OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Happy B-Day, My Dear =)

Started by Tatsujin, 10/24/2007, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

/pce20thanny2rl1.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

PCEngineHell

Please note that I do not speak fuckin german,nor do I read it,so I cant tell what I am doing wrong while trying to register.....

Tatsujin

easy on the hardware :) it's already fixed by our master elnino-kun. there was a slightly script bug :-"
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PCEngineHell

Ok,I am joined now. I see the sites title list isn't complete yet on there,but it looks good so far,and I have listed most of what I saw that we own on there. When I get a chance I will go back and add comments and reviews/ratings.

NecroPhile

Bookmarking now - it looks quite nice, congrats.  =D&gt;
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

Great site.

Any plans to have the US releases on there, too?

I started cataloguing my collection, but I only marked ones that I own as JP releases. It seems the only US release you've got on the list is China Warrior. I have a near complete set of US titles, but far fewer JP releases. Although I am finding out I have many more than I had previously thought (up to 84 so far).
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

elnino

Haha, now I see the reason why Tatsujin-aho wanted me to fix this bug within three seconds. Anyway, thanks for registering, I hope you like the site :)  The game list is not complete yet but we are working on it. The US releases will be added as soon as I'm back from Japan which is about 4 weeks from now. Please feel free to tell me your feedback or improving suggestions. As you know I'm not a native english speaker, therefore I appreciate any corrections for words or phrases which are incorrect or inappropriate.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

Tatsujin

yeah..sorry for that mate. originally, i wasn't intend to refer to the site yet, since it's still in beta-status, but wanted to show up with something to indicate the upcoming birthday of our so uber beloved little piece of hardware O:)

anyway, now some people already registered and seem to enjoy the site. so please be patient until the rest will be added (still need some games to translate, as well the US games which will be added by elnino-fun later).

generally, we would be very glad for any feedbacks, suggestions and possible mistakes concerned the database content.

nat

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/24/2007, 08:24 PMgenerally, we would be very glad for any feedbacks, suggestions and possible mistakes concerned the database content.
I can't find 3x3 Eyes.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Spector

You've got to feel the thrill... of disgust!
The beauty... of obscenity!

Tatsujin

Quote from: nat on 10/24/2007, 10:36 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/24/2007, 08:24 PMgenerally, we would be very glad for any feedbacks, suggestions and possible mistakes concerned the database content.
I can't find 3x3 Eyes.
oh, sharp 1x2 Eyes you have :P and you're right. but strangely should be in there. but it's noted. thanx a lot :)

SuperDeadite

Nice site!  I've registered and started catalogging my goods.  "Private Eye Dol" seems to be missing from the database.  Please add it, as its a favorite of mine.  :mrgreen:

Also any plans to add a database for our PCE hardware collections?  A PC-FX database would be sweet too.   [-o&lt;

EDIT: I can't find Brandish in the database either.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

SignOfZeta

Very nice! I've signed up and added some of my games. There seem to be a few missing so far though. Keep up the good work.
IMG

termis

加入しました。 ありがとう! :D

Tatsujin

a big happy-b my dear pc engine :D :D :D

and try to keep up some more decades!! :D

WoodyXP

Cool site.  I was able to find all my games.  8)
"I bathe in AES carts."

akamichi

Happy 20th b-day to PC Engine!  :D

Now to go break out my Duo and play some games. :)

- akamichi

sludgeguts

happy birthday to the best console ever.got the day off work so i'm gonna play on my duo-r 'til i go blind.

JoshTurboTrollX

Happy Birthday!!

May you crush our souls for another 20 years with gaming greatness!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Keranu

Happy birthday, PC Engine!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

TR0N

Have B-day,PCE i'm glad i own the real deal instead of messing with emulation  :P
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Spector

I played Wonderboy again just for the anniversary thing - I still prefer Kato and Ken  :)  but it's quite something to think that twenty years ago this game came out and was played in people's homes. Happy Birthday, Mr Engine!
You've got to feel the thrill... of disgust!
The beauty... of obscenity!

CrackTiger

I didn't see a post about this anywhere else so I might as well put it here-

http://kotaku.com/gaming/japan/germans-nerds-arrested-for-pc-engine-318674.php
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 11/05/2007, 08:27 AMI didn't see a post about this anywhere else so I might as well put it here-

http://kotaku.com/gaming/japan/germans-nerds-arrested-for-pc-engine-318674.php
Ouch!  Those Japanese are strict, or maybe the cops were just snerds.  :lol:

nat

Three German guys? Was that our own el nino? Tatsujin also, maybe? Don't those guys live in Japan? The article said the site they were promoting was that Tatsujin/el nino catalog site.

rag-time4

Quote from: nat on 11/05/2007, 11:07 AMThree German guys? Was that our own el nino? Tatsujin also, maybe? Don't those guys live in Japan? The article said the site they were promoting was that Tatsujin/el nino catalog site.
8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

I bet it's them!!! They were advertising for the same site!!!!

Hopefully if they're detained they get out soon, and hopefully they aren't forced to cut off their pinkies! :mrgreen:

shubibiman

I heard about this story but at first didn't mthink it might be you, Tatsujin. But when I saw your image, that's the first thing that came to my mind. So it was not 3 german guies but at least one swiis guy and 2 others!
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

nat

I think el nino is German. The catalog website (forgive me, I can't recall the name) they all put up displays in German by default. And it also happens to be the same site the "criminals" were promoting on their posters!

It's got to be them!

NecroPhile

The comments posted in the linked article state that they were let off with just a warning, so hopefully the Germans are running free now.

Keranu

Haha holy crap, that's got to be them! I can't wait until they post the details here!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Keranu on 11/05/2007, 05:23 PMHaha holy crap, that's got to be them! I can't wait until they post the details here!
They've been awfully quiet the last couple days.... I wonder why??  :-"

nat

Holy shit, did you guys follow the link from the article to the blog page?

It actually has pictures of the guys. Unfortunately, their faces are covered, but I swear to god the tall lanky guy is Tatsujin. I can see him without even seeing his face. :)

Turbo D

wow, those crazy Germans are celebrities now, haha. I like how kotaku describes them as "German-Speaking Nerds" rofl.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

i knew, it would be just a matter of time, that this news will show up in here as well. so let's get this straight now..

So far we're all oke, since they let us go with a warning after the thing was discussed fully and reported.
The problem was, that we hung up 1 single poster (2xA3 size) to reach some thru walking people on the street with our message.
The message was simple to remind the PC Engine and its good old days, of which we celebrate its 20th anniversary on the streets just for fun. So nothing related to commercial thing/goods or business etc.

What we didn't know is, that it's such forbidden to hung up a single poster while staying next to and talk to some people on the street. Therefore we explicit used this 2m in height under construction metal wall, since we knew, that it probably wouldn't be good to use a clean building wall to hung up a poster. if the poster would be attached to a board and then just lied to the wall, it may wouldn't have been a problem at all.

But since in japan a small and big crime is primary always "A Crime", we had to follow all those procedures of the police.
The best is, next to us where stands which sold pictures of young girly pants and CDs full of robbed ROMS for retro consoles for 12'000yen each.

but the policemen were very nice afterwards at the police station, and i even could smoke my cigarettes while reporting to the officer.

so far that's all folk :)

nat

Hahaha, nice. I knew it!

Great story. I love it. Can I buy that poster off you guys?

Tatsujin

with that poster you mean that specific poster that we hung up there or just a copy of it? since we only produced one original, which now is kept at the police as evidence.

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Hahahaha, that's too funny! I'm glad everything's ok now!
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/05/2007, 09:35 PMwith that poster you mean that specific poster that we hung up there or just a copy of it? since we only produced one original, which now is kept at the police as evidence.
If you guys aren't already members, this has to ensure your place in the PC-Engine hall of fame!!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Keranu on 11/05/2007, 09:47 PMHahahaha, that's too funny! I'm glad everything's ok now!
i rather hope it will, since now also NEC and Hudson can see, we used their brands on that poster, and now got involved in some troubles with the police, i dunno they reaction on that, even our intention was anything else than bad.
is it possible, that they can go for some legal measures against us? i mean if they really want to.

rag-time4

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/05/2007, 10:10 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 11/05/2007, 09:47 PMHahahaha, that's too funny! I'm glad everything's ok now!
i rather hope it will, since now also NEC and Hudson can see, we used their brands on that poster, and now got involved in some troubles with the police, i dunno they reaction on that, even our intention was anything else than bad.
is it possible, that they can go for some legal measures against us? i mean if they really want to.
That's true... hopefully you don't get into any legal trouble over copyright issues.

You might have some "fair use" rights, though.

Hobo Xiphas

I am very happy Keranu sent me the link to this thread

Keep up the good work, try for a Pippin@Mark promotion next time

nat

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/05/2007, 09:35 PMwith that poster you mean that specific poster that we hung up there or just a copy of it? since we only produced one original, which now is kept at the police as evidence.
I wanted the original. Sucks the police took it.

elnino

Quote from: nat on 11/05/2007, 04:33 PMI think el nino is German. The catalog website (forgive me, I can't recall the name) they all put up displays in German by default.
No, I'm Swiss. We do speak Swiss-German but since it doesn't really exist in written form we use German instead, that's why the page shows up in German by default. Actually I thought I had changed it to English but obviously I haven't.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

guyjin

Quote from: elnino on 11/06/2007, 05:23 AMNo, I'm Swiss. We do speak Swiss-German but since it doesn't really exist in written form we use German instead,
:-k how does that work?

and, BTW, you guys are hardcore. Getting arrested for PCE love... you don't see 'hardcore' SNK fans doing that, now do ya?  :twisted:

SpaceRunaway

Oh, Jesus.  I just found this out through Joystiq.

elnino

Quote from: guyjin on 11/06/2007, 05:26 PM
Quote from: elnino on 11/06/2007, 05:23 AMNo, I'm Swiss. We do speak Swiss-German but since it doesn't really exist in written form we use German instead,
:-k how does that work?
Swiss-German is basically a dialect from German, that's why there is no written form. Swiss-German itself has a lot of dialects depending on the region in which you live. Some of them are pretty hardcore and just not understandable if you are not used to it, even for other Swiss people. Therefore I'm kind of glad they don't use their dialect language when writing things. :-"
www.pcedaisakusen.net

guyjin

I see. So it's like the south, here in the US; if they wrote the way they speak, it would be confusing.