@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Not another screenshot quiz...

Started by _Paul, 07/15/2007, 04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/20/2007, 11:49 PMWell, I've been waiting to post one, even though I didn't spend much time on it.  You probably won't need much time to guess it, either:
guess3.jpg
Fatal Fury 2 !!!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

No, but at least you got the number correct.  Sound it out.

NecroPhile

Is it Exile II (X Aisle 2)?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Ding ding ding!  You win!  Yes, you are in a store called X, wandering aisle 2.  :)

NecroPhile

That was a pretty good one Joe!  =D>

The floor's open to whoever wants it, since I have nothing brewin'.

P.S. - @Tone: So was yours 'Download'?

Ninja Spirit

Yeah it is [guest], I forgot to get back to you on that!

This thread is slammin' fun. I oughta do a spin off Sega and Nintendo edition

esteban

Hey Tone, was I correct with my guesses?

Joe, I love your riddle for Exile 2! Awesome. :)

Anyway, I've been eager to share this with you folks! It is partially an homage / partially pictionary, and yes, my dear friends, I'm sure you were expecting this at some point:

IMG

Note: This post is dedicated to GUTS. :)

Joe Redifer

I keep wanting to say "Bloodia" even though I don't know what it is or even if it is a PCE game.  Plus, I don't think that's what this is.  But it has the word "Blood" in it, so I can only think of titles with that word in it.

NecroPhile

I too think that it is Blodia.  The green sphere is taken from the game's manual cover, isn't it?

*EDIT* - Why the bloody hell is the gray background bleeding onto the dude's head?

Joe Redifer

Because he used the wand tool.

Anyway, this is stretching it, but... Rondo of Blood????

OldRover

It might be Blood Gear. Or one of the Hot Blood sports games, although it looks like neither a dodgeball or a soccerball.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

ParanoiaDragon

The only one that makes sense to me is Rondo of Blood.  I've seen the name translated to Circle of Blood of few times, & a rondo is circular I believe, so, yeah, that's what I think it is......which Joe already answered!
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: esteban on 07/21/2007, 10:30 PMIMG
Oh man, I love that cheesy half minute photo editing :D . IMAGE SAVED!

And yes, I think it totally has to be Blodia, especially since he said "This post is dedicated to GUTS."

Using the marble from the cover - brilliant!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

Joe, NecroPhile and Keranu are correct! Joe gets the prize, though :).

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/21/2007, 11:18 PMI keep wanting to say "Bloodia" even though I don't know what it is or even if it is a PCE game.  Plus, I don't think that's what this is.  But it has the word "Blood" in it, so I can only think of titles with that word in it.
Here is a side-by-side for you folks:

IMG IMG

Quote from: Keranu on 07/22/2007, 03:27 AMOh man, I love that cheesy half minute photo editing :D . IMAGE SAVED!
Ha! :). At first I was going to get rid of the trees on the right-hand side, but then I got lazy. I can tell you this, though: The patch of hair was intended to echo the shadow (cast from the metallic marble) in the original cover! That's why I chose that picture, in fact! Ahhhhhh.... the simple things in life...

Joe Redifer

OK I'll cook u another one.  Give me a small amount of time and I'll be back with another awesome mouse-drawn image!

Joe Redifer

OK.  Here's another one:

guess4.jpg

ParanoiaDragon

Dungeon Explorer.  At first I thought that was a super model posing in the background :D
IMG

OldRover

Dungeon Explorer

DAMMIT you answered just before me!

I got one that I'd like to post after this one if that's okay with everyone... :D
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

ParanoiaDragon

I'm going to go ahead & post mine, assuming I was right.

IMG

IMG

http://www.lacoctelera.com/myfiles/elterrariodedonovan/champloo.png
IMG

OldRover

ParanoiaDragon

Nope, but an interesting guess none the less!
IMG

Joe Redifer

You were right.  It was Dungeon Explorer.

Turbo D

mwahahaha, I know the answer to this one. Its.. its... Tatsujin!!!!!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Turbo D

If I've won, someone take my turn. I have more fun guessing  :D
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Yup, you got it!  I was going to have a picture of a bottle of gin, but, then I thought about Jin from Samurai Champloo, but then I though, putting a picture of just Jin would be too easy, so, I did the 3 of them!

Oh, & on Sue, I at first thought about showing a lawer in court, but, just went with what you saw above.
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: turbo D on 07/23/2007, 04:54 AMIf I've won, someone take my turn. I have more fun guessing  :D
Here's one:

/puzzle2sg5.jpg

ParanoiaDragon

It's obviously that popular game Time Rouge Sandwhich!

Edit-Oops, I guess that isn't a sandwhich, so, I must be wrong ](*,)
IMG

Turbo D

It looks to be some sort of yule log cake  :-k
IMG IMG
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Nödtveidt on 07/22/2007, 11:33 PMDungeon Explorer

DAMMIT you answered just before me!

I got one that I'd like to post after this one if that's okay with everyone... :D
Goddam, all of you cats beat me to it!

Now, as far as the current puzzle is concerned... I have no idea!

ccovell

_Paul

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

ccovell

OK, damn.  Just trolling for red herrings.

Oh, hey, that was a pun!

spenoza

Time - Anna - Log...
Time Analog...
Alas, I do not know the catalog well enough for this to actually take me anywhere.

ccovell

This one has me stumped.  Some hints, please?  [-o<

_Paul

td741

Joe Redifer

HikoyyounoYakyyonoGumpeinoShikai????

How about:
その国のだれでもにやっと外で知られている日本のゲームか  ???

_Paul

NecroPhile

ccovell

OldRover

OldRover

Since I don't have a lot of spare time to either guess or make images, I figured I'd give y'all a couple here. They should both be pretty easy to guess.

/guessthisgame1.png
/guessthisgame2.png

NecroPhile

Veigues Tactical Gladiator and Image Fight?

OldRover

Yes and yes. :) See, I told ya they'd be easy to guess, especially the second one. :D

Joe Redifer

I've got a good one that's ready to go, but I'll wait for confirmation on Digital Champ and also wait to see if anyone else wants to go first.

_Paul

Yes Digital Champ was correct, well done that man.

NecroPhile

=D>  Well done, Paul!  Nice Rogue and yule log red herrings - they were delicious.

Go ahead Joe.  Let's see what you have.

Joe Redifer

Alright, here it is.  And yes, this is for a PC Engine game.  DON'T LET YOUR BROWSER SHRINK-TO-FIT THIS IMAGE!

guess5.jpg

Have fun.

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG