@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartre

Quote from: guest on 09/27/2017, 03:34 PMGot a PS3 Memory Card Adapter complete in box, plus the Steelbook version of Ni No Kuni for the PS3.
DICKS.
I've been looking for one of those to go with my BC PS3.
totes jealous.

xcrement5x

Quote from: bartre on 09/27/2017, 05:52 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/27/2017, 03:34 PMGot a PS3 Memory Card Adapter complete in box, plus the Steelbook version of Ni No Kuni for the PS3.
DICKS.
I've been looking for one of those to go with my BC PS3.
totes jealous.
I actually walked by it 2-3 times before realizing what it was exactly because it had the box as well, my brain mentally looked at the box and assumed it was another random "new" third party controller or something.

Normally I'm pretty quick to notice the accessories they have out in the baggies and dig through them looking for something that has been mispriced.  It's not often, but I've lucked out a number of times on stuff.  Only thing that sucks with the current coupon (good through Sept 28) is it only works for items $25 or under. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Bloufo

One of these is mine,

i.imgur.com/YgoF9hp.jpg

Will probably only be getting it sometime next week tho.

QuoteThe freight truck that our consignment was due to arrive in broke down.
:lol:

Digi.k

not the fami that's an older buy.  The super NES box is basically the same size

imgur.com/SadgEqW.jpg

sirhcman

Got Cuphead, looks sexy!  =D>

sirhcman

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 09/29/2017, 10:59 AMIMG
FnM Rankings
Angel Dust
Album of the Year
Introduce Yourself (Chuck Mosely FTW)
The Real Thing
King for a day, Fool for a lifetime
Sol Invicticus
We Care a lot

sirhcman

Quote from: Dicer on 09/29/2017, 11:14 AMFnM Rankings
Angel Dust
Album of the Year
The Real Thing
Sol Invicticus
We Care a lot
I really dug Sol Invictus, it was a great return album for them!

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 09/29/2017, 11:35 AM
Quote from: Dicer on 09/29/2017, 11:14 AMFnM Rankings
Angel Dust
Album of the Year
The Real Thing
Sol Invicticus
We Care a lot
I really dug Sol Invictus, it was a great return album for them!
Mind you there isn't a "bad" album per say(we care a lot is the low one, but you could see the direction), this is just how'd I'd listen to them in order I suppose.

Dicer

To quote The Bloodhound Gang... "Nah bitch, I'm talkin' 'bout motherfuckin' Falco and shit.
What? Falco?
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus"

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 09/29/2017, 04:35 PMTo quote The Bloodhound Gang... "Nah bitch, I'm talkin' 'bout motherfuckin' Falco and shit.
What? Falco?
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus"

IMG
I still love Vienna Calling...

:)

And I have some wacky Falco 12" remixes somewhere...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Being the Mario Bros. fan that I am I had to DL the first ever release of the original arcade game on Switch.

I also DL'd the sequel to my favorite 3DS game ever Steamworld Dig. It looks even better undocked surprisingly!

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 09/30/2017, 12:19 AMBeing the Mario Bros. fan that I am I had to DL the first ever release of the original arcade game on Switch.

I also DL'd the sequel to my favorite 3DS game ever Steamworld Dig. It looks even better undocked surprisingly!
Crap, you are saying I should check out Steamworld Dig, yet another game I never heard of.

I don't really follow the 3DS library, but since I have a 3DS (the kids), I should start playing the damn thing a bit more.

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 09/30/2017, 07:41 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/30/2017, 12:19 AMBeing the Mario Bros. fan that I am I had to DL the first ever release of the original arcade game on Switch.

Crap, you are saying I should check out Steamworld Dig, yet another game I never heard of.

I don't really follow the 3DS library, but since I have a 3DS (the kids), I should start playing the damn thing a bit more.
I can't tell you how many times I've played through Dig 1. It holds my attention more than any other game in the system's library. Even the new Metroid and Metroid is my favorite series ever!

Dicer

Quote from: esteban on 09/29/2017, 11:56 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 09/29/2017, 04:35 PMTo quote The Bloodhound Gang... "Nah bitch, I'm talkin' 'bout motherfuckin' Falco and shit.
What? Falco?
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus
Rock me Amadeus"

IMG
I still love Vienna Calling...

And I have some wacky Falco 12" remixes somewhere...
Vienna calling is a damn solid track.

Medic_wheat

I bought my first new pair of jeans in over seven years.

And more to my work wardrobe. But it need to get the work pants hemmed and tapered.

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/30/2017, 09:47 PMI bought my first new pair of jeans in over seven years.

And more to my work wardrobe. But it need to get the work pants hemmed and tapered.
Post pics or it didn't happen.

Don't post pics.

Medic_wheat

Lol I can't even get my profile pic to work these days.

Medic_wheat

Trying to post a picture of recent pick ups.

https://imgur.com/gallery/FROjp
IMG

Two famicom games I have had my eye one for years.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WbJ3Y
IMG

Some new threads for work. Pants are just for casual Friday's. However I plan to get taps on the shews before wearing them.

Medic_wheat

Still can't seem to get this images to post. Or even the avatar. Geez.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/01/2017, 07:12 PMTrying to post a picture of recent pick ups.

Some new threads for work. Pants are just for casual Friday's. However I plan to get taps on the shews before wearing them.
DAMN THAT FANCY THEAD.  also Recca/Rekka for NES.  neat pickup.  The summer carnival series is super interesting to me. I'd be interested in your impressions of it.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/01/2017, 07:20 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/01/2017, 07:12 PMTrying to post a picture of recent pick ups.

DAMN THAT FANCY THEAD.  also Recca/Rekka for NES.  neat pickup.  The summer carnival series is super interesting to me. I'd be interested in your impressions of it.
Thank you. Buying clothing is EXPENSIVE. However, it's time I retire the majority of my work clothing as it they where developing holes from being 5-7 years old. So I took the opurtunity to buy something more reflective of where I am in y career. No longer a broke college student or even a state employee.

Plus I was getting tired of clients saying "who are you to tell me _____ your are just a counselor it's not like you are a doctor or something."

Bitch I am a a GS12 respect my authority. Lol.

As for eh famicom games. I probably won't get play time until the tail end of this month. As my wife is expecting our second borne Oct 25th. Baby girl time. #scared

Mathius

Gimmick is my #1 favorite soundtrack on the NES, though I've only heard the music on a non-Japanese system. Play your fami cart in a real Famicom for a wee bit of epicness.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/01/2017, 08:25 PMAs my wife is expecting our second borne Oct 25th. Baby girl time. #scared
Congrats!  Best wishes on that.

and I hear you on the clothing front. I get the how do you know? and Howww long have you been doing this?  all the damn time.  but GS12 ... you gotta respect that authority.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/01/2017, 10:08 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/01/2017, 08:25 PMAs my wife is expecting our second borne Oct 25th. Baby girl time. #scared
Congrats!  Best wishes on that.

and I hear you on the clothing front. I get the how do you know? and Howww long have you been doing this?  all the damn time.  but GS12 ... you gotta respect that authority.
Thank you. I recently maned up and spoke with a co-worker who is a retired E-9 Army. I told him Dr. Mitchell I want to improve my professional look.

Lol and what was his response?

Great we can get you from looking like a E-5 and more like a E-7 how much you willing to spend? 

Then it was all about "controlling the narrative", and researching what is my style.

It was determined "quirky" is my style.

I think the whole E-5 thing was just his way of reminding me of my rank when I got out. Mind you I didn't do no 26 years like he did. I just did my 8 and called it.

TR0N

I bet those games cost you a arm and a leg  :wink: Still i'm fine just having reproductions of them a original copy is crazy expensive now.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TR0N on 10/02/2017, 03:23 AM

I bet those games cost you a arm and a leg  :wink: Still i'm fine just having reproductions of them a original copy is crazy expensive now.
They where no where near the cost of CIB copies. They are both loose and a little dingy looking. But since I plan to use them they won't need to be the prettiest on the shelf.

Granted some games just seem to inflate and never go down.

Arkhan Asylum

I got arbys and it fucking sucks.

goddamn coupon.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 10/02/2017, 03:08 PMI got arbys and it fucking sucks.

goddamn coupon.
I've never once eaten at Arby's and thought to myself afterwards "I'm glad I went to Arby's."
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

IMG

It's here!! My copy of Surgical Strike for the Sega CD 32X has finally arrived after a long trip from Brazil. A custom reproduction by VGDB Brazil, this comes with a glossy hard box to hold everything, a pressed CD of the 32X version of the game (which was only released in Brazil), plus instruction manual, poster and an info/history card.
Except for a tear in the top of the box which was covered up by a sticker, production quality looks great. The game ISO was also released by the person who made these repros, but I've been waiting for the full release to try it out and compare video quality against the regular SegaCD one.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

crazydean

HailingTheThings

IMG

TR0N

IMG
Not recent but i figure i post it finally.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

So I finally got the G70 projectors I was waiting on via freight shipping aaaand the guy while getting them onto the liftgate loses control and the fall a few feet. Trying to get them to work but I'm not super hopeful. :(

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 10/02/2017, 04:15 PMIMG

It's here!! My copy of Surgical Strike for the Sega CD 32X has finally arrived after a long trip from Brazil. A custom reproduction by VGDB Brazil, this comes with a glossy hard box to hold everything, a pressed CD of the 32X version of the game (which was only released in Brazil), plus instruction manual, poster and an info/history card.
Except for a tear in the top of the box which was covered up by a sticker, production quality looks great. The game ISO was also released by the person who made these repros, but I've been waiting for the full release to try it out and compare video quality against the regular SegaCD one.
VERY cool, have a link to get one???
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

xcrement5x

Yeah, ordering "page" is here: www.vgdb.com.br/i/pre-order-pre-venda-de-surgical-strike-re-launch-para-32x.html

Basically though you just send the cash to the guy and he ships it out.  I emailed in advance first since I had questions though.

Arkhan Asylum

got a filet o fish today

its less garbage than Arbys.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

I had Arbys today: turkey slider, cherry turnover, and a drink.  'Twas tasty for ~$4.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

Quote from: guest on 10/04/2017, 03:08 PMI had Arbys today: turkey slider, cherry turnover, and a drink.  'Twas tasty for ~$4.
so the question should be "teh what did you poop today"-thread

Arkhan Asylum

Those sliders look way better in the picture.

I had a turkey one.  It was OK, but it looked like a wet diaper basically lol.

Digi.k

a few bits of Tokimeki Memo and pre-daichikun crisis stuff.  The 45 single is the Yaren Soren Hokkaido song but the condition isn't great.

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 10/05/2017, 03:35 PMa few bits of Tokimeki Memo and pre-daichikun crisis stuff.  The 45 single is the Yaren Soren Hokkaido song but the condition isn't great.
IMG
Scan the moo-cow book!

Digi.k

turboswimbz

the next post is this:  ( as I accidentally found out, Ironically also animal related)
IMG

in99flames

I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

esteban

Quote from: Digi.k on 10/05/2017, 04:08 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/05/2017, 03:39 PMScan the moo-cow book!

only single cover and lyric sheet

https://i.imgur.com/0CZeJlQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZA5Bk0b.jpg
Thank you, I didn't realize it was for the record. I thought it was a separate kid's book. Ha!

gheebee

A third party seller on Amazon was selling copies of Runbow for Wii U for $10.64 ($6.65 + $3.99 shipping) so I ordered a copy since I'd been wondering about this one and never noticed it so cheap before.

Medic_wheat

Well I didn't buy it.

But I just won a giveaway during sideshow's live stream today.

1/6 scale tie fighter piolet.

Pretty excited.

Bloufo

IMG
IMG

Sacrilege to soil a TE with Ninty stuff. But curiosity got the better of me.

IMG
IMG