@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Not yet another screen shot quiz!

Started by _Paul, 12/09/2007, 05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

Oh geez.

Lightening Force (light + KNEE + Force)??

EDIT:  LOL @ nat's post.  Shinobi-wan Kenobi

Turbo D

ding ding ding, It was Shinobi!!! I was inspired by Joe's avatar. I though for sure that he'd guess it, haha. Looks like its your turn Nat  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

That was a good one because Shining Force was another good guess.  Even Lightening Force was somewhat plausible.  Excellent puzzle.

nat

Someone else can post one. I never do these things. I just pop in at random times and solve the puzzle for you guys.  :D
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Hobo Xiphas

Joe Redifer

Double Switch for the world-famous Sega CD 16-bit super CD video game system starring the much-celebrated word-renowned celebrity superstar Corey Haim?

Hobo Xiphas

God damn it.

My jokes are too easy to get.  Time to pull out even more obscure references.

Keranu

You know the very first thing I thought of when I saw that image was Panic!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Hobo Xiphas

Also known as Switch if you are a silly Japanophile.

I was going to accept that answer too.  8)

Joe Redifer

I'll get a new puzzle up hopefully tonight.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/07/2008, 07:40 PMI'll get a new puzzle up hopefully tonight.
Just a small reminder, Joe Redifer, that it has been approximately four nights since you have announced that you would post up the next quiz. If you are unable to do so for any reason, then I will gladly put up a new picture for you :-".
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Kitsunexus

Heh, Kirby, you think four days is bad? I believe there was one time when the game was held up for a week!  :lol: Joe will definitely post a new picture though, he's good at this game.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Joe Redifer

Here ya go, a very easy one, hopefully:

guess20.jpg

OceanBlueKirby

The only three guesses I've got for this one are Carnage Heart, Nova Carnage, and Space Carnage. I can be sure "Carnage" is in the name 8).
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

nat

That's a truly terrifying alien/monster. I'd love to see a horror movie made featuring that beast.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

td741

Joe Redifer

OceanBlueKirby

Cruddy. I came pretty close there. So, Cosmic Carnage was for the 32X, as I have found out on GameFAQs. I never would have figured this.

Quote from: nat on 02/11/2008, 12:55 PMThat's a truly terrifying alien/monster. I'd love to see a horror movie made featuring that beast.
That's Carnage from the Spiderman comics. His symbiote was the offspring of Venom's, and is considered a dangerous foe for both Spiderman and Venom. Maybe, just maybe, if a Spiderman 4 was made, he might be in it.

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 02/11/2008, 12:55 PMThat's a truly terrifying alien/monster. I'd love to see a horror movie made featuring that beast.
Yeah that pic Joe used was a really good one of Carnage.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

td741

I had to check to make sure that was the game's title after I posted. :P

Oops... It was done before.

Forget it... someone else?

Hobo Xiphas

/aoclickmebighy2.jpg/aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg /aoclickmebighy2.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, guys, I screwed up the number of images needed.

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

OceanBlueKirby

I'm going to say Intelligent Qube and Columns.

Joe Redifer

Keranu

IMG

Hobo Xiphas

You guys are totally not going to get this one.  8)

td741

25 to life?!  (But there is 26 of them...  hmm...)

Splinter Cell?  (Okay, I'm grasping at straws)

Hobo Xiphas

No

You are on the right track with that number thing though

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Hobo Xiphas

No.

None of you guys are going to get it unless you are an Atari fatty.  Even then, they would say that I am wrong and that it is not the "real title" of the game.  I'll give you another day or so.

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/13/2008, 11:05 PMNo.

None of you guys are going to get it unless you are an Atari fatty.  Even then, they would say that I am wrong and that it is not the "real title" of the game.  I'll give you another day or so.
Perhaps, then, is it Break Out?

Keranu

IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Keranu

IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Ahh, screw it.

It's the Sears 27 Tele-Games version of Target Fun.  Someone else post another one.

Joe Redifer

Oh man, you really dug deep for that one.  Next time just do Super Bros 5 (a pirate version of Mario 2) if you wanna be obscure.

WataraSuperVisionKirby

Perhaps then, is it Arkanoid?

MissaFX

Here's one to keep the game going: /pictureqt7.jpg
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

MissaFX

Quote from: turbo D on 02/14/2008, 07:09 AMSamurai Showdown!
That isn't what I am going for, I could see that working though.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NecroPhile

MissaFX

_Paul

NecroPhile

Sorry, I dropped the ball on this one and missed Missa's response.  I don't have anything ready, so anyone can take my turn.

Hahahaha, the war for consolidation has given me time to devise a fiendishly clever riddle:

guessme10.webp

MissaFX

td741

NecroPhile

Sorry folks, but no.

PS - I'm so lame awesome that all three screen shot quiz threads are currently under my control.  Mwuhahahaha!

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

MissaFX

Space Warrior?  (mac)

Duel in the Dark by Green Knight Games?