8PDT PUSHBUTTON SWITCH FOR THE REGION MOD

Started by turbokon, 02/27/2008, 11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbokon

I just got this switch from http://www.surplussales.com/Switches/SWPushB-1.html, p/n 120SA.1x11.  I can't find any datasheet.  I don't understand the logic of the switch.  Have anyone used this switch for the region mod?  Can you help me understand the logic?  Since it's so hard to find the 8pdt slide switch, I have used two 4pdt slide switch in the past but I didn't want to used two switches this time.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Game-Tech.US

The 8pdt will be just like the 4pdts in line. Take a continuity tester and you'll see... make sure the leads are cleaned or the tester may not work.

PCEngineHell

turbokon

Thanks AKA and Micheal, I have figured it out.  What threw me off was the 24 pins on each side of the push button switch for a total of 48 pins.  The other side is just a duplicate.  When I did a continuity test, I found the following:

L side: a b c | d e f | g h i | j k l
R side  m n o | p q r | s t u | v w x

If the button is in the out position, it has continuity for a-b, d-e, g-h, j-k, m-n, p-q, s-t, and v-w.  If the button is in the in-position, it has continuity for b-c, e-f, h-i, k-l, n-o, q-r, t-u, w-x. Thanks.  All I have to do is solder the wires coming in from the hucard data pins to the common pins and the wires from the turbo data pins to pins with continuity to common pins.  For example, Hu15 to pin b, and td15 to a, hu23 to pin n, td23 to pin m and jump pin a to o, and pin m to c.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

I finished my region mod.  Will post a picture soon.  If anyone wants their done, I can do for $40.  That includes the cost of shipping back to you.

www.tg16pcemods.com