Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Started by ParanoiaDragon, 05/31/2008, 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

Thought I should start a thread here with all the current info:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=43125
Konami has released some information about this game!

" Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia exclusively for Nintendo DS™. Introducing the all-new Glyph attack system, players will be able to use special attack combinations as they attempt to defeat Dracula and his horde. Also introduced to the series are new outdoor locales ranging from forests to the ocean, giving players the chance to explore outside of Dracula's Castle. Developed by legendary Castlevania producer Koji "Iga" Igarashi, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is poised to set a new standard for side scrolling action on DS™.

"We have always felt that the Castlevania franchise has been an excellent fit on Nintendo DS, and based on the popularity of the DS classics, Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin, our fans agree," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "We fully expect Order of Ecclesia to ignite the fan base once again as it combines the classic Castlevania gameplay with an all-new combat system and outdoor environments."

In Order of Ecclesia players take the role of a member of the Ecclesia, an organization that has sworn to defeat the evil forces of Dracula. By using the new Glyph attack system, players can unleash more than 100 different combinations to battle Dracula's minions throughout 20 explorable areas. Utilizing the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection™, players can choose to compete head-to-head, or trade items and equipment they have found while exploring the environments. Multiple endings that can be unlocked depending on how the player completes the game adds even more replay value to the game with plenty of addictive exploration, combat and items to discover.

Developed by Konami, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is planned for release on Nintendo DS™ in Fall 2008. For more information on the games, please visit: www.konami.com. "

And an interview with Iga, the game takes place right after SotN:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/874/874323p1.html

And more info on the gameplay itself! Me excited!
http://ds.ign.com/articles/874/874263p1.html

- takes place in mid 1800s
- "No real weapons in this game" all fighting is through Glyphs (as discussed earlier)
- Glyphs dropped by enemies, found in specific locations as well
- MP refills quickly when not attacking
- combos possible
- Glyph Union special attacks
- Character: Barlowe - teaches you tips, helps you early on in the game
- Character: Albus - controls Dominus (Glyph most suited to destroy Dracula)
- Character: Shanoa (main character) - loses her memory and power at game's start, sets out to find Dominus
- More than 20 locations
- Save statues, teleportation rooms
- receive side-quests from saved villagers
- Michiru Yamane - sound design
- No returning characters except for Dracula
- Gameplay elements from previous games: Leveling-up, dodging (L/R buttons), select button to switch between map and stats, hard difficulty setting, multiple endings, Wi-Fi support
- Wi-Fi: New item interface: own a shop, vs. competition - considers items used and damaged received to determine winner
- More features that Nintendo Power cannot talk about

Pics:
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

And the trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34621.html?ref=embedfeat
IMG

Tatsujin

order of xtc

and again a new highlight in the 2D heaven! :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Turbo D

Looks sweet dude, thnx for the info!  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

looks nice...

i haven't picked up any of the other DS castlevania games, how are they?

Lochlan

Quote from: guyjin on 05/31/2008, 06:05 PMi haven't picked up any of the other DS castlevania games, how are they?
I've only played Portrait of Ruin, and it's really good.  Far better than the GBA games, which I didn't really care for.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Joe Redifer

I'll buy this, but I am unimpressed by the chick's voice.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guyjin on 05/31/2008, 06:05 PMlooks nice...

i haven't picked up any of the other DS castlevania games, how are they?
I love all the Castlroids, so, I'd say the DS one's are great!  Portrait of Ruin is probably my favorite Castleroid, out of all of them, though, Dawn of Sorrow is really close, as is Harmony of Dissonance(which most people hate on, because of the sound quality...personally reminds me of the PCE).

Oh, & it's sounding like there is going to be a Wii CV coming.  I'm probably going to get a Wii within the next couple of months, so, hopefully that game will turn out good.  I actually liked the last 2 3D games, they were ok, & had fantastic music(one of the most important things for me).  Hopefully this latest one will be better!
IMG

TR0N

Again my hopes are dash that a 2d castlevania will be on console again.

I've herd about this latest metroidvania bah i guess.

Looks i'll have to give in and get a ds sooner or later  :twisted:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

There was a rumor, about a new CV for PS3/360, that was going to be 2D, & was going to be the "1999" game, where Drac is sealed in the moon by Julius Belmont, but, in this day & age, I don't have high hopes to see a crazy looking 2D CV, Metroid, Mario, Zelda, etc. on a console.  Portables are still brining em, but, even that time, will come to an end eventually I'm sure.  New Super Mario Bros. was nice to have, instead of something 3D, but, we haven't had a good 2D Metroid since Zero Mission, even the lone Metroid game on DS is 3D.  I haven't played it much, it just doesn't grab me.  I hope someday, that Metroid Dread, becomes a reality!
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 06/01/2008, 02:40 AMThere was a rumor, about a new CV for PS3/360, that was going to be 2D, & was going to be the "1999" game, where Drac is sealed in the moon by Julius Belmont, but, in this day & age, I don't have high hopes to see a crazy looking 2D CV, Metroid, Mario, Zelda, etc. on a console.  Portables are still brining em, but, even that time, will come to an end eventually I'm sure.  New Super Mario Bros. was nice to have, instead of something 3D, but, we haven't had a good 2D Metroid since Zero Mission, even the lone Metroid game on DS is 3D.  I haven't played it much, it just doesn't grab me.  I hope someday, that Metroid Dread, becomes a reality!
That's it a rumor if you watch the koji igarashi interview he still thinks that a 3d-vaina can work still.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34254.html

Man i wish they give it up and just put out a castlevania in 2d for consoles.

Still for some reason konami&crew are blind to the fact that a 3d-vania can work for consoles.

What a load of bs shesh.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

I think the main problem is, what would Sony think.  Maybe they could get away with it, with Microsoft, I'm not sure.  As for a 3D CV working, I think it can be done.  I think if they made one closer to the Metroid Primes, with the whole exploration thing(of which there isn't a whole lot in the other 3D CV's) then that might work.  Like I said, I like the 3D ones, but, they're not as good as the 2D.  Now, maybe some new schooler, will disagree with me, just cuz I'm biased towards 2D.  Though, it seems like, even new schoolers, prefer 2D CV's.
IMG

grahf

I played though all of the GBA/DS games. Of the DS ones, I liked Dawn of Sorrow best. Portrait of Ruin would have been a better game, but it was just too short. This new one looks incredible.

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

Tatsujin

ho hou!! it's out!? have to get it on my homeway!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 06/02/2008, 01:35 AMI think the main problem is, what would Sony think.  Maybe they could get away with it, with Microsoft, I am not sure.
Neither will approve of a 2D console Castlevania game in the US this day and age where the market caters to gangstas and nooblets. That is the sad truth.

nectarsis

My god man, you keep harping that all/most new games are gangster/fps, or crap.....gotta open your eyes man.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

CosMind

holy nuts!  now this is a ballsy move (and one that i'm quite stoked about - barring they actually make this the first well designed game in the series).

http://blue-bomber.jvmwriter.org/community/index.php?showtopic=1505

Keranu

Some other interesting news:

Rumored Mega Man 9 turns out to be true and is coming out on Wii Ware and being made completely with NES style graphics. Source - http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=1766

Rumored Castlevania Wii game is true, but for some bizarre reason it's a 3D fighting game. Source - http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=1778
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

guyjin

Quote from: Keranu on 06/26/2008, 09:04 PMSome other interesting news:

Rumored Mega Man 9 turns out to be true and is coming out on Wii Ware and being made completely with NES style graphics. Source - http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=1766
I just wet myself.  :oops:  :dance:

Keranu

As much as I hate Mega Man, I gotta admit that limiting yourself to NES graphics is pretty sweet. Of course maybe this is just more milking from Capcom!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

When it comes to Mega Man 9(shame on you K, you gotta love Mega Man :D), I think it would be coolest, if the graphics look 8-bit, but, there was special effects, like paralax, transparencies, etc.

As for the CV fighting game, I'm a little let down, I was hoping for an adventure game, but, a fighting game is cool!  One of the main reasons I want to get a Wii!
IMG

Keranu

I'm not really into 3D fighting games, but I'm very interested in seeing how they will make a 3D fighter from the ground up for Wii. That's one genre that I think would be difficult to implement with the Wii controllers.
IMG

GUTS

Hopefully it's called Castlevania: 75% Off Retail Price Within the First Month because that looks like ultimate fucking franchise killing shit.

esteban

Quote from: GUTS on 06/27/2008, 04:04 PMHopefully it's called Castlevania: 75% Off Retail Price Within the First Month because that looks like ultimate fucking franchise killing shit.
hahahahhahahahahaa. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG