The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me some PC-FX goodies (Anime Freak Vol. 3, Detective Ladies, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna trial version, Angelique Tenkuu no Requiem, and a Cocktail Pack), a Pia Carrot art book/guide thingy, and Trails of Cold Steel II for the Vita.

IMG  IMG

Cold Steel II came from Amazon, but the book, PC-FX awesomeness, and candy were from good guy xelement.  Thanks, buddy!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

I see how it is element. :p

I got a copy of the Vesperia LE for an okay price recently, mainly for the soundtrack. When it comes in, I'll be raffling a standard edition copy of the game here.

Gypsy

Duo R console with a few games off da bay. Used their silly $15 off coupon because why not. I had been eye balling the lot since it was posted up FS, already a fair price to begin with I think.

Dicer

I've had a PVM for about 1/2 a year and finally have actual RGB cables, Gensis only so far, but saturn is on it's way and I'll have my Duo upped to RGB from S-vid.

Genny might still like a bunch of farts in a tin can, but boy howdy it looks a billion times better now

Also, Davis cup Tennis(PCE CD) sealed for like $9.

Gypsy

Yeah Genesis is purrrrdy with RGB. Huge step up from composite. Get a model 1 and use good headphones if you aren't. Love playing Genesis that way!

Dicer

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/26/2017, 09:14 PMYeah Genesis is purrrrdy with RGB. Huge step up from composite. Get a model 1 and use good headphones if you aren't. Love playing Genesis that way!
Yep, I've got my model 1 just need a CD unit to match...The model 2 stuff is fugly all around

Mathius

As good as RGB looks on my PVM S-Video out on a Genesis looks superb.

Gypsy

Quote from: Dicer on 04/26/2017, 09:32 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 04/26/2017, 09:14 PMYeah Genesis is purrrrdy with RGB. Huge step up from composite. Get a model 1 and use good headphones if you aren't. Love playing Genesis that way!
Yep, I've got my model 1 just need a CD unit to match...The model 2 stuff is fugly all around
Pro/cons to both. I ended up going with M2 SCD. Little more reliable, easier to fix, top loading etc... M1 does look really cool though, imo.

schweaty

Brag time.  Been looking for years for a PAC-N10 that wasnt a stupid price.  Had to buy a huge lot, fix/repair a few things, and get a little lucky, but I made the economics work.  And now I have another expensive thing I didnt really need that is redundant to another console.

IMG

Medic_wheat

Wow not one not two but three?  Dang boy

schweaty

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/27/2017, 12:34 PMWow not one not two but three?  Dang boy
its funny, because when i look at that pic I think "thats like 170-ish caps replaced"

DragonmasterDan

Yes, the Red, Green, Brown via SCART on Genesis looks better than composite.
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

Warbucks

Quote from: schweaty on 04/26/2017, 10:16 PMBrag time.  Been looking for years for a PAC-N10 that wasnt a stupid price.  Had to buy a huge lot, fix/repair a few things, and get a little lucky, but I made the economics work.  And now I have another expensive thing I didnt really need that is redundant to another console.

IMG
Wow, that is something I have been wanting.. Hoping I will see one at goodwill  ](*,)

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: Nulltard on 04/27/2017, 06:02 PM
Quote from: Warbucks on 04/27/2017, 05:52 PM
Quote from: schweaty on 04/26/2017, 10:16 PMBrag time.  Been looking for years for a PAC-N10 that wasnt a stupid price.  Had to buy a huge lot, fix/repair a few things, and get a little lucky, but I made the economics work.  And now I have another expensive thing I didnt really need that is redundant to another console.

IMG
Wow, that is something I have been wanting.. Hoping I will see one at goodwill  ](*,)
About 4 years ago or so, I was walking on the beach in LA.  For some crazy reason I pulled out my phone and checked eBay, and there it was... An N10 had just been listed for $69 BIN (if memory serves).  I bin'd so hard... Then flipped it to ope for MEGABUX!

This concludes story time with null.
I'm still bitter Ope beat me to negotiations with you on that sucker.  :P  One of the only pieces of LA tech I'm missing, but I'll never buy it at today's prices. 

Opethian

Nully got the business end of that deal... I got the mullet end

thanks BTW
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Opethian on 05/01/2017, 08:36 PMNully got the business end of that deal... I got the mullet end

thanks BTW
Did you give him a reach around after the mullet?

xcrement5x

So I grabbed a ton of stuff locally for free that was going to be recycled, everything cost be a grand total of absolutely nothing ($0) except my sweat hauling it. 

A Pioneer Receiver and a Sony Receiver both in nice working condition as far as I can tell.

A Bose receiver with no extra bits, but it may be worth a bit of cash if I can test it.

Sony KV-9PT60, which is a 9" color tiny trinitron and is adorable. 

A 29" Panasonic Color TV from the UK that has RGB/SCART as an input.  Haven't checked if it's working yet though since I need a step up power converter, but if it does work the picture will most likely be equivalent to an RGB modded Trinitron. 

aand..
a Harmon-Kardon T40 Turntable.  So sexy, even still has the spring stabilizer legs on it AND a nice needle.  It's in nice shape cosmetically, lid isn't cracked at all and I'm assuming the belt just needs to be replaced.

General photos from my digging through everything are here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/93679370@N00/albums/72157680017695373 

LostFlunky

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 03/31/2017, 09:52 AM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 03/10/2017, 12:31 PM
Quote from: Bloufo on 03/06/2017, 03:45 AM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 02/25/2017, 10:53 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/25/2017, 10:31 AM
Quote from: Bloufo on 02/25/2017, 09:26 AMGot this,

IMG
So. Wait. It's?  What?

Is it a way of modding for component in a PCE? 
That looks like the RGB version - there is a component version as well - which I have just ordered to try out...
The HD Retrovision folks were saying that this is "a poorly designed ripoff" of the product offered by db-electronics. And that this has the capacitors on backwards. "Video signal quality would be compromised and eventually those capacitors will fail."

I believe the seller of these is also a member here. I wonder what he has to say about this?
I wonder if they mean the caps are in the wrong spots, because if they are on backwards (reversed) they would likely explode within a short time of powering up...

I ordered a TGCD gear from this seller too - a year or two ago and it was good (along with several orders or hucards over the years)... I'll reserve judgement until I receive mine in the mail. 
Ok - so I received it last night - the version with Component, Composite and RGB... I was unable to get component working.. just a flickering picture on a CRT which accepts component and nothing at all on an LCD...

I will try again tonight, but it isn't looking good...
Finally had a chance to hook it up again.  Ok...  It does work - I am not really sure why I couldn't get it working before (and I tried on 3 tv's!), the only thing I did differently, was I hooked up the audio at the same time - maybe it needs grounding..

Picture is super nice - I played a few games I am really familiar with to see if I could pick out any deficiencies and I could see none.  I see that he doesn't have any left right now, but for the price, I would recommend it...

bartre

Bought a "broken" NES yesterday.
clip the lockout chip, and all is well.

also, finally got a Dreamcast fishing rod, cost me $4

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

TR0N

IMG
IMG

Sure wasn't gonna bother with the LRG release of dariusburst so I imported instead.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nectarsis

Thanks to EmperorIng for teh Fray

/20170506_154435_zpscjohlmhk.jpg

LRG is #151

/20170506_013335_zpsktk9szek.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Medic_wheat

Wait did you buy two CE games from LR or one is LR and the other from JP with the three ships?

Gypsy

Quantum Leap, nice.

I got some good shit today.

Duo R arrived from Japan. Played a fair bit of the baseball game that came with it. Another package with another PCE controller and a multi-tap. Then last a wonderful box filled with quite a few 3D0 games (mostly loose and were $1 each) and one of each 3DO controller.

bartre

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/06/2017, 05:16 PMWait did you buy two CE games from LR or one is LR and the other from JP with the three ships?
one's the JP import.

I got an N64 with a nice controller and the expansion pak, a wii, and a copy of Fortunestreet for the wii for $30.

now I need 2 sensor bars....

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 05/06/2017, 07:47 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/06/2017, 05:16 PMWait did you buy two CE games from LR or one is LR and the other from JP with the three ships?
one's the JP import.

I got an N64 with a nice controller and the expansion pak, a wii, and a copy of Fortunestreet for the wii for $30.

now I need 2 sensor bars....
Coolio. Sensor bars shouldn't be too bad.

OldMan

Quotenow I need 2 sensor bars....
Nah. Just 2 candles..

nectarsis

My first non forum/friend nabs in a VERY long time:

/20170508_191012_zpsswrteaya.jpg

chany60126

These arrived on my doorstep Saturday morning
IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/08/2017, 08:20 PMMy first non forum/friend nabs in a VERY long time:

/20170508_191012_zpsswrteaya.jpg
Going deep with that Yamato game.

Digi.k

Geezus linking that nintendo ID to the switch was a nightmare... anyway

IMG

while in hong kong...
IMG

Dicer

Records...

lost: /w1707-h960-no

nectarsis

Bartre with teh hook up  :dance: :dance:

/20170512_005307_zpsexfez5za.jpg

Gypsy

What's the converter looking thing?

I got some Ecksbawks yesterday. Toejam and Earl III, Otogi 2, Whiplash, Whacked, Conker Live and Reloaded.

nectarsis

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/12/2017, 08:08 AMWhat's the converter looking thing?

I got some Ecksbawks yesterday. Toejam and Earl III, Otogi 2, Whiplash, Whacked, Conker Live and Reloaded.
Konami classic to jamma convertor

bartre

Freeway2

^^^^^^That's a nice looking stick there.  I don't think I've ever seen any high level play with that Ace though he seemed fun to play around with once powered up.  What kind of parts do you have in it?
"If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me"

bartre

Quote from: Freeway2 on 05/15/2017, 04:07 AM^^^^^^That's a nice looking stick there.  I don't think I've ever seen any high level play with that Ace though he seemed fun to play around with once powered up.  What kind of parts do you have in it?
this guy is pretty fun to watch.

I'm running a brook PS3/PS4 board for the controller, a JLF stick, and seimitsu screw ins.
I've always thought that sanwa buttons were too twitchy for me.

johnnykonami

This is probably the most collectardy thing I've bought in a while:

https://www.shiptoshoremedia.com/store/albums/snatcher

I don't even have a record player and probably won't get one, either.  But, I'm a huge Snatcher fan, have several of the Japanese release CDs for many years now.  This is supposedly the same version as the Sega CD version of the music which I've always liked best and none of those other CD's are based on.  Why they couldn't have just released this as a CD I dunno.  So I went full hipster, good bye $35.  You'll look cool on my shelf unlistened to in your completely obsolete media format.

jtucci31

Quote from: johnnykonami on 05/15/2017, 03:47 PMThis is probably the most collectardy thing I've bought in a while:

I don't even have a record player and probably won't get one, either.  But, I'm a huge Snatcher fan, have several of the Japanese release CDs for many years now.  This is supposedly the same version as the Sega CD version of the music which I've always liked best and none of those other CD's are based on.  Why they couldn't have just released this as a CD I dunno.  So I went full hipster, good bye $35.  You'll look cool on my shelf unlistened to in your completely obsolete media format.
Damn that looks fucking sweet. I may get this despite still having not played the damn game. It's on my summer list!

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2017, 11:11 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 05/15/2017, 03:47 PMThis is probably the most collectardy thing I've bought in a while:

Damn that looks fucking sweet. I may get this despite still having not played the damn game. It's on my summer list!
Really can't believe they still haven't gotten this up on Virtual Console or Steam or PSN yet.   And that this soundtrack (this release, I mean) isn't on CD!  I would have even settled for some downloadable versions of the tracks.

nectarsis

NIS has some of the best shipping

/20170516_010405_zpsozpi1icd.jpg

Gypsy

Quote from: johnnykonami on 05/15/2017, 11:38 PMReally can't believe they still haven't gotten this up on Virtual Console or Steam or PSN yet.  And that this soundtrack (this release, I mean) isn't on CD!  I would have even settled for some downloadable versions of the tracks.
Yeah I don't get this either. Surely it would sell well enough. I gladly would have bought it for PC instead of burning it off and dealing with my Sega CD to play it.

Have some gewd games arriving today. Download for the PCE from forum member Gredler, as well as Cotton 2 for Saturn.

esadajr

Get the record player, they aren't that expensive. Records are cool to collect too.
Gaming since 1985

xcrement5x

I saw the Snather LP from ShiptoStore as well but after they kind of screwed up the coloring on the Darius vinyl I'm a bit wary. 

Digi.k

I couldn't help it.. the tard' in the collect came out of me..

IMG

nectarsis

/20170526_192054_zpsxywhvcmx.jpg

xcrement5x

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/26/2017, 10:06 PM/20170526_192054_zpsxywhvcmx.jpg
Heh, my wife and I love grabbing those Disney tins when we can find them cheap.  My 4 year old loves watching the Donald Duck cartoons from back in the day.