Bought some games part DEUX..

Started by Kitsunexus, 02/03/2008, 03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

First things first: I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE SAVED FOR A TURBO. That's coming later.

But I bought a SHIT load of rareish games and movies, let's start the new list!

=PS2=

R-Type Final - Generic Gamestop cover, no manual, but HELL, it's R-Type Final! All I need now is Gradius V and Rez!

Oni - Generic Gamestop cover, no manual, Loved the PC demo, this and Myth 2 is what I think of when I think Bungie.

Neo Contra - Generic Gamestop cover, no manual, but I heard it was alright. TETSUOOOO!

King of Fighters XI - A 2D fighter for $10, how can I pass that up?

Art Of Fighting Anthology - See above, but X10 on "How can I pass that up?".

NeoGeo Battle Colosseum - See above, but X2000000! ^__^

Activison Anthology - It was there, so I bought it, may get sold again.

Burnout Revenge - I love Burnout.

Burnout 3 Takedown - See above, generic Gamestop cover, no manual,.

Disaster Report - I have the sequel, now the original. Generic Gamestop cover, no manual.

RPG Maker 3 - In what may be a SEVERE hampering to the game's enjoyment, it too has a generic Gamestop cover and no manual.

Gameshark 2 - We all cheat.

=PSP=

Hot Pixel - People slammed this for being too much like Wario Ware, but I've never played Wario Ware and I enjoyed the demo.

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - Aaron said it had a great soundtrack, that's good enough of a review to sell it to me.

Darkstalkers Chronicles - Because I'm a Felicia fanboy.

=Gamecube=

Evolution Worlds - Generic Gamestop cover, no manual, but is supposedly a cool RPG series.

Cubivore - Come on, it's fucking CUBIVORE! How could I pass it up?

=PC=

Unreal Anthology - Because my UT2K4 disc was stolen, and my UT1 disc is way too scratched to install.

=DVD Games=

Thayer's Quest - Yeah, Gamestop had the Digital Leisure games, but this was the only one. The box claims it's a rip of the Halcyon version... I wonder how it supports keyboard input, or if it forgoes the advanced gameplay of the original game and just makes it a standard laser game.

=DVD Movies= (Yeah I know it's not console stuff, but I did buy movies too)

Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels Unrated Edition - To say I love this movie is an understatement of the greatest proportions.

Pulp Fiction - Probably the last Quentin Tarantino flick I will ever buy, because his new stuff is shit.

Natural Born Killers - OK THIS is the last QT flick I will buy. (Those who don't believe that it's QT...look it up).

Universal Soldier - Looked cool.

Universal Soldier: The Return - Because I hate not having the sequel to a movie, unless I hate the sequel.

Return Of The Living Dead - Because this is arguably the BEST zombie flick ever. "Send more paramedics".

The important thing is though, this and the previous binge spending is because I CANNOT BUY ANYTHING ELSE FOR A LONG WHILE, I need to get me a car. I cannot buy anymore games (exceptions for Rez, Gradius V, Wipeout Pulse, The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne and Azure Dreams, natch.) or DVDs, I need willpower to resolve this or else I will NEVER have my own life. This will be enough entertainment until I get my own car and apartment, then I feel that I will need a Turbo in my life. ^_^

And no, I didn't get lucky this time, I spent $500. But no regrets man, no regrets.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

nat

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/03/2008, 03:06 AMFirst things first: I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE SAVED FOR A TURBO. That's coming later.
You should have spent that money on a real video game system, like a SuperGrafx.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Kitsunexus

Quote from: nat on 02/03/2008, 03:15 AM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/03/2008, 03:06 AMFirst things first: I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE SAVED FOR A TURBO. That's coming later.
You should have spent that money on a real video game system, like a SuperGrafx.
Meh and fucking meh. That's later.

PCEngineHell

Well,he def got some nice stuff. I ned to pick up a PS2 and start buying games for it. You'd prob enjoy MGS Twin Snakes on GC Kits,its alot more impressive then the original,and I enjoyed plying through it again more then I did messing with MGS2.

Kitsunexus

I'll post more reviews later, but I just want to say Neo Contra reminds me more of Crusader:No Remorse than Contra.

Ceti Alpha

Burnout Revenge is the reason I bought an XBOX. It's awesome. But to get the full effect you have to put some AC/DC onto the hard drive so you can burnout to R.O.C.K.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Joe Redifer

Pfft.  Yuzo Koshiro's Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 is perfect for Burnout 3/Revenge.

Ceti Alpha

QuotePfft.  Yuzo Koshiro's Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 is perfect for Burnout 3/Revenge.
haha. I just Googled Yuzo Koshiro and I came across a thread with you on the Sega-16 forums from 2006.  8) That's hilarious. In the thread you were criticizing (rightly or wrongly) AVGN, but you also made firm your stance on Yuzo Koshiro's Wangan Mindight Maximum Tune 2 as teh ultimate in Burnout music.

...basically what I'm saying is that I need to hear this. lol. If you have been stead fast in belief since, at least 2006, then it has to be worth hearing. Is it easy to download, or do you have an easily accessible mp3? I love Burnout. And I love playing it to sweet tunes.  :twisted:
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/03/2008, 04:14 PMBurnout Revenge is the reason I bought an XBOX. It's awesome. But to get the full effect you have to put some AC/DC onto the hard drive so you can burnout to R.O.C.K.  :mrgreen:
No can do, I only have the PS2 version, but the soundtrack features Junkie XL, so I'm not missing much.

I am going to review these games when I feel like it more.

Kitsunexus

Alright, I will review these games!

R-Type Final - Nothing short of amazing. I was almost late for work because of this game, a true masterpiece.

Oni - It's VERY cool, but I forgot you can't skip the damn tutorial missions. Also this one takes FOREVER to load.

Neo Contra - As said before, this is more like Crusader: No Remorse with it's isometric gory gameplay backed to techno music. Fortunately it shares another trend with Crusader, and that's "being a fun game".

King of Fighters XI - Very awesome. It's a little pixelated but it's awesome fun, and it has a great soundtrack.

Art Of Fighting Anthology - OH HELL YEAH. This uses the same emulation engine as the Fatal Fury disc, which besides being very accurate, lets you change between the cartridge music and the NeoCD arrange music, and even lets you customize character's colors!

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum - This is my favorite so far. Very high-res looking sprites, awesome music, great tag-team fighting gameplay and extensive character roster. If you want this disc you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands when I'm not looking, because if you do it when my zombie ass is looking, I'll eat your brains.

Activison Anthology - This game is notable because it has a kickass remix of "The Safety Dance" and because the emulation is good. But the games suck, and this is great collateral for trade.

Burnout Revenge - HELL FUCKING YES. THIS IS WHAT RACING GAMES THAT INVOLVE CARS WITH WHEELS SHOULD BE LIKE.

Burnout 3 - Haven't played it yet, didn't have enough time, but it can only be better.

Disaster Report - As every bit as cool as Raw Danger, and I like the scenario more.

RPG Maker 3 - Good music, but it's a tad boring and cheap, and I can't shake the feeling that I'd regret it if I traded it in. I was WAY right about needing the manual, I need to get the docs from the net.

Hot Pixel - I was right. Fuck the Wario fanboy haters. This game rules, it actually made me LOL (which is very VERY hard for a game to do), and it is one of the most fun things I've played in a while. Keranu would like this game's humor, it's very offbeat and random and semi-cheesy, even incorporating   LIVE VIDEO.

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles - You turn on this game, and it's like someone punches you in the face, and YOU LIKE IT. Damn, this is one of the MOST AMAZING PSP games, EVER. The arrange soundtrack rules, the first level is an AMAZING rock arrange of "Opposing Bloodlines", my favorite CV song ever, the graphics are great for PSP, and IT'S FUN, unlike a lot of the other CVs. I am so glad I decided not to listen to a couple of people here, this game RULES. IF YOU HAVE A PSP, YOU MUST BUY THIS. IT IS A LAW.

Darkstalkers Chronicles - This is a great version of Darkstalkers. I don't see the problems people had with this game, I love it.

Evolution Worlds - Wow! Great characters (and voices), awesome awesome RPG.

Cubivore - I'll play this later, I only bought it because it's rare, it was complete, and it's a novelty.

Unreal Anthology - I haven't played this yet (I'm about to) but come on...UT1 is a fucking CLASSIC and my fave FPS ever, and UT2004 is just as awesome. Also it comes with a cool music CD that contains a smattering of music from all the Unreal games, which I'd rather just rip it myself, but they did pick the best tracks (except for Phantom which would have made the CD perfect. :( ), and it's nice of them to do that.

Also, the disc DOES NOT contain UT2K3, so for that I give it a 5/5. *****

Thayer's Quest - This game sucks balls. It is boring, it's nothing like a good lasergame should be, it's going back to Gamestop. Fuck the Halcyon, it didn't even have DL.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: ceti alpha...basically what I'm saying is that I need to hear this. lol. If you have been stead fast in belief since, at least 2006, then it has to be worth hearing. Is it easy to download, or do you have an easily accessible mp3? I love Burnout. And I love playing it to sweet tunes.  :twisted:
It's good if you like techno.

Here is a sample I chose at random - 5.33 MB

I wish I could use this stuff in Burnout Paradise on the PS3.

Kitsunexus

Ceti Alpha

That's pretty cool. I'm not a trance fan, but I can see where that would pretty pumpin' for Burnout.

Here's some AC/DC:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiBMltWg2RQ

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=87PWZgoCjuA

We need a Burnout compilation disc.  8)
IMG

WoodyXP

You got the Universal Soldier movies.  Damn those things are awesome.. especially when you're drunk and fuck.
"I bathe in AES carts."

Ceti Alpha

QuoteReturn Of The Living Dead - Because this is arguably the BEST zombie flick ever. "Send more paramedics".
hehe. Yeah, I love watching that movie. Not my favourite zombie flick, but I love it anyways.  :mrgreen: What's the game like?
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/05/2008, 11:43 AMhehe. Yeah, I love watching that movie. Not my favourite zombie flick, but I love it anyways.  :mrgreen: What's the game like?
They didn't make a game, I'm talking about the moive. :wink:

Ceti Alpha

QuoteThey didn't make a game, I'm talking about the moive. Wink
haha. Don't mind me. I'm just going to blame my stupidity on my allergies. I think I sneezed away most of my brain cells.  #-o
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/05/2008, 12:12 PM
QuoteThey didn't make a game, I'm talking about the moive. Wink
haha. Don't mind me. I'm just going to blame my stupidity on my allergies. I think I sneezed away most of my brain cells.  #-o
Sorry bro, allergies suck. :( I reccomend Claratin, the stuff really works!

Also, high-grade ammonia out of industrial window cleaner will clear it up in a hurry but don't sniff it too long.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteAlso, high-grade ammonia out of industrial window cleaner will clear it up in a hurry but don't sniff it too long.
haha. I'm already on a limited reserve of brain cells as it is.  :P
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/05/2008, 12:33 PM
QuoteAlso, high-grade ammonia out of industrial window cleaner will clear it up in a hurry but don't sniff it too long.
haha. I'm already on a limited reserve of brain cells as it is.  :P
Oh no, I don't sniff that stuff regularly either. But one time at school, my allergies acted up really bad, so I went to the science lab and smelt the amonia. I heard a ZING and a high-pitched whine, and my eyes hurt really bad, but my sinus problems were gone!  :dance:

Joe Redifer

I think some Shoot to Thrill would go with Burnout a little better than the slow stuff from the Bon Scott era.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI heard a ZING and a high-pitched whine, and my eyes hurt really bad, but my sinus problems were gone!  Dancing
HAHA!!!

QuoteI think some Shoot to Thrill would go with Burnout a little better than the slow stuff from the Bon Scott era.
Yeah, my brother gave me the Bon Scott collection box set for my bday one year, so most of my AC/DC collection consists of the Bon Scott stuff -  though I do have Back in Black of course.  8)
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/04/2008, 02:55 AMAlright, I will review these games!

R-Type Final - Nothing short of amazing. I was almost late for work because of this game, a true masterpiece.
Kitsune, I just found out today that this game features the red pods from Image Fight... (as well as the tentacles from X multiply)... have you tried the red pods yet? What is your opinion??

Kitsunexus

Quote from: rag-time4 on 02/20/2008, 04:37 AM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/04/2008, 02:55 AMAlright, I will review these games!

Kitsune, I just found out today that this game features the red pods from Image Fight... (as well as the tentacles from X multiply)... have you tried the red pods yet? What is your opinion??
Dude you can change the pods (and the ship) whatever color you want to. I <3 X Multiply though, so that's cool.

rag-time4

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/20/2008, 10:23 AM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 02/20/2008, 04:37 AM

Dude you can change the pods (and the ship) whatever color you want to. I <3 X Multiply though, so that's cool.
I just picked this game up today...

Kitsune the red pods I'm talking about from Image Fight are a little different than the usual force attachments of R type games... the red pods respond to your movment by rotating in the opposite direction...

Ahhhhh I can't wait to fire it up!!!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: rag-time4 on 02/20/2008, 02:36 PMKitsune the red pods I'm talking about from Image Fight are a little different than the usual force attachments of R type games... the red pods respond to your movment by rotating in the opposite direction...
OOOOOOOOOH, ok I get you. I don't think I used them.

rag-time4

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/20/2008, 02:55 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 02/20/2008, 02:36 PMKitsune the red pods I'm talking about from Image Fight are a little different than the usual force attachments of R type games... the red pods respond to your movment by rotating in the opposite direction...
OOOOOOOOOH, ok I get you. I don't think I used them.
You've gotta try them out! I don't know where or how to get them in the game, as I haven't tried it yet...

EDIT: From this faq on gamefaqs the ships that can use the red pods (listed in the bits museum in r type final, apparently) are ships 49-53

The Image Fight pods are bits B, Y, and of course R is the addicting red pod.