RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Quote from: hoobs88 on 07/06/2018, 01:24 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/06/2018, 01:03 AMOne of the more pricey mega-cd games but i fond one one i was willing to pay for.
IMG
That cover art is way better than the PC Engine version! I really enjoyed the game in the arcade but the PC Engine version was lackluster. Hopefully they did a better job on the Mega Drive version for you.
Ninja Warriors,for the sega/mega-cd is a very faithful port to the arcade original. It is way better compared to the pc-engine version. Also it's soundtrack is great given it was done originally by taito in house band zuntata.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/06/2018, 10:18 AMI have been wanting to play that ninja warriors game. It's so pricy no matter the platform.

What is considered the best port of this game?  Did it ever come out in a arcade compilation later spent he road?
Best ports of the ninja warriors,mega-cd of course then follow by the amgia.It's also on taito memories for PS2 but i don't know how good that port is.The game also had a digital release for PS4 as a arcade archive title to.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TR0N on 07/06/2018, 06:08 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/06/2018, 10:18 AMI have been wanting to play that ninja warriors game. It's so pricy no matter the platform.

What is considered the best port of this game?  Did it ever come out in a arcade compilation later spent he road?
Best ports of the ninja warriors,mega-cd of course then follow by the amgia.It's also on taito memories for PS2 but i don't know how good that port is.The game also had a digital release for PS4 as a arcade archive title to.
That PS4 release sounds interesting. Does it require you to be on line to play?  I hate when PSN requires you to be on line at all times to play digital down load games

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/06/2018, 08:59 PM

That PS4 release sounds interesting. Does it require you to be on line to play?  I hate when PSN requires you to be on line at all times to play digital down load games
For games released by hamster for the arcade archives series do not have online play.
IMG

nectarsis

plus picked up Rogue Galaxy on PSN on sale for $3 and change been waiting for a solid sale.  :dance: :dance:

/20180707_154233_zpsftputjpe.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TR0N on 07/07/2018, 01:10 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/06/2018, 08:59 PM

For games released by hamster for the arcade archives series do not have online play.
Looked through the current catalogue. A few interesting arcade games. However $7 a game? Dang.

Gypsy

Someone I know was clearing out some of their old anime and I am dumb enough to buy it.

It's all shelved now, which took a lot of reorganizing but these are quick and dirty pics from the day I got all of it. Lots of old releases here for the most part.

IMG
IMG

Medic_wheat

You got the baccano complete series. I hear that's gotten pricy.

Gypsy

Unfortunately the license to Funimation expired and it reverted to Aniplex. They released a BD but it's now oop too. I got all this for well under eBay sold rates of course as I've known the couple I bought it from for about 9 years now (wow times flies).

Speaking of which this has impacted Darker Than Black S1 as well. I am importing a dvd copy of the first season from the UK, only about $20 US w/ shipping within England and then reshipping to me. If this show interests anyone here, I'd be sure to pick up Season 2 + OAVs BD before the license expires.

Medic_wheat

Yeah that Darker then Black has been in limbo.

I so wish I had bought the S1 Blu-ray off right stuff when they had it on sale for like $45 rift before the rights were lost.

xcrement5x

Quote from: TR0N on 07/06/2018, 01:03 AMOne of the more pricey mega-cd games but i fond one one i was willing to pay for.
IMG
I love the Ninja Warriors OST, dat mulk is such a rocking track!

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 07/29/2018, 01:00 AM
IMG
I love the Ninja Warriors OST, dat mulk is such a rocking track!
Yeah very good ost by zuntata beside the mcd port being a more faithful then the pce one.
IMG

Gypsy

Vintage Stock is doing their B1G1 coupon so I picked up a Criterion DVD and a random two pack BD. Only $8 so not too bad...

So yeah for anyone with those in their area, definitely worth dropping by with the coupon.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/31/2018, 06:09 PMVintage Stock is doing their B1G1 coupon so I picked up a Criterion DVD and a random two pack BD. Only $8 so not too bad...

So yeah for anyone with those in their area, definitely worth dropping by with the coupon.

I went by today and did okay. May swing by tomorrow as well before the coupon expires.

nectarsis

Slain is the fastest shipping I've ever seen shipped first class from New Hampshire Saturday afternoon and I received it this morning.

/20180806_172331_zpshhpynf5p.jpg

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/07/2018, 06:05 PMplus picked up Rogue Galaxy on PSN on sale for $3 and change been waiting for a solid sale.  :dance: :dance:

20180707_154233_zpsftputjpe.jpg
Years and years ago I bought the whole Twilight Zone 1959 set on DVD. Is the Blu-Ray worth the upgrade ?
--DragonmasterDan

NightWolve

Oh nice, total Rod Serling all on BluRay now huh ? ;)

Didn't notice that earlier, I tuned out quick from the rest of his photo after my eyes glanced at "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" which stood out, heh.

xcrement5x

Muv-LuvTrilogy.webp

The Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box - PS Vita Kickstarter Edition has finally arrived!
Almost 3 years after I made the initial pledge I'm happy to see this finally get delivered on my front door. The package contained a lot of stuff, here's a quick rundown though:

1) The physical PS Vita games for Muv-Luv (includes Muv-Luv Unlimited on the cartridge as well) & Muv-Luv Alternative

2) The Collector's Edition Box; within which there is a Muv-Luv game creator signature(!) on Limited Edition Sticker, Kickstarter Edition Physical Artbook, and Physical OST CDs

3) Max Factory Figma SP-037 Kagami Sumika Action Figure (also Kickstarter Exclusive)

There are also a number of digital rewards that I got along the way, but they don't really show up that well in a picture :p

Click the main picture if you want to see the rest of the photos I took.

Gypsy

Been on a Criterion kick lately.

Lone Wolf and Cub (6 movie set), Tokyo Drifter, Gate of Hell, High & Low, Zatoichi (25 movie set) and Rebel Samurai: Sixties Swordplay Classics (4 movie set). I wish the Samurai set was on BD but at least Criterion dvds are pretty decent.

nectarsis

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/07/2018, 04:58 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 07/07/2018, 06:05 PMplus picked up Rogue Galaxy on PSN on sale for $3 and change been waiting for a solid sale.  :dance: :dance:

/20180707_154233_zpsftputjpe.jpg
Years and years ago I bought the whole Twilight Zone 1959 set on DVD. Is the Blu-Ray worth the upgrade?
In my opinion it is VERY worth the upgrade.   Dvdbeaver have a pretty good comparison of some shots,  a lot more detail and the remastered sound with no 5.1 bullshit really make this worth an upgrade.

NightWolve

Ys12ChroniclesJP.jpg

My new import copy of Ys I&II Chronicles [JP Microsoft Windows PC] safely arrived yesterday via USPS from RyuHayabusa for a mere $33 pesos. Kept it nice'n'sealed in excellent condition so purty cool! The big box was so light, I was worried for a moment thinking I might be getting pranked, but all was fine. He packed it excessively well. I don't think it has a manual, it's a really small box with probably just folded material and a DVD in its paper sleeve (I'm guessing).

Best part of course is not seeing the poison that is XXXSEED Games written on it! I'd rather take the Japanese than touch anything those corrupt, callous, criminal clown jobs published via massive worker abuse/exploitation/IP Rights violations (pertaining to my Ys CAT translation software) by exploiting my early fan localization projects in secret collusion with my backstabbing partner, Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum!!! :x :evil: He was nothing but a Neo-Geo.com turbo troll who I should've banned from my PC Engine forum when I had the chance, send him back to N-G where he came from so he can play w/ flash his schlong front-side while xRotx'n'gang moon/flash their backsides (one big "happy" NeoGeo family)...

Anyway, I didn't need this import, Falcom has so many variations/reboots/repackages of Ys Eternal (Ys Complete LE/XP/Popular Edition) followed by Chronicles (so Ys Eternal -> Ys Complete -> Ys Chronicles) so it's strictly a collectible why-not kind of thing and Ryu offered a new/sealed box pretty cheap compared to eBay (about $15-$20 less). It's kinda funny how they recycled this over and over again, it feels like there's nostalgia in their own ranks about it and it's not just more cash-grabs on their part. I dunno, but I still love the company since growing up with Ys Book I&II for better or worse.

NightWolve

"Inland Professional 240GB 3D MLC NAND SATA III 6GB/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive"

On sale: $40

http://www.microcenter.com/product/485911/240gb-3d-mlc-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive

IMG

QuoteGet SSD speeds and inject new life into your laptop or desktop PC with a solid state drive from Inland Professional. With a fast, reliable Inland Professional SSD, you will experience quicker boot-up and shutdown, quicker application response and data transfer speeds than with a typical hard disk drive without purchasing a new computer.

Specifications

Endurance: 175 TBW
Color: Black
Capacity: 240GB
Read Speed: 550 MB/s
Write Speed: 490 MB/s
Interface: SATA 3.0 6.0Gb/s
Form Factor: 2.5"
Architecture: 3D TLC NAND Flash
Random Read 4K: 42,000 IOPS
Random Write 4K: 80,000 IOPS
I bought this a year ago, but I'm really happy with the product and I know some people here shop at MicroCenter which is where I bought my first home PC (Compaq Presario) in 1996 so wanted to pass the deal along. Great computer/electronics store, so many great gadgets wind up in there some times for dirt cheap, especially with open-box markdown sales when items are returned. So anyway, I recommend the SSD upgrade if you're still using a 7200 RPM spinner in your desktop or tower PC...

Had I waited a year or so though, I would've purchased the next model up for 480GB which is more comfortable while still using a secondary 1-2TB spinner for long-term storage of videos, photos, music, projects, backup, etc.

The 480GB is also on sale for $70!

http://www.microcenter.com/product/503405/480gb-3d-tlc-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/17/2018, 10:44 PM"Inland Professional 240GB 3D MLC NAND SATA III 6GB/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive"

On sale: $40

http://www.microcenter.com/product/485911/240gb-3d-mlc-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive

IMG

QuoteGet SSD speeds and inject new life into your laptop or desktop PC with a solid state drive from Inland Professional. With a fast, reliable Inland Professional SSD, you will experience quicker boot-up and shutdown, quicker application response and data transfer speeds than with a typical hard disk drive without purchasing a new computer.

Specifications

Endurance: 175 TBW
Capacity: 240GB
Random Read 4K: 42,000 IOPS
Random Write 4K: 80,000 IOPS
I bought this a year ago, but I'm really happy with the product and I know some people here shop at MicroCenter which is where I bought my first home PC (Compaq Presario) in 1996 so wanted to pass the deal along. Great computer/electronics store, so many great gadgets wind up in there some times for dirt cheap, especially with open-box markdown sales when items are returned. So anyway, I recommend the SSD upgrade if you're still using a 7200 RPM spinner in your desktop or tower PC...

Had I waited a year or so though, I would've purchased the next model up for 480GB which is more comfortable while still using a secondary 1-2TB spinner for long-term storage of videos, photos, music, projects, backup, etc.

The 480GB is also on sale for $70!

http://www.microcenter.com/product/503405/480gb-3d-tlc-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive
I go to Microcenter here and there but their sale items are usually long gone if they're a good enough deal
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

I really only trust Samsung SSDs, they have had amazing track records and usage stats.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2018, 10:10 PMI really only trust Samsung SSDs, they have had amazing track records and usage stats.
Whatever brand you like, the SSD is an awesome upgrade though if replacing any traditional 5400/7200 RPM spinner! Just makes using a PC so much more pleasant and responsive, etc.

I see new desktop PCs still being sold with a 1TB 7200RPM spinner as standard, but I'd never go back to that, it's an insult - the fast boots and incredible app-loading improvement with a SSD is a God-send! The transition of a new, affordably-priced standard with SSD for OS/boot and an extra larger-sized spinner for general storage is happening, but yeah, they're still unloading PCs built on the old model.

NightWolve

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=708776

Nice, another sale price drop by $5, it's now $65 bucks for that 480GB SSD I linked earlier!!! Screw it, I think I'm sold, I'm gonna upgrade my Windows boot drive again, might buy it this weekend!!!

nectarsis

pretty nice noise canceling headphone (free with my phone upgrade)...plus some random gaming goodness

/20180906_230534_zpsdy7kgo5j.jpg

NightWolve

Dragon Warrior XI!!!!!!!!! ;)

Medic_wheat

More games more problems.

FlintstonesNES.jpg

tbone3969

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/19/2018, 08:12 PMMore games more problems.
FlintstonesNES.jpg
Wow Flinstones for NES.  That game sucks.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

fsa

I picked up 2 WiiU game last night;
Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World, $20 for both.
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

NightWolve

Quote from: tbone3969 on 09/20/2018, 08:55 AM
FlintstonesNES.jpg
Wow Flintstones for NES.  That game sucks.
So you won't have a gay ole time with it ? ;)

NightWolve

Quote from: SpecificationsEndurance: 340 TBW
Capacity: 480GB
Random Read 4K: 70,000 IOPS
Random Write 4K: 60,000 IOPS
MTBF: 1,500,000 Hours
IMG

Killer Deal @ MicroCenter for a 480GB SSD: On Sale: $60 !!!! I think it's an unbeatable deal even compared to what you can find on eBay (relative to my last searches)! (~$65 with taxes)

Already own it, bought it last month, but just FYI. A simple computer upgrade to give your old SATA PC a tablet boost!! Everything works faster, 10-15 second Windows boot, fast loading apps, including Adobe Photoshop, no more moving parts for hard drives, only thing left moving in a PC should just be cooling fans (aside from DVD/BluRay drives).

Medic_wheat

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/20/2018, 12:42 PM
Quote from: tbone3969 on 09/20/2018, 08:55 AM
FlintstonesNES.jpg
Wow Flintstones for NES.  That game sucks.
So you won't have a gay ole time with it ? ;)
I'll have the gayest of times. One way. Or another.

nectarsis

/20180923_001447_zpsk41nvxo3.jpg
/20180928_231337_zpskoqzbru3.jpg

nectarsis

Late night pickup for $30 (Vol. 18 is still sealed). Just goofing on Ebay yesterday, found a guy that was local, and finished it off Ebay, picked them up after work, and just arrived home.

/20181009_010620_zpshriwbidt.jpg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: nectarsis on 09/29/2018, 12:52 AM/20180923_001447_zpsk41nvxo3.jpg
/20180928_231337_zpskoqzbru3.jpg
Which vita game is that ?  A little blurry.

nectarsis

NightWolve

Got some random free Falcom import games/products today from a friend, decided to do a dreaded "unboxing" video for it. ;) Most notable for me was scoring an original Gurumin PC import (which was localized on Steam/GOG by Mastiff Games). :)

EvilEvoIX

It's been a while since I posted but Photobucket finally caved last May so I think hosting is free again.  Let's hope it stays that way. 

IMG
IMG

Just got back from Vegas and visited a nice game store that also had a small arcade.  Good game selection albeit small.  This fighting game ain't bad, lots of great moves and varied characters.  Colors could be better, seems a bit washed out for my tastes but it appears to just be a styling choice.

IMG
I had the Sharp Twin for a while but got me two Monitors; they take Composite, S-Video, and RGB.  Score.  Built in speaker too and also a pass through.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Some random pickups out in Philly, always need more Neo Geo bags, this is my 2nd one.  Turbo MVS controller is absolutely necessary for Viewpoint.  My fingers almost fell off and you have to switch between turbo and not for charge shots.  This game is impossible.

IMG
Pickups from Sage Mantis in VA, I 100% completed Super Metroid and I am convinced it is a perfect game.  What a masterpiece.  Lester not so much.  The Green cart on the left is MOTW for the MVS.

IMG
Got the power.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Nice Craigslist finds.  The Game Gear stuff was so cheap like $5 a game.  I was so lucky.

IMG

This thing was nuts.  It was like $10,000 brand new. I just paid $50 for it from some old lady who has hundreds of games in her garage.  Also picked up two Namco guns and Point Blank for the PS1 as well as Time Crisis.    You hook it up to an XBOX/XBOX 360 PS2/PS3 or any PC via USB and it simply makes you sweat bullets.  I played NFS most wanted on it and you are so sore afterwards, very responsive and amazing.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NightWolve

PhotoBucket caved as in old links are working again or only pertaining to uploading new images ? Nobody whose account was paywalled would ever trust them again, but if some old links are working again that's good.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/11/2018, 04:01 PMPhotoBucket caved as in old links are working again or only pertaining to uploading new images ? Nobody whose account was paywalled would ever trust them again, but if some old links are working again that's good.
From what I read, they fired the CEO who's idea it was to try and get $399 from
Everyone ( I feel terrible for those who paid ).

All links are good now.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

nectarsis

more goodies this week  :dance: :dance:

/20181021_230829_zpsy60lxeqy.jpg

Medic_wheat

I too got that Ash vs Evil Dead Collection. That bobble head is surprisingly well made. Not just cheap plastic or vinyl.

Although the series ended prematurely then what was intended. The final episode does still work as a series final.

Gypsy

IMG
IMG

Old games and older movies.

Digging into the Dreamcast shmups again. And yes I have the Gigawings, those never left, heh.

Criterion was running a flash sale at their webstore and everything was 50% list. I am now caught up on their BD releases of Japanese movies I really wanted to own. There are like 2-3 that I would try if I got them on an Amazon Warehouse deal for like $13 or something but otherwise not even at sale prices. Of course they will inevitably get more that I want out on BD but it's nice to be caught up. Gonna watch Ikiru later tonight.

xcrement5x

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/11/2018, 02:34 PMIMG
I had the Sharp Twin for a while but got me two Monitors; they take Composite, S-Video, and RGB.  Score.  Built in speaker too and also a pass through.
That tiny JVC TV is adorable.  What's the model of it, and what kind of connections does it take?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2018, 10:40 PMThat tiny JVC TV is adorable.  What's the model of it, and what kind of connections does it take?
Those 9 inch pro monitors are nice in general. I suspect it's taking composite through BNC there but probably has RGB via BNC as well.
--DragonmasterDan

exodus

nice game gear find evilevo - jealous of that!

nectarsis

One of my LRGs (plus NISA) LONG waits are finally over   :dance: :dance:

/20181113_182637_zpsnokvz3kn_edit_1542155875685_zpsk3urfwml.jpg

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/13/2018, 08:02 PMOne of my LRGs (plus NISA) LONG waits are finally over   :dance: :dance:

/20181113_182637.jpg
Yeah, Cosmic Star Heroine finally arrived for me last week too.
--DragonmasterDan