10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

forum growth

Started by nat, 06/07/2007, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceti Alpha

QuoteHere's a Canadian sterotype fact:

Any Canadian you meet abroad will always point out how that celebrity xyz that just popped out on the tube is Canadian for the umpteenth time, all while rest of the crowd from different nations look each other with that "I really didn't give a fuck" look.  Smile

Seriously, I've must of come across this symptom from about a dozen Canadians (including my wife) while I was living in Korea & Japan.  Smile
Yeah, that is definitely true. We know it too.  :mrgreen: We just can't help our Hollywood inferiority complex. hehe. I think it's starting to fade slowly though as it is becoming more common to have Canadians break through into Hollywood.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2008, 05:48 PM
Quote from: nat on 02/06/2008, 11:26 PMAs long as I get my volume reports and such turned in on time nobody takes a second glance.
What about TPS reports?
:lol: :lol: LOL I was thinking the same thing!!

I think the funniest part of that movie for me was hearing that Ice Cube song "creep" while they were pulling the e-caper...

OldTurboBastard

If you wanna see more activity, just start another "Turbo vs. Genesis" thread....
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

Turbo D

screw you hippie!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

Yeah OTB should change his name to "OldGenesisFanBoy".  :wink:

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OldTurboBastard

Quote from: nat on 02/17/2008, 09:47 PMYeah OTB should change his name to "OldGenesisFanBoy".  :wink:
Bah! I am merely the yin to your turbo fanboy yang, the great equalizer of biased opinion that stems from blowing our allowance on the system 17 years ago and backing it 100% until they pry the controller from our hands on our death beds while we proclaim "it's still better than genesis!!! and it can do parallax too! really!!"

:dance:
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

awack

The pc engine can do parallax scrolling  :dance:

Ceti Alpha

Teh pc engine pwns parallax scrolling.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Joe Redifer

The PC Engine could do parallax scrolling so well that it made the Genesis look like it had but a single screen which couldn't even move.