@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Not another screenshot quiz...

Started by _Paul, 07/15/2007, 04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo D

Oh no, he's toying with our minds. will we ever be able to guess his puzzle?
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

I recognize the image but can't place it.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

_Paul

So...we have either a ball or the Japanese flag...with cracks around it.

I've been searching my site for inspiration but still can't come up with an answer! It's not a game with different titles for different countries is it?

Joe Redifer

What are the names of Covell's own games?

NecroPhile

I'll guess Hit the Ice, 'cause it kinda looks like someone hit the ice at a faceoff spot and cracked it a bit.  :roll:

Okay, it's a lame guess.  I think that we could use a hint here.  US or Japan?  CD, HuCard, or SCD?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

segasonic

Quote from: ccovell on 07/16/2007, 06:20 AMOkay, I'm guessing that I'm right.  Here's the next one: /mystery5.gif
Legend of Mirror Country?

I was thinking for ages about the Odyssey2 one earlier - but they were called the Philips Videopac G7000 over here, forgot they were the Odyssey overseas. :D

TurboXray

ccovell

OK, I'll give a BIG hint here.  Yes, that is the Japanese flag.  That was supposed to hint at the phonetic filter of the word.   :wink:

sunteam_paul has been closest with his wild stabs in his deductions.

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Keranu on 07/16/2007, 10:54 PMZipang?
I thought the same thing, but, I don't see how that connects.  I know in Far East of Eden, Japan is called Jipang or something like that....hmmm.  And I really want to win this, so I can post, what I think is a really interesting one!
IMG

Turbo D

What the heck is a phonetic filter? I tried googling it and got nothing  :-k
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

ccovell

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/17/2007, 01:33 AMAnd I really want to win this, so I can post, what I think is a really interesting one!
Are you saying mine's not interesting? :twisted:

Turbo D

Yours is damn interesting, I've been thinking about it all day long  :-k
IMG IMG
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: ccovell on 07/17/2007, 01:42 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/17/2007, 01:33 AMAnd I really want to win this, so I can post, what I think is a really interesting one!
Are you saying mine's not interesting? :twisted:
Nope, not saying that, I'm just saying I have one that I "think" might stump some people..........or, it might give other people a good laugh :D
IMG

MrFulci

Godzilla? That thing broke a lot of stuff in Japan... haha
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/16/2007, 03:23 AMOoooo!  Ooooo!  I've got one!  You guys will absolutely NEVER guess this one, unless of course you do.
guessomgstfu.jpg
:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Haha I didn't see that image, that's great!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

This current one needs to end soon.  There should be a 2-day limit for guessing.  Otherwise the thread will sink into oblivion since nobody can guess.  Tell us what it is already!  I've already got a good one to post (though it is easy).

akamichi

Quote from: ccovell on 07/16/2007, 06:20 AMOkay, I'm guessing that I'm right.  Here's the next one: /mystery5.gif
Klax!

Took me a bit to understand the purpose of the Japanese flag.  ](*,)

If I'm right, somebody else can post something.  I don't have a picture (or idea) yet.  :D

Joe Redifer

If that means Klax, then I must say "WTF???"  Oooooo waitaminute.  I GET IT!  LOL.

Joe Redifer

Alright, here's mine.  Gross and easy.

guess2.jpg

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

ccovell

Quote from: akamichi on 07/18/2007, 05:08 AM
Quote from: ccovell on 07/16/2007, 06:20 AMOkay, I'm guessing that I'm right.  Here's the next one:
/mystery5.gif
Klax!

Took me a bit to understand the purpose of the Japanese flag.  ](*,)

If I'm right, somebody else can post something.  I don't have a picture (or idea) yet.  :D
We FINALLY have a winner!!!!!   Good job, a great feat of ratelar thinking!   :D

ccovell

All-turd Beast!

Altered Beast.

The first one is a good description of the game itself, actually.  I'm interested in seeing what ParanoiaDragon has cooked up, so take it away PD!

Joe Redifer

ParanoiaDragon

/6a00c225200e668fdb00cd9rk7.th.jpg
/tropbirduw6.th.gif
/gamblefe3.th.jpg

For all I know, someone, or maybe everyone will get it right away, but, I love it all the same. :D
IMG

Joe Redifer

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

td741

NecroPhile

Arrgh!  You beat me to it, td741!  I'm sure that you're correct.

td741

I'm just waiting for confirmation before posting mine. :P  I've got three set up, but they might be a bit too easy. :P

Turbo D

you're definitely right dude, go ahead and post yours  :wink:
IMG IMG
IMG

td741

Okay...  Which one, okay I'll start with one that doesn't involve my scribbles:

sdesros.ca/officail/puzzle3.jpg

(Don't peak at the other ones now. :P)

NecroPhile

td741

Yeah... I guess that one was too easy:
Dyna(girl) + Stick   Heel + Row

Shall I post my next one, or do you have one to post Necromancer?

spenoza

That makes a lot more sense than ChickStick ShoeCrew, which is all I could come up with up to this point :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: td741 on 07/19/2007, 10:43 AMShall I post my next one, or do you have one to post Necromancer?
Go ahead and show us the next one please.

td741

Here we go...

sdesros.ca/officail/puzzle1.jpg

Hint: it's not ChickStick ShoeCrew  :lol:

_Paul

Uh, Out Run (Harry Potter Edition)?

NecroPhile

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

td741

Yes!

Magical Chase... :P
(Not Outrun. ;))

Okay, my last one...  This one should be much easier...

sdesros.ca/officail/puzzle2.jpg

NecroPhile

td741

Yes...  Chase Etched-Q -> Chase H.Q. :P

Okay, I'm out.

_Paul

Bah, I was going to post Chase HQ, but couldn't for the life of me work out the H bit.

NecroPhile

Those were nice td741, thanks for sharing.

Here's an easy one for y'all.
IMG

td741

Die Hard?

Edit... oops... :P

NecroPhile

Yup, you're correct!  I'm not very clever, but I still managed to drag this down into the gutter.  :D

td741