2,908,800 - runinruder (hard)

5 Minute Play
1,756,920 - roflmao

2 Minute Play
583,460 - roflmao

runinruder

3,148,320 (one credit, default mode)
2,908,800 (one credit, hard mode)

I beat the game without dying on default just a few moments ago and ended up with 39 lives left, but the score was only about 2.87 million.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nat

You smoked me.

How did you get your score so high? I guess I need to be more active in killing as many enemies as possible. :)

runinruder

Quote from: nat on 09/30/2007, 11:26 PMYou smoked me.

How did you get your score so high? I guess I need to be more active in killing as many enemies as possible. :)
Beginner's luck.  Seriously.  I just got it yesterday.  The three-million score was my second game, the first and only time I've used Bomberman (I usually use the PCE).  I beat it and ended up with over 3 million points and 33 lives left.  Maybe Bomberman is good for points.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

elnino

3'204'150 (default)

I used the PC-Engine, of course!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

nat

elnino

nat is doubting my score, my self-confidence has just hit rock bottom now :cry:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

nat

It's not that I'm doubting your score, but I think it's only fair to have an image to show.

I'm not singling anyone out here....

nat

I played through with Bomberman this time and got a substantially higher score. I think the total annihilation caused by using the "Bomb" and "Balloon Bomb" weapons help your score quite a bit:

IMG

bust3dstr8

My first run through Star Parodier.

/dsc02030t.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

nat

TheClash603

I have this game and played through it, but didn't even look at my score.  Now I have to get it out again...  you guys are going down.

bust3dstr8

Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

dingsbums

Just played through Star Parodia - great game
my Score (normal)

/88420731.jpg

last on the list  :? - for now  :D

roflmao

2 Minute Score:
IMG

5 Minute Score:
IMG

I'm sure they'll be beaten in record time but figured if there weren't any scores yet for this game mode, it was high time to add some!

roflmao

roflmao

It didn't beat my current high score, but I just recorded a 1CC of Star Parodier and posted it to YouTube:

Nec.Game.head

Not bad at all dude ! I have some work to do now .. I'll be back with a score soon !! Star Parodia is greatness !! Great score !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

jtucci31

IMG

Just beat this last night. I know this thread hasn't been posted in in awhile but I just wanted to get my score down somewhere. This was normal mode

3,616,030 - jtucci31 (normal)

PunkCryborg

roflmao

IMG

A slight improvement over my past high score, but still not into the 3 million range yet. 

roflmao

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 05/03/2016, 11:16 PMDude! Where have you been? :)
Stupid real life. Always getting in the way of OBEY. :D

esteban

cabbage

IMG
1 credit, normal, bomberman (if memory serves--i snapped this screenshot several months ago)

roflmao

Quote from: cabbage on 05/19/2016, 07:20 AMIMG
1 credit, normal, bomberman (if memory serves--i snapped this screenshot several months ago)
Dang! How is that even possible!? I wish I could see you play; that's truly impressive!

roflmao

Woo, slightly higher score! (Still not even close to Cabbage's :/ )
IMG

geise

Where is a pic of cabbages score? I am confused. Mostly at how the fuck he broke 6 mil.

esteban

Quote from: geise on 08/10/2017, 07:58 AMWhere is a pic of cabbages score? I am confused. Mostly at how the fuck he broke 6 mil.
All that fiber in his diet has made him robust and stalwart (both in mind and intestine).

Plus, I think he read some tip/hint about an obscure way to score bonus points (a hidden spot or a sequence of events to execute).

THAT IS MY BEST EXPLANATION. Why should I think skill was required.

THE BOY HAS CARNAL KNOWLEDGE.

:)

cabbage

Quote from: esteban on 08/14/2017, 08:28 AMPlus, I think he read some tip/hint about an obscure way to score bonus points (a hidden spot or a sequence of events to execute).
Yes, I stumbled upon (not read) a way to pump up your score indefinitely. I was going to go for 10mil (or to see if the score maxes out at 9,999,999 or whatever) but got bored.
Star Parodia is a plenty fun game, but not suitable for high-score competitions. Probably the caravan modes are still OK, though.

Quote from: geise on 08/10/2017, 07:58 AMWhere is a pic of cabbages score? I am confused. Mostly at how the fuck he broke 6 mil.
Sorry for the missing pic. Was having website troubles, but should be working again now.

esteban

Cabbage, on whose blog did you stumble upon this point-milking strategy?

cabbage

It was (tastefully) tattooed on your mother's backside.

esteban

Quote from: cabbage on 09/02/2017, 02:00 AMIt was (tastefully) tattooed on your mother's backside.
Jfajjajaahahhahhahhahahaa.

Damn.

;)