@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Pcenginefx Radio Status Thread - Updated 8.3.08 (see #40)

Started by PCEngineFX, 09/05/2007, 11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

This thread is for letting you know about the status of Pcenginefx Radio.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

NecroPhile

Woo-hoo!  I was afraid that it was gone for good.  Thanks, Mr. Nanto.  :dance:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Turbo D

Yay, thanks Arron  =D>, it was missed greatly  :D
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Uh.... I just checked it out and just heard a loop of the pcenginefx promo spots.  Is it just me?  Am I special?  :|

*edit*  Never mind - I checked it again, and it worked dandy.  Maybe I am special, just not in the good way.

Tablet

:( yeah i heard the same thing too

EDIT: :dance:

PCEngineFX

Sorry, will look into it.  I assumed it would just work again after I turned on the server but apparently not....
IMG

PCEngineFX

Can anyone let me know here if the radio stream is working properly now?  I believe I have fixed the problem.
IMG

Tablet

Yeah it seems to be fixed, songs are following each other without all the PCengineFX radio spots that looped between each track

I love this station, good work  :dance:

PCEngineFX

Stream is back down until I determine why the radio program insists on playing the Pcenginefx Radio spots all the time  ](*,) (it must love the sound of my voice!)
IMG

NecroPhile

Uhh... it was working fine through last Friday.  When did it die?

nat

It worked just fine for me last week as well.

PCEngineFX

This morning I checked it out and the program that I use to generate the playlist didn't look right (it was queuing up my promos again), so I need to take a closer look at what is going on.
IMG

schnuth

It would be fantastic if these were offered as a podcast.  Any plans to do that? 

Aaron

PCEngineFX

Quote from: schnuth on 09/11/2007, 12:54 PMIt would be fantastic if these were offered as a podcast.  Any plans to do that? 
Pcenginefx Radio is a 24/7 streaming radio feed, so it is not formatted for podcasting.  One idea I could do if there is enough enterest is to make podcast episodes with batches of music, but one can already personally do this on their own....
IMG

PCEngineFX

Hello all,

I'm trying to get Pcenginefx Radio back up again and need some testing with the stream.  If you can tune into the following address with Winamp or iTunes (http://24.16.118.199:9000/listen.pls) and let me know if you experience any dropouts, long buffering, etc.  Thanks guys!

PS: The link on the radio page is not correct right now as the IP has changed to use the link above to test.
IMG

Kitsunexus

It's rocking so far! Currently listening to  Kabuki Itouryodan - Track  7  I LOVE POWER DRUMS!

HELL YES! Now it's Air Zonk track 1, I actually have this on my MP3 player, love this song! It sounds like the Russian level in the Mario Is Missing soundtrack!  :dance:

Last Alert - Track 3 is also great as well.

Also good:  Final Soldier - Stage 1

Also good: Ys III - Track 24
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

PCEngineFX

I just replaced the router I was using an hour ago and I think the stream is perfect now, but please listen to it for a bit and let me know if you notice any buffering.
IMG

Kitsunexus

No buffering whatsoever!

HELL YES!  Lords of Thunder - Track 18

The Turbo-Grafx 16 CD version of Lords Of Thunder is the BEST ROCK ALBUM EVER RELEASED, and I'm sticking by that statement until my death.

Oh and Sapphire is good too.

nat

Yeah, I personally like the Turbo version over the SEGA version. And that's not because I'm biased.

PCEngineFX

Still having issues with the stream...for some reason the radio software wants to stop after a certain period of time......sorry about that...still getting the bugs out.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 12/31/2007, 02:57 AMStill having issues with the stream...for some reason the radio software wants to stop after a certain period of time......sorry about that...still getting the bugs out.
I never noticed it. I love this station SO much, it reminds me of the old Internet radio station "NES Triforce" back in the day, just like PCEFX Radio, it never had to stream (and I was on 56k back then!) and it was just solid good game music!

Too bad we can't listen to this at work.

nat

I don't have any speakers on my computers at work. :(

PCEngineFX

Could you hook up a pair of headphones to your computer?  I find a pair of ear bud style headphones are quick to take in and out of your ear for listening at work (though for me, I could leave my headphones on all day at work and not worry about it).
IMG

nat

Hmm, that's a thought.

There are some jacks on the back that might be for audio. One is definitely a microphone (audio input) but I don't recognize the icon for the other two.

I'll see if I can find some earbuds at home and bring them Wednesday.

But then again, I don't even have Winamp or iTunes on this work computer.

NecroPhile

The radio is working dandy for me, though several pcefx promos play consecutively.

Quote from: nat on 12/31/2007, 01:06 PMBut then again, I don't even have Winamp or iTunes on this work computer.
You could resort to usb headphones and use this to open the stream in Windows Media Player (unless you're using a mac at work).

nat

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 12/31/2007, 12:12 PMCould you hook up a pair of headphones to your computer?  I find a pair of ear bud style headphones are quick to take in and out of your ear for listening at work (though for me, I could leave my headphones on all day at work and not worry about it).
No no, it's just against the rules to be doing anything other than working in general.

PCEngineFX

I just changed some of the rotation rules, so that might be the source of the remaining bugs in the playlist.  As it stands, you should not have any of these issues:
- Intermittent buffering
- Station IDs playing consecutively (they should play every 3rd song)

The following issues are yet to be verified fixed:
- Station no longer streams music after all tracks have been played once over.
(There is about 10 hours worth of music in the playlist so won't be able to verify this till tomorrow)
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 12/31/2007, 02:49 PMI just changed some of the rotation rules, so that might be the source of the remaining bugs in the playlist.  As it stands, you should not have any of these issues:
- Intermittent buffering
- Station IDs playing consecutively (they should play every 3rd song)

The following issues are yet to be verified fixed:
- Station no longer streams music after all tracks have been played once over.
(There is about 10 hours worth of music in the playlist so won't be able to verify this till tomorrow)
I never had any of these.  BTW the "If Bonk listened to music he'd be listening to PCEFX Radio" station ID never fails to make me laugh, I love it!  :dance:

PCEngineFX

Glad you like it Kit :)

So after a few days, it appears like the radio stream is working properly now.  I will be adding the soundtrack to Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles from the PSP here soon...the remix of the original Dracula X music is EXCELLENT and dare I say, better than the original.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 01/02/2008, 12:57 PM...the remix of the original Dracula X music is EXCELLENT and dare I say, better than the original.
Blasphemer!  Heretic!  :lol:

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 01/02/2008, 01:29 PM
Quote from: Pcenginefx on 01/02/2008, 12:57 PM...the remix of the original Dracula X music is EXCELLENT and dare I say, better than the original.
Blasphemer!  Heretic!  :lol:
I know, I know... but wait till you hear it!
IMG

nat

I say we organize a mutiny against Aaron.  :wink:

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

PCEngineFX

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/02/2008, 09:41 PMCan't seem to get it to work for me??  :(
Everything looks fine on my end - make sure you are using this address: http://24.16.118.199:9000/listen.pls
IMG

Turbo D

I entered that address and it works great  :mrgreen: Thanx Aaron! I'm currently listening to Kabuki Itouryodan- track 15  8)
IMG IMG
IMG

nectarsis

Got it to work...had to reload Winamp I guess.....
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

PCEngineFX

This address should work from now on: http://pcefxradio.dyndns.tv:8000/listen.pls
IMG

PCEngineFX

Pcenginefx Radio is down pending a server move.  Waiting on a 1TB drive to replace the one I have in there now.
IMG

PCEngineFX

IMG