The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffhlewis

No gaming purchases, but today I was reviewing my domain name registrations for my freelance business, and had a free token for a domain registration.

So I'm now the proud owner of www.collectards.com. Any ideas what I should put there? ;)

NightWolve

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/13/2014, 10:17 PM/20140713_202218_zpso38nna0d.jpg
The robotech finds where actually at a cd exchange......$3.99 a set and they even did three sets for $10....google tells me that I am only missing sets 5, 6 as I was unsure if there was more after set 7....
Nice, I wouldn't have minded running into a Robotech collection, I would've snagged all that too. What I really want though is a complete set for Voltron. I dunno if they moved it to BluRay, but I'd love to have it (preferably BluRay if available). Was pretty expensive when I saw some seasons at BestBuy ($50 bucks/season) - haven't checked latest prices of new ones though.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2014, 10:41 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/13/2014, 10:21 PMJust to clarify that is two copies of Truxton one CIB missing manual and one loose...liked the finds as they were $8 and $14

The other one I remember hearing it was fun but mediocre.  So yeah....
Does this mean you have one copy that's just the Cart+Clamshell and one loose?  I'm a bit confused by your wording.  I've been looking for a CB Truxton if you're looking to get rid of one :)
I have two copies

One CIB missing manual

One loose

Both found at the flea market but at different locations.......I jumped on them both.....wife gave look of confusing as to why I bought two copies of the same game...

I informed her that you can never have enough Truxton.

NightWolve

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/13/2014, 10:48 PMSo I'm now the proud owner of www.collectards.com. Any ideas what I should put there? ;)
Ha, did you catch Nulltard's video having hired Ron Jeremy yet ? There's a start.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/13/2014, 10:31 PMNice pickup on the Robotech DVDs...

The Half Price books close to me actually had two Robotech volumes on Laserdisc for relatively cheap...if anybody wants me to pick them up I'd be happy to.
If no one who has a laser disk player wants these let me know.....

I don't have a laser disk but it is on my list of future gets..wouldn't mind building a little laser disk collection of fun titles.

jtucci31

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/13/2014, 10:56 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/13/2014, 10:21 PMJust to clarify that is two copies of Truxton one CIB missing manual and one loose...liked the finds as they were $8 and $14

Does this mean you have one copy that's just the Cart+Clamshell and one loose?  I'm a bit confused by your wording.  I've been looking for a CB Truxton if you're looking to get rid of one :)
I have two copies

One CIB missing manual

One loose

Both found at the flea market but at different locations.......I jumped on them both.....wife gave look of confusing as to why I bought two copies of the same game...

Damn I'm jealous. I've been looking for a copy of Truxton for awhile. Weird that you were able to find both at two different goodwills.

I agree though, you can never have enough Truxton!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2014, 11:17 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/13/2014, 10:56 PM

I have two copies

One CIB missing manual

One loose

Damn I'm jealous. I've been looking for a copy of Truxton for awhile. Weird that you were able to find both at two different goodwills.

I agree though, you can never have enough Truxton!
Oh sorry not to confuse ..everything except the robotech and SNES games I found at a flea market.  The DVDs and SNES games were at a cd exchange.

The flea market finds where fun!!!

I wanted to also
Ick up a vintage HEAVY rotary metal phone that was refurbished and working...all black with chrom parts...but the guy was asking $40 and I only had $30 in cash left on me........he went to $35 but I didn't want to hit up a ATM for another $20 when it would charge me $5 just to get it.....

Medic_wheat

If anyone can give me more info on the various pc engine games and the one famicom game that would be helpfull

jeffhlewis

That famicom game is GeGeGe no Kitaro, which is actually the original Japanese version of the game that came to the states as "Ninja Kid"

Medic_wheat

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/13/2014, 11:42 PMThat famicom game is GeGeGe no Kitaro, which is actually the original Japanese version of the game that came to the states as "Ninja Kid"
Thnks...I had no idea....I don't think I have ever heard of seen or played ninja kid on the NES, but I'll check it out.....

I don't have a famicom but I do have a super 8 which I use to play malt NES and SNES imports...not that the SNES really needs a converter to pay import games....

As always I will look to see if the ninja kid NES game has been censored from its famicom counter part...

FiftyQuid

I bought a brand new sheet of glass for my pinball machine today.  Damn it looks sweet!  I think the one on my machine was the original sheet from 1987.  God knows what's been rubbed or f*cked on it.  I'd take a picture of it, but... well, it's glass!  Er...  actually here is a photo of it;

:P
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/14/2014, 12:43 AMI'd take a picture of it, but... well, it's glass!  Er...  actually here is a photo of it;

:P
Silly Billy
IMG

bartre

i'm talking to someone about purchasing a blast city.
god help me.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/14/2014, 12:43 AMI bought a brand new sheet of glass for my pinball machine today.  Damn it looks sweet!  I think the one on my machine was the original sheet from 1987.  God knows what's been rubbed or f*cked on it.  I'd take a picture of it, but... well, it's glass!  Er...  actually here is a photo of it;
Makes me think of the attempted rape sceen in road house

Opethian

Quote from: bartre on 07/14/2014, 01:50 AMi'm talking to someone about purchasing a blast city.
god help me.
went from 0 cabs to 2 in one year awesome!
IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/14/2014, 10:41 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/13/2014, 11:24 PMIf anyone can give me more info on the various pc engine games
Final Match Tennis
Nekketsu Koukou Soccor
Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball
World Stadium
Fire Pro Wrasslin' 3

IMG

Magical Chu for me!!
Lol nice bootleg lol. Let me rephrase that sounded rude. Nice example of a fake hu card. Looks like another one you or someone else had posted recently when a topic got all into bootleg hu cards and their existance.

Thabks for the heaps up. The volleyball and soccer ones are a great find fo rme as I wanted them to start. I also plan on getting the nes ones one day as a kid. Still want to get my hands on river city ransom. Nes and pc ports.

I might enjoy they basball game. Not sure if the wesaling will be my kind of sports game. At the very lest ill give them a play and worse case raffle and or trade them for something else.

xcrement5x

Got some goodies over the last week myself:

IMG
2014-07-12 PCEFX Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Turrican(t)
Pac-Lan
Tricky Kick
It Came From the Desert

I got these from the excellent BlueBMW when he was selling them.  I'm a sucker for Turrican, don't judge.

IMG
2014-07-12 Amazon Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Legend of Korra : Book 2 Spirits Blu-Ray Set
Wonder Momo : Battle Idol Volume 1

My wife and I really enjoyed Avatar and the first season of Korra.  This was finally on sale at Amazon with a fair discount from the list price after it was released so we picked it up.  The Wonder Momo book is a collection of the webcomics from Shiftylook, printed by Udon.  I can always use more Momo in my life.

IMG
2014-07-12 Silpheed by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Silpheed for the PC!

I found this bad boy at the thrift for $2 and had to grab it just because.  It looks like it's got everything it originally came with like the manual, inserts and even 5.25" AND 3.5" floppies!  I played this a lot on the Sega CD so this a pretty cool find to me. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Opethian

IMG

InfraMan

That's really cool... I didn't even realize Silpheed had a PC release! Neat find =D>

SuperDeadite

Quote from: InfraMan on 07/14/2014, 07:10 PMThat's really cool... I didn't even realize Silpheed had a PC release! Neat find =D>
Silpheed was originally developed for the NEC PC-8801 computer series.  Way back in the day Sierra visited Japan to demo their ''amazing computer games'' to the Japanese, when there the opposite happened and Sierra was amazed by what GameArts was doing and licenesed Silpheed and Thexder from them and sold PC ports in the USA.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

chany60126

Here's a few pickups I made at the VGS over the weekend. Thanks for the trade Mathius! Looking forward to playing Lunar 2 sometime soon!

IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 07/14/2014, 12:27 PM2014-07-12 Silpheed by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Silpheed for the PC!

I found this bad boy at the thrift for $2 and had to grab it just because.  It looks like it's got everything it originally came with like the manual, inserts and even 5.25" AND 3.5" floppies!  I played this a lot on the Sega CD so this a pretty cool find to me. 
Oh wow - I was digging through a box and literally just found my 3.5" floppies for Silpheed and Thexder last night. Back when I was a kid they had those two games + a game called "Zeliard" that I picked up for like 5 bucks from the Navy Exchange, not even knowing what they were. I'm heartbroken to think that the boxes might have gotten thrown away.

I haven't met anyone else that was familiar with Zeliard - it was another Gamearts port from PC-8801 to the IBM PC back in the day. Kind of an Ys III clone with an AMAZING soundtrack. And horrible US cover art...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeliard

Normal Ad-Lib Soundcard:
Roland MT-32 Soundtrack:

Medic_wheat

Here are some evil bay pick ups that just came in...

First up

Dot hack

/1405392208525_zpstw8odolh.gif

This was a series that I bought day one all through the inital games and would have continued the gu games BUT a cousin at the time who I had loaned the games to never gave them back...when I came back from my second deployment I learned that he had sold them to a pawn shop or some such rubbish....so I never continued the series and was really turned off....well time to stop letting a bad experience keep me from enjoy a game series I really liked.......

Later I'll get the three GU games.

Medic_wheat

/20140714_213937_zpsaw5jir62.jpg

Next up...
earthworm Jim!....I now have both CD ports...will need to find a copy of the sequel on cartridge some day...who doesn't like some earthworm Jim!  The Saturday cartoon show was also highly enjoyable if I may say so...

One more Atari 2600 game...this game for years I couldn't remember the name to.  But one day I saw one for sale on the Internet and the cover sparked a memory.  I loved it but maybe more because of the memories I had playing this game with my dad......

And the ps2 games I already talked about....

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 07/14/2014, 10:41 AMIMG

Magical Chu for me!!
Eff yeah!

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/14/2014, 10:59 PMwho doesn't like some earthworm Jim!  The Saturday cartoon show was also highly enjoyable if I may say so...
Homer Simpson as Jim lol
IMG

bob

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/14/2014, 10:59 PM/20140714_213937_zpsaw5jir62.jpg

Next up...
earthworm Jim!....I now have both CD ports...will need to find a copy of the sequel on cartridge some day...who doesn't like some earthworm Jim!  The Saturday cartoon show was also highly enjoyable if I may say so...

One more Atari 2600 game...this game for years I couldn't remember the name to.  But one day I saw one for sale on the Internet and the cover sparked a memory.  I loved it but maybe more because of the memories I had playing this game with my dad......

And the ps2 games I already talked about....
you have been on a tear lately.

Medic_wheat

Next up...

And the ps2 games I already talked about....[/quote]
you have been on a tear lately.[/quote]
Which ebds for at leadt the next 2-3 months. My wife and I have interviews coming up his week and next  which means if selectes we will be moving to San Antonio TX. so we will be braking a lease and with the expense of that moving and so forth it will make the budget tight.

Opethian

I also had Zeliard as a kid on PC it is an amazing dungeon game! spent countless hours on that game befor the PC at our house even hada  sound card.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: Opethian on 07/15/2014, 09:39 AMI also had Zeliard as a kid on PC it is an amazing dungeon game! spent countless hours on that game befor the PC at our house even hada  sound card.
Damn, that's devotion.  It looks pretty cool too, I will need to check it out.

I got some misc stuff yesterday which isn't really worthy adding pictures again.  Shining Force II from ProfProf, some LDs I bought without talking to a person to see if they wanted them, and a new Popful Mail poster to add to my Popful Mail collection. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jtucci31

The two Namco games and Saturn I picked up from Windy Gaming at VGS. The other 4 I bought from Bardoly on the right.

Still have to buy a controller for the Saturn and a game, but I'm excited to finally have one :mrgreen:

IMG

turbokon

A few things I picked up at VGS.

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

bob

I like GB Batman. I really do.

turbokon

Quote from: galam on 07/15/2014, 08:49 PMI like GB Batman. I really do.
I like the batman on the NES and thought I would give this a try on the GB especially only for $4:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

bob

yeah...batman may just be my favorite NES game.  the gb version is certainly worth 4

roflmao

Bernie

Got this in today.  Nice addition to my Playstation library.  I wonder how long it will remain sealed...... :-k :-k :-k :-k

/IMG_0111.JPG
/IMG_0112.JPG

PunkCryborg

Here's what I picked up last weekend at Metrocon, the Tampa anime convention.
Yume Penguin Monogotari has been a game I've been looking forward to owning for a long time now. It's a really fun and weird Konami game and it has the penguin from Antarctic Adventure  :D
IMG
IMG

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: guest on 07/15/2014, 11:21 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/14/2014, 10:41 AMIMG

Magical Chu for me!!
Sexay!

I need to get me one of those.
Yes where would one go about purchasing such an item?

roflmao

Quote from: Nulltard on 07/16/2014, 10:37 PMSplurged on a speaker upgrade for obeystation_null.

http://www.bicamerica.com/showpage.php?brand=1&type=1&spkrID=124

IMG

w00t
Nice! So when should I swing by to take your old speakers off your hands? :mrgreen:

synbiosfan

My modded NES Top Loader arrived today!

ApolloBoy added NES RGB, Expansion Audio, Palette Switch and a Multi-out Panel. I'm just using S-video and the picture difference (over RF lol) is amazing.

Now I just need a NES N8 8)

jordan_hillman

I just bought a Fenix TX CD and a red N64 controller from goodwill
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

NecroPhile

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/16/2014, 10:28 PMYes where would one go about purchasing such an item?
The huey came from chops, and the manual insert thingy and label came from sparks.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2014, 10:19 AM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/16/2014, 10:28 PMYes where would one go about purchasing such an item?
The huey came from chops, and the manual insert thingy and label came from sparks.
Thanks for the info :)

A kind member also pm'd me yesterday the info.

I have all of the Sparky stuff already so I'm half way there.

bartre

drove down to kansas to pick this sucker up:
IMG

:D

Opethian

IMG

Medic_wheat

HailingTheThings

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 07/17/2014, 02:53 AMI just bought a Fenix TX CD and a red N64 controller from goodwill
Was it Lechuza?
IMG

SmaMan

I'm baaa-ack! Been on vacation/other fun life things for the past month or so. Got some imports in while I was gone.
IMG
Famicom
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Gaiden (not pictured)
Bakusho! Jinsei Gekijou 2
Super Famicom
Daibakusho! Jinsei Gekijou
GBA
Mother 3
Sega Saturn
Metal Slug (not pictured)
Dreamcast(none of these pictured.... sorry)
Gunlord
Neo XYX
Dux ver1.5 Collector's Edition
One of the places I stopped on my recent travels was Austin, where the classic game scene was very VERY good to me:
IMG
(boxed games have manuals unless otherwise stated)
SNES/SFC
Exhaust Heat
Super Return of the Jedi

PS1
Road Rash
Final Fantasy VIII

Dreamcast
Shenmue

NES
Willow
Journey To Sillius
Star Force
Dragon Power
Arch Rivals
Renegade (no manual)

Genesis
QuackShot
PAC-Mania (no manual)
Space Harrier II
Virtual Pinball
Road Rash 3 (no manual)
Alien Storm
Gain Ground (no manual)

Music CDs
Junior Senior - D-D-Don't Stop the Beat
Soul Coughing - El Oso

[tl;dr]
It's officially time for me to slow the hell down and play some of these!
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

HailingTheThings

IMG