10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

My pet project on Wikipedia: A list of video game Westerns

Started by rag-time4, 02/21/2008, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rag-time4

Just thought I would share this with you all in case anyone else was interested.. I've been fooling around with this lately instead of doing my readings for school as much as I should be hehe

If anyone knows of any games not on the list please add!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_western_computer_and_video_games

ParanoiaDragon

Wild Arms 4 doesn't have any western elements to it?  I haven't played thru it yet, so, I wouldn't know, but, I figure it's Wild Arms, there's got to be SOMETHING western about it, if only the music.
IMG

NecroPhile

Where's Laplace No Ma?  Is it under an alternate name?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rag-time4

Thanks for the heads up on both of these... are they both westerns? I haven't played either one...

NecroPhile

Word on the street was that Laplace No Ma has a western theme, at least in part, and while I actually own this title, I must admit that I haven't played it yet due to the language barrier.  A quick look on wikipedia reveals that it's a survival horror game set in town near Boston, so I must be wrong and you should ignore my post.

rag-time4

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/21/2008, 09:25 PMWild Arms 4 doesn't have any western elements to it?  I haven't played thru it yet, so, I wouldn't know, but, I figure it's Wild Arms, there's got to be SOMETHING western about it, if only the music.
Paranoia D, a quick check on wikipedia says that Wild Arms 4 has a more modern theme... but looking at the official website it still looks historically themed enough to be late-era, turn of the century western...

Have you played it? I myself have not but if you have played it and think it qualifies I'll add it. (or add it yourself if you're so inclined  :wink:)

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2008, 12:28 AMWord on the street was that Laplace No Ma has a western theme, at least in part, and while I actually own this title, I must admit that I haven't played it yet due to the language barrier.  A quick look on wikipedia reveals that it's a survival horror game set in town near Boston, so I must be wrong and you should ignore my post.
Necro, I actually can't find it on wiki? Any chance you can link me up? It looks like the Laplace No Ma entry on the wiki list of pc engine cd games needs to be fixed... because it goes to a dead page.

Edit: two quotes from two different users! Joe Redifer, eat your heart out!!!  :mrgreen:

nectarsis

Look up Laplace No Ma on Gamefaqs,,thereis a Faq up for it....has a bit of info.  :  )
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Kitsunexus

You're missing Gunfighter:The Legend Of Jesse James for PS1. It's a bit "on-the-budget" but it has a good story and it's a lightgun shooter.

You're also missing the Lucky Luke games, there's one for PS1 and one for the Super Famicom.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

rag-time4

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/22/2008, 01:09 AMYou're missing Gunfighter:The Legend Of Jesse James for PS1. It's a bit "on-the-budget" but it has a good story and it's a lightgun shooter.

You're also missing the Lucky Luke games, there's one for PS1 and one for the Super Famicom.
Kitsune, thanks for the reminder on Gunfighter! There's actually a Europe only sequel, Gunfighter 2 for PS2. Forgot about those!

Never heard of Lucky Luke, I'm probably gonna have to get all these hehe

ParanoiaDragon

I haven't had a chance to play thru WA4 yet, it's possibly the next game I'll be playing thru, but, as far as I can tell, it still has Western themes in it, even if it is a more modern then the rest of the series.
IMG

NecroPhile

Wiki link for Laplace No Ma.

You can add Duke Nukem: Time to Kill to the list.  I'm quite positive (this time) that you visit the old west while time traveling.

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2008, 09:22 AMWiki link for Laplace No Ma.

You can add Duke Nukem: Time to Kill to the list.  I'm quite positive (this time) that you visit the old west while time traveling.
Thanks NecroPhile.. I couldn't find Laplace because it's listed under its English title. I'll add a redirect for that.

I'll add the Duke Nukem game too... ahh I didn't know about that one!

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/22/2008, 02:35 AMI haven't had a chance to play thru WA4 yet, it's possibly the next game I'll be playing thru, but, as far as I can tell, it still has Western themes in it, even if it is a more modern then the rest of the series.
Paranoia D, I added Wild Arms 4 with a note that it's got a turn of the century Western theme. Let me know your thoughts on it if you play it at all. The only Wild Arms game that I own and that I've played is the first one.

GUTS

Wild Arms 4 really strayed quite a bit from the Western Theme of the first 3, there's barely enough "western" stuff there to call it a western game by a long shot.  I absolutely loved the game, but it really doesn't have anything western in it.  I know part 5 and Alter Code F (since it's a remake of the first one) have the western theme again like the first 3, part 4 was just an oddball in the series (even though it's my favorite one).

rag-time4

Quote from: GUTS on 02/22/2008, 02:56 PMWild Arms 4 really strayed quite a bit from the Western Theme of the first 3, there's barely enough "western" stuff there to call it a western game by a long shot.  I absolutely loved the game, but it really doesn't have anything western in it.  I know part 5 and Alter Code F (since it's a remake of the first one) have the western theme again like the first 3, part 4 was just an oddball in the series (even though it's my favorite one).
So GUTS, do you think my labelling it a "turn of the century Western" is inaccurate?