelievable, I wish I could find that site that had the picture).

BTW, if any of you have the Reservoir Dogs 10 year DVD, pop in the widescreen disc, go to deleted scenes and watch the scene "Background Check". The female police officer is using an Atari ST.  :lol:

Seldane

The Atari name's still tormenting us with awful game releases... or at least they have been. I think they finally went bankrupt or something, but I might be confusing things. :P
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Seldane on 06/12/2007, 03:02 PMThe Atari name's still tormenting us with awful game releases... or at least they have been. I think they finally went bankrupt or something, but I might be confusing things. :P
See above, they went bankrupt, merged with a disk drive manufacturer, and sold the Atari name and game licenses to Infogrames.

Seldane

Yeah exactly. That's why I said Atari name. Infogrames, a company that has never made or published a good game, put the Atari name on their lame productions. Ban Infogrames.
IMG

Joe Redifer

I used to have a job as a game tester and one of the games was a PC military simulator designed to train soldiers over yonder in that Iraq place.  It was designed to keep them on the look out for IEDs and whatnot.  It had nothing to do with Atari.  I truly hated that job.  Here are two screenshots I swiped and e-mailed to myself (a big no-no) of that game:

IMG

IMG